R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   MARCCA Discussion (https://www.rctech.net/forum/marcca-discussion-60/)
-   -   MARCCA Raceway 2010 rules and classes (https://www.rctech.net/forum/marcca-discussion/395186-marcca-raceway-2010-rules-classes.html)

marccaracer 05-03-2010 06:36 PM

MARCCA Raceway 2010 rules and classes

MARCCA RACEWAY 2010 OUTDOOR RULES AND CLASSES

We are a non-profit club organized and ran for the enjoyment of RC racing. Our goal is to provide a fun, safe program for all to enjoy.

CLUB HOURS

Wednesdays 2-8pm open practice. $5 fee

Sundays – race day – NO nitro engines before 8 am. Drivers meeting at 10:45. Racing starts at 11 sharp. Please sign up early.

GENERAL CLUB RULES

We are a family based operation. Please keep the language acceptable.
Please place all trash in the barrels provided.
The race director is in charge of the event. Please follow his instructions at all times.
You must marshal following your race or find a replacement for yourself.
We do have house transponders. Please check the heat sheet every time for your correct number. Get it back in the charging rack immediately following your race.

ENTRY FEES

First entry for member $10
First entry for non-member $15
Additional classes for everyone are $5 off the first entry price
Children 14 and under are $2 off of first entry

CLASSES

Six entries make a class. If we have less than that the race director will place you in a similar class to run. Please sign up early so we can adjust accordingly. Everyone will get to race. If electric 1/8th scale vehicles are running for points against nitro powered vehicles they must pit once during the A and B mains.

SPORTSMEN TENTH SCALE ELECTRIC
Open to all beginning racers. All types of vehicles will run together. The purpose of this class is to get people the track time they need to hone their skills without emphasis on winning.
Heat and main lengths are 5 minutes.

TENTH SCALE ELECTRIC
Open to all tenth scale electric stadium truck and buggies. Run what you brung. Heats are five minutes and mains are 7 minutes

4x4 SCT.
All SCT must run a fully enclosed SCT type body with full fenders.
All SCT must run 6 cell nimh or two cell lipo batteries.
All SCT must run SCT tires and rims of the 3.0 inner diameter and 2.2 outer diameter dimensions. Any brand or type.
All other rules are open for this class.
Heats are 5 minutes. Mains are 7 minutes

STOCK SCT.
All SCT must run SCT tires and rims of the 3.0 inner diameter and 2.2 outer diameter dimensions. Any brand or type.
Only stock chassis are allowed in this class.
Motor limit is 17.5 brushless or any kit SCT brushed motor.
SCT aftermarket parts are allowed.
NO 8th scale shocks allowed.

OPEN SCT.
Aftermarket chassis are allowed.

ELECTRIC BUGGY
Heats are 5 minutes. A Mains are 10 minutes, B mains are 7 minutes and lower mains are 5 minutes

ELECTRIC TRUGGY
Heats are 5 minutes. A Mains are 10 minutes, B mains are 7 minutes and lower mains are 5 minutes

NITRO BUGGY
Heats are 5 minutes. A Mains are 15 minutes, B mains are 10 minutes, C mains and lower are 5 minutes

NITRO TRUGGY
Heats are 5 minutes. A Mains are 15 minutes, B mains are 10 minutes, C mains and lower are 5 minutes

The board of directors reserve the right to adjust the program and rules to keep things fair and running smoothly.

dayglo33 05-03-2010 07:09 PM

Looks pretty good guy's. I like that you guy's gave new drivers a class where they can drive and learn and their not always having to get out of the way or getting run over. Now SCT I have nothing to do with. LOL

J.Whiting 05-03-2010 08:17 PM

glad to see rules for classes.. should make things easier for the guys racing or wanting to come and race at marcca

Matt M. 05-04-2010 11:41 AM

nice job guys....

as a former club member, i am proud of you guys for getting this done, and for bringing marcca back to the high class organization that it was a few years ago...

this track is a perfect example of what can be done with strong leadership and a strong team atmosphere...

great job...

marccaracer 05-04-2010 12:24 PM

Right now membership numbers are high and we have a good mixture of old and new faces at the club. I am very proud of what the members and volunteers have accomplished. Dedication and hard work shall prevail.

