Looking for Advice

Old 02-17-2008, 10:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Looking for Advice

I'm sorry for asking retarded questions. I've been out of the hobby for about 7 years and recently our local club has had a resurgence in activity and I'm looking to move back from bashing to racing the local guys.

Our local club is running 19t electric buggy and truck offroad classes with significant turnout. I'd like to get in on that action.

I'm toying with the idea of getting a XXXT CR w/ Novak GTB 10.5 brushless and I'm interested in lipo.

Which pack would you recommend for this application?
Looking at your Lipo 5000HV 2S 7.4V Packs, any idea on what sort of racing runtimes I would expect from that pack in this setup?

What charger/balancer rig would be a good fit for a 1-2x month racing environment.
I'd be looking at 5-6 runs in a race day, ideally.
Also, I've been having trouble finding this -- what should I expect for charge tmies for this class of battery? Just curious so I know how many I would need to satisfy the race day.

Like most, I'm not interested in throwing money away needlessly but I want decent equipment and don't mind spending a little to get the right setup.

Thanks in advance,
Bill
Old 02-18-2008, 06:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Originally Posted by anomaly
I'm sorry for asking retarded questions. I've been out of the hobby for about 7 years and recently our local club has had a resurgence in activity and I'm looking to move back from bashing to racing the local guys.

Our local club is running 19t electric buggy and truck offroad classes with significant turnout. I'd like to get in on that action.

I'm toying with the idea of getting a XXXT CR w/ Novak GTB 10.5 brushless and I'm interested in lipo.

Which pack would you recommend for this application?
Looking at your Lipo 5000HV 2S 7.4V Packs, any idea on what sort of racing runtimes I would expect from that pack in this setup?

What charger/balancer rig would be a good fit for a 1-2x month racing environment.
I'd be looking at 5-6 runs in a race day, ideally.
Also, I've been having trouble finding this -- what should I expect for charge tmies for this class of battery? Just curious so I know how many I would need to satisfy the race day.

Like most, I'm not interested in throwing money away needlessly but I want decent equipment and don't mind spending a little to get the right setup.

Thanks in advance,
Bill

I would say the 5000 2s or the 6000 2s. The 5000 you should get at least 3 mabey 4 good races out of it and the 6000 atleast 4 to 5 races. I'm running both the 5000 and the 6000 but Im running on carpet not dirt but I would say it should be close to the same.
I also have the Hyperion 0606I charger and love it.
If I run my packs to the cut of it takes about 75 min. to charge with the balancer hooked up and about 60 with out the balancer hooked up. That is running them to cut off if you just repeak after a race or two it wont take nearly as long.
I hope this helps.
Aaron