Wiki Posts
Search

2014-2015 indoor onroad

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2014, 11:14 AM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cgolf
For the Tekin users, I can't get the Hotwire to work?

Also what is the difference between these settings?

LEDS 3 & 5 Spec “Blinky” mode activated. Sensored-Only,
no Timing or Boost. ROAR Spec legal.
LEDS 3, 4 & 5 Big Event Spec Lockout mode activated. Can
only be undone via HotWire™.

no difference, other than the first scenario you can change with the buttons on the esc....

the second scenario can only be set and reset with a hotwire....this is a more "secure" setting, meaning you cant pas thru tech and change the esc with the on board buttons..
Old 10-13-2014, 03:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Do you know is the Tekin Gen 2 in blinky legal? I think I found the right spot on the ROAR sight that lists it as ok.

Man I miss the old days, it seemed so much easier lol. Maybe it was because we had less classes and way less technology. Anyone remember the old resistor speed controls you had to use an eraser to clean off?
Big thing to remember about VTA. It exists outside of ROAR. ROAR can't make manufacturer specific rules. USVTA can, does and generally is one of the strongest classes because of it. Don't ever start a "but ROAR says" argument in the main forum. You might as well take up cat herding. Your questions belong in the main forum anyway. When asking a what if question, consult the USVTA rules. Do you know that the rules are closely followed internationally? Why? Because they leave no room for error. The rules have no gray areas. Bodies, wings, ride height, motor, ESC, weight, batteries, tires, inserts are all mandated and up to date.

I do not ever want a mechanical speed contoller or brushed motors ever again. Nostalgia is a nice word for looking back and remembering only the good times. I do agree that onroad in general has too many classes. Finding that one class everyone will run... what did I say about herding cats?

The members of the club have to say as a group only n classes can be run any given Sunday. Then name the classes. Some will pass on one class, but run another. Right now the only stable class we have is VTA, followed by Mini and LM-1. USGT has weak following, but its still viable. GT12 is making a big splash. 12th needs some dedicated drivers to make it work again. Pro10, it has a special place and is a great learning tool.

Weight limit for LM-1 was 1200.
Old 10-13-2014, 05:04 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by liljohn1064
Big thing to remember about VTA. It exists outside of ROAR. ROAR can't make manufacturer specific rules. USVTA can, does and generally is one of the strongest classes because of it. Don't ever start a "but ROAR says" argument in the main forum. You might as well take up cat herding. Your questions belong in the main forum anyway. When asking a what if question, consult the USVTA rules. Do you know that the rules are closely followed internationally? Why? Because they leave no room for error. The rules have no gray areas. Bodies, wings, ride height, motor, ESC, weight, batteries, tires, inserts are all mandated and up to date.

I do not ever want a mechanical speed contoller or brushed motors ever again. Nostalgia is a nice word for looking back and remembering only the good times. I do agree that onroad in general has too many classes. Finding that one class everyone will run... what did I say about herding cats?

The members of the club have to say as a group only n classes can be run any given Sunday. Then name the classes. Some will pass on one class, but run another. Right now the only stable class we have is VTA, followed by Mini and LM-1. USGT has weak following, but its still viable. GT12 is making a big splash. 12th needs some dedicated drivers to make it work again. Pro10, it has a special place and is a great learning tool.

Weight limit for LM-1 was 1200.
The VTA website actually references the ROAR website was why I was asking, here is the passage from the VTA site '6/2014: THIS CLASS WILL NOW ALLOW ROAR SPEC CLASS ("BLINKY") APPROVED ESCS
THE APPROVED ESCS LIST REMAINS HERE FOR THOSE TRACKS WHO WISH TO CONTINUE USING THE LIST' Sorry for the all caps, that is how it copied, but my Tekin Gen 2 is on the ROAR list, so should be 100% legit this weekend.

Oddly at least when I ran last year there were only three VTA regulars, and was always worried there wouldn't be enough of us to race. Hope there is more this year. Will be interesting to see what happens to the LM class with the Pro 10 coming out.

But ya back in the day, national offroad 1/10th was 2 wheel stock, 2 and 4 wheel mod and that was it Of course the trucks got there too.

Actually I believe that my questions belong here because this is the only track I care about being legal at, don't plan on going elsewhere for onroad. Yes the rules were much more relaxed when I started last year, which I why I am going here to make sure I am legal to run at Marcca.

If and when I win I don't want anyone in the club to point fingers at me and say I am cheating, I don't need any advantage to run well, especially with the TC3.

Last edited by Cgolf; 10-13-2014 at 05:37 PM.
Old 10-13-2014, 07:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

While I would agree for that reasoning, personally I don't understand the reasoning for the already slow motor and the almost 1/2 pound of extra weight that needs to be added to the car. Did the battery motor combo weigh more when the rules were written? To me it would seem the national rules should be updated.
Pretty simple, if you want to run a brand new Xray or Tamiya, add the weight. If you have a Tc3 or a tub chassis car, you wont have to add a lot. You don't need a shorty servo, or a tiny reciever or esc. Nobody needs to run a body with a spritzing of white paint.

