2013-2014 Indoor Season Update

Old 07-21-2013, 04:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default 2013-2014 Indoor Season Update

So far, the club still has in play a site for this fall to move indoors to. This site is on the west side of Stoughton Rd just south of Buckeye Rd. There are two identical size units that are still open and either would suffice. The landlord has these units in the marketplace for more lucrative tenants but it is likely one or both will be available this fall.

One unit would need significant prep and the other almost none. The rent would be quite different from one to the other. Our intentions would be to take the lesser one and put sweat equity into it to save on the rent. We would lose at least four feet of track depth but could add it back in width if need be. If I remember correctly there are no support posts and and pit space will be a little less than the last space.

I have told the landlord we would take possession in September and likely open for indoor racing in October. I think the club will do very well there should it all come together.

On another note, we will be moving from Deansville this fall. The owner of the land has made contact with me asking what we are going to do. I have talked to some of the other board members and we agreed this move is going to be best path. Mr. Statz is willing to let us be there till about mid September and would like everything taken and the ground leveled some. I said that would be fine and we would work to that end.

I hope everyone is enjoying summer racing. I have only been out once this far. Please email any questions or correspondence to [email protected] because I am not checking the forum daily.

Stay tuned for a move out date from Deansville, we will need the help many members
Old 07-24-2013, 07:50 AM
Suspended

Thanks for the update/info, it helps.
Old 07-24-2013, 12:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JaunStillerbee
Thanks for the update/info, it helps.
4 posts and already banned? Impressive...

Old 07-26-2013, 06:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by whitrzac
4 posts and already banned? Impressive...

Old 08-26-2013, 01:21 PM
Tech Rookie

What's the latest update on the indoor season and do we have a startup date yet?
Old 08-28-2013, 07:08 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Harley Brian
What's the latest update on the indoor season and do we have a startup date yet?
+1
Old 08-30-2013, 08:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

Ok here is where things stand:

The space we looked at in June is still available. It is not nearly as "nice" inside as the last place and needs a large wall torn down and a lot of degreasing of the floor. It will cost less however. I will be talking to whomever I see at Clark from MARCCA and get a consensus to move forward. Travis and Erik have seen the space and thinks it's fine to use. It is 1954 Stoughton Rd.

You can always email me at [email protected] for prompt responses to questions about our plans
Old 09-02-2013, 03:06 AM
Tech Regular

[QUOTE=Weaves1;12501189]Ok here is where things stand:

The space we looked at in June is still available. It is not nearly as "nice" inside as the last place and needs a large wall torn down and a lot of degreasing of the floor. It will cost less however. I will be talking to whomever I see at Clark from MARCCA and get a consensus to move forward. Travis and Erik have seen the space and thinks it's fine to use. It is 1954 Stoughton Rd.

You can always email me at [email protected] for prompt responses to questions about our plans[/QUOTE

Thanks for the update duder
Old 09-10-2013, 04:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default indoor season

So has anyone made a decision onwhat if anything we are doing for indoor?
Old 09-10-2013, 07:47 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I think that the club still has the option on the above building but all efforts are on hold for now until the club takes care of the outdoor stuff at Deansville. There is $15,000 or more worth of club assets that need to be removed before we lose it. First things first.
Old 09-11-2013, 05:45 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by marccaracer
I think that the club still has the option on the above building but all efforts are on hold for now until the club takes care of the outdoor stuff at Deansville. There is $15,000 or more worth of club assets that need to be removed before we lose it. First things first.
While that may be true there is not much going as far as plans . This has been an issue for years and you can personaly atest to this. While I am not an officer of the club due to my travel schedule I am certainly willing to help as long as plans are made far enough in advance. If we are going to support the sport and want the club to grow then there has to be someone willing to organize, if not then whats the point. Im certainly not trying to stir the pot here or pointing fingers but lets either do... or not do...
Old 09-11-2013, 07:52 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by marccaracer
So lets do it! What do we need and when. Do we need a truck for the trailer, bobcat? Are we taking down the driver stand? Weed wackers, beer? Im in! I work some saturdays and sundays now at the performance hobby center but Im off the weekend of the 21st 22nd. I might be able to get someone to work for me. Sooner we get it done the sooner we race. And I want to race some carpet!
John Krizan 608-658-7368.

Last edited by The Czechexican; 09-12-2013 at 07:24 PM.
Old 09-12-2013, 04:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

Ok so the landlord let me know today there is a tenant in play for the space we wanted. I will contact him maybe in a week or two to see if it went through. Right now we have no indoor site to move to.
Old 09-12-2013, 07:23 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Weaves1
Ok so the landlord let me know today there is a tenant in play for the space we wanted. I will contact him maybe in a week or two to see if it went through. Right now we have no indoor site to move to.
Oh no...I thought there was two unit's?
Old 09-12-2013, 09:10 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Weaves1
This is exactly what im talking about. No firm plans, lack of direction and no one wants to lead. So now we are on the search again...
Again, not trying to stir the pot and certainly not pointing fingers. If I was in town and able I would certainly step up but this is what happens when there is no leader and no plans or communication.
Karl, thanks for your efforts, and I do mean that buddy. You are the only one that is even attempting to communicate.

Last edited by RichyRich; 09-12-2013 at 09:13 PM. Reason: addition

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.