Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > Company/Manufacturer Forums > MaxAmps Support Forum
4000HV, 5000HV, 6000HV 2s 7.4v Packs >

4000HV, 5000HV, 6000HV 2s 7.4v Packs

4000HV, 5000HV, 6000HV 2s 7.4v Packs

Old 02-16-2008, 01:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by doriftu
just got my 5000mah 2s from Maxamps and the first thing i noticed is that the wires are in the middle of the pack. This caused difficulty to use the fiber tape to secure the pack

the packs in your site showed that the wires came out from the side which is obvisouly different from the pack i have.

anyone is experience this?
Glad you said this, as I was about to order of a pair of 6000mah packs and didnot notice this either. I wonder why the corner termination is not the default way, if it is pictured that way?
Old 02-23-2008, 09:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAM MaxAmps
Wires out the center is standard if you wanted corner termination you need to specifly this in the order comment box. If need be send the pack back and have the guys re locate the wires.

Jason
how could the wire in the center as standard when the site shows the wires are at the side??

anyway, im not from US. sending the pack back would be very expensive...
Old 02-24-2008, 08:13 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by doriftu
how could the wire in the center as standard when the site shows the wires are at the side??

anyway, im not from US. sending the pack back would be very expensive...

A lot more cars/trucks have it where the wire best fits coming out the center of the pack some car/trucks work better with it out a corner. Standard is center as for the picture it shows that the corner is an option.

Jason
Old 02-28-2008, 09:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAM MaxAmps
A lot more cars/trucks have it where the wire best fits coming out the center of the pack some car/trucks work better with it out a corner. Standard is center as for the picture it shows that the corner is an option.

Jason
I also agree that this is confusing. Why don't you guys put the wiring option in a dropdown like the plug and wire options? I just received my 6000 Maxamps pack and it won't fit in my car due to the wire being in the center, right where the battery bar tries to meet the battery post...