On top of all that, heavier cars are easier to drive.

Sincerely,
Your friendly neighborhood USVTA guy
Old 10-13-2014, 07:31 PM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robk
Pretty simple, if you want to run a brand new Xray or Tamiya, add the weight. If you have a Tc3 or a tub chassis car, you wont have to add a lot. You don't need a shorty servo, or a tiny reciever or esc. Nobody needs to run a body with a spritzing of white paint.

On top of all that, heavier cars are easier to drive.

Sincerely,
Your friendly neighborhood USVTA guy
you dont know nothin about USVTA.....fool....lol..

how you doing rob.....long time no race together......
Old 10-13-2014, 08:27 PM
Tech Champion

I'll be bringing the VTA cars out Sunday. All 3. USGT, yep. LM-1, packed. The F1 cars can stay home. GT12, oh boy what a pair! Pro 10, sexy. 12th, 17.5 blinky and MOD. Do I dare put an ESC in the 17.5 sedan?

And a scale. You know, just in case.

Can you feel the love brothers? Can you dig it?
Old 10-13-2014, 08:31 PM
Tech Regular

I'll be bringing the VTA cars out Sunday. All 3. USGT, yep. LM-1, packed. The F1 cars can stay home. GT12, oh boy what a pair! Pro 10, sexy. 12th, 17.5 blinky and MOD. Do I dare put an ESC in the 17.5 sedan?

And a scale. You know, just in case.

Can you feel the love brothers? Can you dig it?
I vote we weigh all VTA cars, I really want to know where I am at. Got 200 plus grams of lead to dump into my TC3 to make weight, should be fun.

What would be impressive is if you could drive all three VTA's at once

We expecting a crowd? How many showed last Sunday?

Last edited by Cgolf; 10-13-2014 at 09:05 PM.
Old 10-13-2014, 10:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

My VTA build is in the mail, should all be here Friday. Hoping to have it thrashed together for Sunday, if not the following. It's the wifes car... but I also picked up a body for myself to run it when she isn't, which will be most of the time this season.

Planning on making the trip tomorrow for some Pro10 track time.
Old 10-15-2014, 01:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default As a reminder....

Most, if not all of our on-road classes use some type of tire additive/conditioner.

We've been asked by the off-road program to make use of spare pieces of carpet as burn-out strips in lieu of placing cars with wet tires directly on the racing surface. Not doing so, leaves black traction marks on the carpet. Albeit non-permanent, they are offensive to some.

Pretty simple...

Either remove excess tire additive from your tires with a rag/towel or use the burn-out strip before heading to the racing surface.
Old 10-17-2014, 06:57 AM
Tech Champion

Please replace your divots in the racing surface as it makes driving near impossible. Sorry, wrong thread.
Old 10-17-2014, 05:48 PM
Tech Regular

Please replace your divots in the racing surface as it makes driving near impossible. Sorry, wrong thread.
Guessing the on road cars don't cause the tears. Still can't wrap my he'd around off road carpet, only place I did it was Gish's trackside, or R&R in Quincy that was dirt with carpet jumps.

To my question, how many GT12's are expected this weekend? My dad is super interested in the class. About ready to see if the VTA breaks the scale or if I need more lead

Cheers
Chris
Old 10-17-2014, 06:13 PM
Tech Champion

Guessing the on road cars don't cause the tears. Still can't wrap my he'd around off road carpet, only place I did it was Gish's trackside, or R&R in Quincy that was dirt with carpet jumps.

To my question, how many GT12's are expected this weekend? My dad is super interested in the class. About ready to see if the VTA breaks the scale or if I need more lead

Cheers
Chris
At least 7 GT12s.
Old 10-17-2014, 07:04 PM
Tech Regular

At least 7 GT12s.
Definitely need your scale for my VTA. Got some bad info I guess last year, added 160 grams to the car and came in at 1715 grams. Got it a shade over 1600 but have the weight balanced so don't want to pull more out. So if I was light last year I was at least in the 1500 range. Makes me feel better about it
Old 10-18-2014, 06:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Good time to get started...

If you have a class, or two to race, let's get things started tomorrow.

We need to start making use of this track.

I'll open the doors between 8:30-9:00am.
Old 10-18-2014, 09:40 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by celt
If you have a class, or two to race, let's get things started tomorrow.

We need to start making use of this track.

I'll open the doors between 8:30-9:00am.
We will have a mini, LM, and VTA with and ready.

If somebody has a GT12 my dad and I could try a couple of laps that would be cool

Probably would be to slow for me, a roadkill and a 3.5 would be spot on

Last edited by Cgolf; 10-18-2014 at 11:21 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.