Community
Wiki Posts
Search

An open letter to Marcca

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2004, 09:25 AM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

the problem with the way marcca has been run it that it has been tilted to one class or the other.....or one type of raceing or the other......it needs to be what is best for marcca, not what is best for gordon, or clegg, or matt, or anyone...it has to be best for all.....
Old 11-12-2004, 09:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Gordon, for the good of Marrca, you need to realize that you're not right. 99.99% of the R/C world runs on Brushed Motors. Are they as efficient as brushless? No. I understand you have a problem with Trinity, and there are a lot of people who don't like the fact that they seem to still have the best brushed stuff out there as far as stock motors. Is brushless racing the future...Maybe. But when you are trying to build a program, you want to make things as even and easy as possible. That means, for the time being, runing the industry standard which is Brushed motors. I understand you hate working on motors. Well, a lot of people do. You don't "need" a comm lathe or new brushes every 5 runs. Your motors will still run, your brushes can be cleaned up with a fiberglass pen, and you can use comm sticks to clean the motor up. Granted there will be a gradual performance decrease until you replace brushes or cut the comm, but you need to decide how competitive you want to be.

Just remember an acient Vulcan Proverb:
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few...or the one.
Old 11-12-2004, 09:28 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

And not turning comms is best for everybody, would you not agree? I mean, unless you like turning comms.
Old 11-12-2004, 09:33 AM
Suspended

And I believe Kirk, turned that around and stated that sometime the needs of the individual are more important the the needs of the many.

And part of my issue with this is that just because 99.9% of the people are using brushed, doesn't mean it is the best solution. I know I'm in the minority, just let me play, OK?
Old 11-12-2004, 09:41 AM
Tech Champion

The club's needs for growth are more important than your need to not turn motors. Yes, it is new technology, in many ways better technology, but so is Satellite TV. Just because its better doesn't mean everyone is going to adapt to it. I'd love to start racing mod rubber sedan...but the class has no legs around here. So what does that mean? That I run stock rubber and be happy that there's something to run.
Old 11-12-2004, 09:42 AM
Tech Regular

Well if you want to race with the 99.9 % of the people then it is. I really don't see what the problem is. If you want to run brushless then get three other people and run brushless or run in the open class. If you want to run stock brushed motor than run in that class. You can't have everything. We don't want to split the classes but we also don't want to run them together. That is not possible.
Old 11-12-2004, 09:43 AM
Tech Champion

Oh, and Kirk was delusional at the time...he was still mourning the loss of David, the loss of the Enterprise, etc....he wasn't thinking straight I think it may have had something to do with too much Romulan Ale too....
Old 11-12-2004, 09:44 AM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by GordonFreeman
And not turning comms is best for everybody, would you not agree? I mean, unless you like turning comms.
Some people like tinkering with motors, myself included.
Old 11-12-2004, 09:59 AM
Suspended

Speaking of which I'm gonna hafta take a break from posting, I need to get my motor in shape for Sunday. Hang on...Ok, I'm back everything looks good.
Old 11-12-2004, 10:04 AM
Suspended

And Vang, it's fine with me if we run in a different class, but what happens when I drive 45 minutes to find I'm the only one that showed up for that class? Scoot me out the door and say, see ya later, because you don't want a stock brushless running in stock class?
Old 11-12-2004, 11:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Well thats the chance you take for being on the cutting edge of technology... and being different than 99% of your fellow racers
Old 11-12-2004, 11:48 AM

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

My god, I go to a movie and come back and see Star Trek being used to define reasoning for how to make rules for a R/C club.

John to say "But in this case I happen to be right " is the kind of attitude that has caused Marcca to get the past it has. The lack of middle ground and the I am right you are wrong and you are just too stupid to understand that talk is what is not needed going forward.

I love brushless motors, but why make it so I cant race against more than 3 other people when I can race against dozens if I play by the rules established for the last many years. Brushless will come. But to try and cause trouble for everyone by insisting it needs to happen now wont do anything more than cause people to push back more.
Old 11-12-2004, 11:51 AM
Tech Champion

LOL. What Movie?
Old 11-12-2004, 11:51 AM
Tech Regular

You guys will have a class of stock brushless. I drive 70 miles to trackside and if there is only 3 people racing foam I have to do it any way. When you pick you equipment you kind off pick the class you run in.
Old 11-12-2004, 11:53 AM

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by RC Driver Gary
LOL. What Movie?
hehe the Incredibles - which was by any deffinition awesome. the CGI work was the best I have ever seen in a "cartoon". and the movie itself was awesome.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.