Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Summer 2004 Road Course Racing

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2004, 11:17 AM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

if there were more electrics, i would race....i will try and get there next time....
Old 06-06-2004, 08:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

No i had to run with the nitro. and i was running about 4 or 5 laps slower than the fastes and on about the same pace as the slowest.

I ran my brushless with a 26p/128s for the first 2 heats.rocket ship out of corners ans toped out about 10-15 feet down the front strait. for therest of the day i ran the only outher pinion i had and that was a 33 it had a lil slower acceleration than the nitro and was a hair slower than them, but it only gained me about 10 seconds in the race. the average lap i think was about 15 seconds.

i was running sorex 28 with red inserts, rubber is what we decded the electric class will be running, they gripped great till i got in the Mt. Dew that they put on the inside of the corners. id hit it and it would spin out esily. id stay wide and out of the Dew and it was a bit better, i think it is mainly the setup i have on the car thats the problem, because they griped fine when i tesed it off the track driving around the cars.

and the drift tires are loads of funn they grip a bit better but let it slide eisier than on carpet.

P.s. i had a longer post but my lil brother restarted the computer. I can never retype what i have the first time when something gets erased.
Old 06-07-2004, 06:36 AM
Administrator

are they specing the sorex 28??? that is not the best choice....the 36 sorex is far better, the 28 overheat and get squirely......also, a mod sedan should turn faster lap times on that track then a nitro..... the nitro will be faster on the straights but the infeild will be owned by the electric....
Old 06-07-2004, 10:12 AM
R/C Tech Founder

I don't think there's a spec tire...
Old 06-07-2004, 10:24 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

the reason i ran the 28 is because none of the hoby shops in madison had the 36 when i looked. but they griped evenly untill about the last 30 seconds.

no they are not specking any tires. it run what ya brung, but they are saying rubber for electric cars.

and yes it was a lil better in the chicane than the rest of the track. it was mostly all straits with a very small chican by the drivers stand and because of the 33 tooth pinion it was almost exactly teh same as a nitro but i cant drive worth a crap yet and my setup stunk.

darn im sitting here typing and now my grape nuts cereal are all soggy. lol breakfast

P.s. im going to bring my F1 car out next time and try it i know the motor rule will brobibly stand and im gonna run it with the rubber tires on. but i also gonna try foam. i have like 5 sets of those i think.
Old 06-19-2004, 05:17 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Anybody run today? There hasn't been much talk on here about MARCCA's sedan program.
Old 06-21-2004, 08:32 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Apparently not.
Old 06-27-2004, 09:43 PM
Tech Addict

I just got a nitro TC3. I'm looking forward to racing with you guys on the 10th.

---Neil---
Old 06-28-2004, 07:26 AM
Tech Regular

Default racing

Good to here Neil. Just bring it on man. See then.
Old 07-07-2004, 07:59 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Summer Race Series Cancelled

Due to small turnout at the first few races, the road course racing program at Verona has been cancelled for the season effective immediately. The Den in Monroe, WI (http://www.thedenrcraceway.com/) has outdoor sedan racing every Saturday through the summer.

Watch this site and www.marcca.com for information on the start of the indoor season which will probably begin in October. See you indoors!
Old 07-07-2004, 11:22 AM

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

The den has been a good place every time I have been down there.
Old 07-07-2004, 12:05 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Makes me feel great about all the time I spent trying to keep the program going last summer. Guess the club just stopped caring.

Whatever you do, don't try to use the drivers stand, though. The club would rather let it sit there and rot then be used for anything useful.

What a joke. Thanks, MARCCA, for reminding me what an idiot I was to have spent my time on your club.
Old 07-07-2004, 07:05 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Shane, it is not your fault hardly anyone came out to race. I am guilty of not racing. Just one of them deals. Some people just like to show up and race and not worry about anything else. Human nature.

I am just hoping that something positive happens this winter.
Old 07-08-2004, 06:15 AM
Administrator

like carpooling to trackside????? or racing at the den????