Now for the fun part....lets get ready to race.

J.Whiting 05-04-2010 08:16 PM

question to marcca board......

why is practice only on wed.?????

why does a member have to pay to practice????

reedsburg when you pay $15 for membership you get a discount on racing and you get anytime practice for free....

just wondering why $50 bucks for a membership and you still have to pay $5 bucks a week to practice??? being a member you should be able to get some perks.....

with the track not on private gounds does it matter when and what days you could go and run???

just some thoughts i have been wondering..... not trying to start any issues but just seems not right to me.... jeremy

RMKinWI 05-04-2010 09:13 PM

The membership perk is you get $5 off racing every week, Special Discount at RCP and A good feeling that you are supporting a group that provides a place for you to enjoy yourself.

I personally race at least 30 times per year, saving me a minimum of $150 per class - for 2 classes that is $300 a year savings, thats easy I'll spend $50 to Save $300.

If I did practice, which i am hoping to do a lot more of this year I see no problem with a $5 fee - you get a whole lot of fun for $5.

Charging what MARCCA does allows MARCCA to provide a quality track with power, water, FM Transmitter (new this year), PA System, Drivers Stand, Computer, Computer Scoring Software, House Transponders, Website, Rent, Insurance, Dirt, Pipe, Announcer, Paper, Ink, Donuts, etc, etc. Also indoor: Tables, Chairs, Rent, LiveRC, Jumps, Pipe, Carpet, Drivers Stand, Tape, Announcer, Etc., etc.

If you really think about it there is a lot that goes into the club for very reasonable race and practice fees.

Speaking of Paper & Ink (which we are almost out of) we need to figure out where we are going to post the heat sheets??

Why practice only on Wednesdays - I don't know either?

In my family business my Dad taught me to charge what your worth. I personally think Reedsburg is charging way to little for membership - they are worth more! (As of last weekend I am now a membership holding Reedsburg Racer in addition to MARCCA & Cheese City)

The Bandit 202 05-04-2010 09:46 PM

Thanks Matt.

The reason our meember ship is low is our over head is low. Also trying to make it affordable for everyone on a budget.

Marrca been around for a long time and I'm finally getting to meet a few of you guys and you guys are great.

We're hoping by racing on ever other Saturday we'll see a few of you guys up there. I know I got to get down by you guys this summer a few times and hit a few others too.

I did some indoor with you guys and it was a blast also.

Our club is slowly coming back after a few ruff years.

marccaracer 05-05-2010 03:02 AM

Since we do not own the land our track is on, similar to the Rockpile, the track schedule was negotiated with the owner.

gone banana 05-05-2010 03:03 AM

i have been a club member of marcca for about 10 plus years and will be a member for another 10 yr.

buggy shane 05-07-2010 03:08 PM

your place looks awesome guys! cant wait to get on that track:D jumps jumps and jumps...O ya!

marccaracer 05-07-2010 05:48 PM

Last I counted there are 21 strategically placed and sculpted piles of dirt for your jumping pleasure.

Scudman77 05-15-2010 09:10 PM

Too many SCT classes?

We'll have 3 classes for SCT... I understand how we got to 3 classes, but... In the spirit of SCT.... It really doesn't matter what motor your have, 2WD or 4WD...Stock or Mod.,....If you are a good driver....You'll win. I might be alone, but I like having lots of trucks in every race... and by reducing the number of classes, you increase the number of trucks in each. SO... I'd like to at least entertain reducing the number of classes in SCT from 3 to 2. "Sportsman" and "Open". What does everybody else think?

CnR 07-29-2012 06:24 PM

Do you guys get any 2wd 1/10 buggies ?

J.Whiting 07-29-2012 06:47 PM

[QUOTE=CnR;11031398]Do you guys get any 2wd 1/10 buggies ?[/QUOT

none at this time.. they do get short course as does clark rc park..