Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > Company/Manufacturer Forums > MaxAmps Support Forum
Attention!! The New MaxAmps Skins are In and available for all 1/10th scale packs >

Attention!! The New MaxAmps Skins are In and available for all 1/10th scale packs

Attention!! The New MaxAmps Skins are In and available for all 1/10th scale packs

Old 01-22-2008, 10:41 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

What do you recommend for new pack purchases? Is the shrunk-in the best option?
Old 01-23-2008, 07:31 PM
Tech Master

First look at it this way Are you required to use them where you race? If not then don't get them. If so and you will only be using the packs for racing then get em' shrunk on.

Jason
Old 01-23-2008, 09:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 139 (97%+)

I have bought one of these for my 6000 lipo and im not at all impressed with it it is nothing more than a packaging plastic that other co. use to sell there product in and you throw this wrapper away
and the heat shrink on your lipos is as good as this thing
very nuch not impressed and really dont think ROAR will approve this if so I will be shocked!!!
Old 01-24-2008, 07:21 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by twistedone
I have bought one of these for my 6000 lipo and im not at all impressed with it it is nothing more than a packaging plastic that other co. use to sell there product in and you throw this wrapper away
very nuch not impressed and really dont think ROAR will approve this if so I will be shocked!!!
Is the plastic casing at all flexible? As I recall it had to be hard enough to not allow damage to the inside pack. I am assuming that if it dents at all, its no good.

Are there any pictures of what a shrinked in version looks like?
Old 01-24-2008, 09:26 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by twistedone
You've clearly stated your opinion all over RCtech as to how you feel about the skins. If you haven't used it or cut the skin down I would like you to return it all for a refund. I would rather have you happy than have you upset because your not impressed. And so you know we have all the test packs being made and sent in and we will announce the results when ROAR's testing is complete.

Jason
Old 01-24-2008, 10:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 139 (97%+)
Default just some thoughts

Originally Posted by JAM MaxAmps
You've clearly stated your opinion all over RCtech as to how you feel about the skins. If you haven't used it or cut the skin down I would like you to return it all for a refund. I would rather have you happy than have you upset because your not impressed. And so you know we have all the test packs being made and sent in and we will announce the results when ROAR's testing is complete.

Jason
I have cut it and mounted it and will keep it it was 3.79 I just feel that you have put on a show for the crowds its not a hard case it dents it can be cut with a belt in a tc just like the heat shrink has and will and I thought these forums were to inform people and give advise and then co.s take feedback and improve there stuff?
I love my battery but not the skin why is that wrong
I also just purchased one of your adapter's(hyperion to thunder power) and when I received it the wire is not soldered right it has loose connection. I can fix it but why pay you to do something when I still have to do it?
order number was 108568 thanks for the great battery the other stuff will get better
Old 01-24-2008, 11:39 AM
Tech Legend

Jason,

Does maxamps plan to make a hard case for the lipos to compliment the skins that are already out? May be a nice option for places that insist on a hard case.

By the way, does maxamps have any plans to release higher C rated battery packs that use cells like Enerland? for 1/8 scale conversions they appear to be where things are going. I am happy with my maxamps pack, and have looked at other brands based on how the dimensions of the packs are flatter, if maxamps has plans to make packs similar in dimensions and the higher C rating with enerland cells, I would just go with you guys.
Old 01-24-2008, 02:59 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

is this the kit??

Old 01-24-2008, 03:34 PM
Tech Legend

that looks like it.

What I would like to see is a pick of what a pack looks like with the skin shrunk into the pack.

My only concern that I can see from looking at the skin is the side that don't have anything to go over the pack. With that side open, I wonder if ROAR will have an issue.?
Old 01-24-2008, 03:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
is this the kit??

That is their slide on and off kit, In case you allready have a soft pack or just dont like hard pacs and need to have one for the track your at, They also have a one that is molded to the battery.
Old 01-24-2008, 04:27 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by LOSI BOY-MF2
That is their slide on and off kit, In case you allready have a soft pack or just dont like hard pacs and need to have one for the track your at, They also have a one that is molded to the battery.
thanka i couldnt find that one ill look again
Old 01-24-2008, 04:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
thanka i couldnt find that one ill look again
When you are ordering the pack it's in with the options on the drop down menu.
Old 01-26-2008, 08:13 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by LOSI BOY-MF2
When you are ordering the pack it's in with the options on the drop down menu.
thanks