Questions

Old 11-25-2007, 08:34 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default Questions

I have notices a lot of people at our track having problems with MaxAmps lipos not accepting a charge. It is very discouraging to purchase from MaxAmps if they are having a problem charging right from the beginning.

Are you suppose to use the balancer while you are charging or use the balancer alone by itself?

If you have problems with the lipo and they are under warranty, how does the warranty process work? MaxAmps takes weeks to receive batteries when you first order, will that be the case during the warranty phase?

I have the Team Orion packs for my B4 and they work great. But, they do not have saddle pack batteries yet and I am looking to get the B44, but I am wondering if I will have problems with MaxAmps batteries like some of the people at the track. One guy at the track is so upset with his MaxAmps lipo and I really do not want to go through that.

Thanks for your time...
Old 11-25-2007, 09:56 AM
Tech Rookie

Huh, that's odd, while I've only had my lipos a few days now, my neighbor has had them for a month or two and has had zero problems with his lipos.

If you have the LBA10 balancer you can work it either way, as a stand alone balancer or while the pack is charging. You just gotta know the sequence to get the ball rolling so to speak heh. Take a look at my thread just below here and you'll see Jason spell it out perfectly on how to get it goin.

As far as shippings concerned, it took a whole four days for my batteries to get here, ordered on a tuesday, arrived at my door on friday, and thats with a holiday on thursday! You don't live somewhere remote like iceland or something do you?

If I had to guess, I'd say it sounds like you friends at the track are trying to do things one way only and getting all mad and frustrated about it instead of asking maxamps for advice. Which with as much presence as they have on the net, I'd think they're more then willing to give on their product.

But anyway, if you want an opinion from someone who also watched a friends experience before buying himself, I'll tell you that they're worth it, even if it does take an extra day or two to show up.

Booker
Old 11-25-2007, 11:46 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I use Team Orion lipo pack and have zero problems. I know how to balance my lipos. I balance & charge them at the same time.

I have just heard from people at the track that it takes two weeks before you receive your batteries. That is good that MaxAmps has improved on shipping out their products.
Old 11-25-2007, 06:28 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I have been using both the Max Amp and Team Orion Lipo batteries for about one year and have had no problems chargeing either one. I use the Durtrax ICE and MRC Brain 989 chargers and when connected correctly to the balancer and charger I have never had a problem.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:51 AM
Tech Master

Generally when any battery won't take a charge or the process won't start, it comes down to the charger and balancer not being set up right from the start. We are not having any problems with our batteries at all. Balancing is best done before charging. Start with a level pack then Balance during the charge because the balancer will stop a cell from possibly being overcharged.Our standard warranty is 30 days from the time you reach the pack in your hands. If you go to the polocies page at our website you'll see how the Extended warranty package works. When it come to getting a pack from us you need to realize that we are the only ones that make your pack as it's ordered. We do not have a bunch made up and sitting around on the shelves ready to go. We want our customers to get the freshest pack avaiable. General turn around times are only a few days. Sometimes if the work load from a ton of orders can add a couple of days to this time, that's why the guys will work on weekends to keep things moving. For shipping times we are at the mercy of the shippers sometimes as we all know things can come real quick or real slow we cannot control them. And remember personal experiences are the easiest way to find out if your gonna like something. And trust me I think you'll be happy with us and our products. Keeping our customers happy is our first priority and if you ever have a problem we will be here to help.

Jason

Originally Posted by MannEdge
I have notices a lot of people at our track having problems with MaxAmps lipos not accepting a charge. It is very discouraging to purchase from MaxAmps if they are having a problem charging right from the beginning.

Are you suppose to use the balancer while you are charging or use the balancer alone by itself?

If you have problems with the lipo and they are under warranty, how does the warranty process work? MaxAmps takes weeks to receive batteries when you first order, will that be the case during the warranty phase?

I have the Team Orion packs for my B4 and they work great. But, they do not have saddle pack batteries yet and I am looking to get the B44, but I am wondering if I will have problems with MaxAmps batteries like some of the people at the track. One guy at the track is so upset with his MaxAmps lipo and I really do not want to go through that.

Thanks for your time...
Old 01-02-2008, 09:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Is it safe to use an MRC 989 superbrain??

My local shop says NO! Can you verify???
Thanks
Old 01-03-2008, 07:04 AM
Tech Master

I personally don't like them. Out of all the chargers out there that brand always seems to be the one that has had issues in the past. There are a lot of users that have great luck with them so don't get me wrong. I just don't care for em' or trust em'. I'd look at the hyperion line if I were you. I own two and am probably gonna get another soon.

Jason
Old 01-03-2008, 10:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

I have had the superbrain 989 and DID NOT like and had problems with it. I also have a hyperion charger the EOS0606I and love it.
just my .02 cents.
Old 01-05-2008, 01:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks for the replies.