Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing > MARCCA Discussion
MARCCA Outdoor Offroad Track (Rockpile) Summer "05" >

MARCCA Outdoor Offroad Track (Rockpile) Summer "05"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MARCCA Outdoor Offroad Track (Rockpile) Summer "05"

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2005, 03:51 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Practice?

Hay I was wondering if we have enough people and it was a nice enough day yet this year could we go to the Rockpile and practice for the day?? Possibly us transponders to check lap times?? Please reply TY
Old 10-23-2005, 05:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I'd be up for that as well, but it would have to be a sunday cause i work every other day.
Old 10-23-2005, 07:37 PM
Tech Initiate

weather is calling for partly cloudy with only a 10% chance of rain this sunday and a high of 57 so when the sun is out it will feel like 65.

I will call around and see who else would be interested from down in IL. Been wanting ot try out the track this fall but haven't had the time yet. I will this week end though.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I missed the last reace at the Rockpile. SO you can count me in for Sunday. I also race with 4 other people from Rockford that would defenetly race on Sunday.

Please post a note (?) if Brian says it's OK to race on Sunday.
Old 10-24-2005, 06:20 PM

Just saw your post's guys, I'd like to race also but... I have already pulled the stakes and some pipe. I also have half of the big jump dismanteled. The bobcat has been busy already. We plan on a new layout for next season, and if I do a lot of the major work in fall, the dirt gets to settle in and compact a bit. The track will be a bit larger next season and I hope to get the new lanes put down before winter. Sorry for the buzz kill. It would be fun to race again. Plus I'm gone this weekend.

Brian
Old 10-25-2005, 08:09 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Have you already got a new plan drawn up? No big jump? Give us a hint...
Old 10-25-2005, 06:05 PM

No Dave, I don't have a layout yet. It's quite a chore to get. Sometime in the middle of winter I'll go out to the track wearing only a loincloth and sit and fast for three days up on the big turn, then in a vision, the layout will be revealed by the great spirit Triple Double Double. The work this fall is just preparatory for the visitation. Actually I do have a couple of ideas but nothing concrete yet. If anyone wants to draw and submit ideas, that would be cool. The dimensions of the track will be approx, 150' X 90'. We could then take and mix and match various features, ie... Ring of Fire, Swamp Section, Swinging Axe Section... and so on. So send in those ideas, I hope this helps answer your question.

Brian
Old 10-26-2005, 10:32 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

That is perfect Brian. I'll brainstorm on that and consult with the racing spirit "whooptydouble-leftclayberm" and we'll see if the dirt gods agree.
I wthought it would be neat if the uphill on the right ran down to a sweeper leading to the front straight doing away with the crossover. The uphill could be a step up jump onto the right turn?
I have some other ideas too. I'll draw some pictures (wearing a diaper while burning incense of course...) and see what comes to me.
Maybe we can use this thread as an open forum for track ideas?
Old 10-28-2005, 03:59 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Since I'll probably be playing 1/8 scale driver next year, I'll add my old loop idea:
Attached Thumbnails MARCCA Outdoor Offroad Track (Rockpile) Summer "05"-loop2.jpg  
Old 10-30-2005, 05:50 PM
Tech Initiate

I find playing old nintendo games, like offroad dirby help with coming up with ideas. There is also rock & role racing. You can get emulators and play them on your computer. http://www.emuasylum.com/index.php

Old 11-08-2005, 08:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I like using The Old Computer for my emulators and roms. try getting RC Pro Am 2 lol wish we could fire missles at the outher vehicles in real life.
Old 11-28-2005, 10:41 PM
Tech Initiate

I am looking for the guy that had his Revo at the Monroe track a week or 2 ago. I got my hands on one of those Omega X2 .21 engines and am wonder what gear ratio to use. Looking for a lot more speed. I am guessing that the bell gear will need to be bigger and the spur gear smaller. I am also thinking about the wide ratio set. Would you also happen to know what glow plug is good for this engine, I am using a stock traxxas 2.5r plug right now. I think I need a colder plug. Should I upgrade to the trinity pipe or will the stock pipe work ok?

What was that truggy you were driving too? That thing was awesome.

To the guy with the S-Maxx :P for bumping me out of the way lol. That thing was fast.
Old 12-24-2005, 06:36 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Returning Message

This the guy that had the S-Maxx (sorry for the bump it wouldn"t happen if I were that slow also ) The guy with the Revo and Hot Boddies pro is my buddy. His Revo is running a close ratio 2 speed, stock clutch and spur, The secret is the modified RC10Gt header and a Trinity pipe, and 30% Nitro. Nasty Runners A