Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > Company/Manufacturer Forums > MaxAmps Support Forum
DISGUSTING CUSTOMER SERVICE FROM MAXAMPS >

DISGUSTING CUSTOMER SERVICE FROM MAXAMPS

DISGUSTING CUSTOMER SERVICE FROM MAXAMPS

Old 02-05-2009, 01:04 PM
Tech Addict

Default Been on both sides of the transaction

I am a frequent online buyer of RC and computer related items.

I also have worked in sales and public contact/service type jobs.

A couple observations.
It is virtually impossible to generalize from one purchase or experience to overall level of customer service.
Also no matter how good the customer service in general is, given sufficient volume of transactions statistically there is bound to be problems. Toyota's will always generate far more complaints than Fiats, cause they sell a lot more.

I can speak from experience both as buyer and seller that ever so often you get a transaction from hell; i.e. Murphy's Law on steroids. First the item gets lost in shipment, the customer is upset send you an E-mail 3:10 Pacific Friday, your east coast so no one replies until Monday. You agree to send the customer a new one only to find out your out of stock and your next shipment isn't until Wednesday,even tho you overnight it at no charge, the product finally arrives a week late and damn if it isn't defective. You cross ship them another item and the rookie order puller misreads the invoice.
etc,etc,etc.

Given the volume Maxamps does I think if they consistently delivered bad customer service then we would be seeing a much larger number of complaints. On the other hand when you have a very squeaky wheel (customer who publicly complains) I think then you have to really jump through hoops and go above and beyond because it becomes about reputation which is worth tens of thousands of dollars not about a hundred dollar battery.
When I was managing a small computer store in Denver we got a call on a Saturday morning from Boise, Idaho from a tech who had flown in from Dallas to do an install and he was telling me we had shipped a PC with the wrong kind of drive and his project was dead in the water. I offered to FedEX it to him overnight but at the time, that meant probably late Sunday or early Monday, that really wasn't good enough. So I ended up driving to the Airport going to the Frontier Airlines counter paying $40 dollars to have one of the crew hand carry it on the plane and deliver it to the Frontier ticket counter in Boise, he got the part within 3 hours of his call. Sometimes when you screw up you got to take it to the next level.