Balance Tech Question

Old 02-02-2009, 10:27 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Balance Tech Question

Have a question. My wife bought my son and I two Maxamp 8000mah 7.4 2S batteries for Christmas (heck of a woman ) I was impressed that Austin wrote a handwritten note thanking her for the purchase, nice touch!! These batteries were going to be for a Revo, but instead I converted my son's Mugen MBX5T to brushless with the Mambo 2200kv combo kit (AWESOME). Anyway, I stack these batteries on top of each other, strap them in, wire them in series and run them. I want to charge them as a 4S so I can get them balanced together, versus changing/balancing them separately. These batteries come with a 4S balance plug on them, so I assume I could take the 2 black wires from one pack and put them in the other pack's balance tip...BUT, what do I do with the 2 red wires, solder them together?? Do I build a custom tip with 2 female Hyperion plugs and a male on the other wired in series...seems like it would be easier to use the plugs I already have since the packs are never separated.

Any help/recommendations would be great.

Thanks,

Kevin
Old 02-04-2009, 02:36 PM
Tech Master

I hope the e-mails answered your questions.

Jason
Old 02-04-2009, 08:47 PM
Tech Rookie

Default you bet

They did Jason, wasn't the answer I wanted, but I am sure its the right answer