Community
Wiki Posts
Search

building found for this winter

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 05:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

I have a few 2x4s at the shop that I can donate. I can get them over there so they can be used this weekend if needed.

Keith.
Old 10-14-2009, 07:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GLwagon
If it is done right you can cut out the rough opening the exact size 1.5" away from an existing stud on the hinge side & fill it in from the opening & do some toe nailing add some screws & patch a couple of minor spots...
The trim covers most of the carnage.
I have a pneumatic trim gun, but no framing nailer.
A header would be needed only if it was a load bearing wall.
A top 2x4 would be slid up in to hold things together.
Depending on the bottom plate, the wall may need to be fastened to the floor in a couple more spots (done from the rough opening).
I can bring a powder actuator to shoot some nails into the concrete so the bottom of the wall doesn't shift.
I admit it, I over build..
Old 10-16-2009, 02:57 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Looks like a small work party is forming for this Sunday. Contacted Brian last night to get keys and a trailer. Check back later today for a time to meet Sunday.

Carpenter boys... bring your tools. We could use a few push brooms also to clean the floor. Strong backs and good minds are always welcome too.

The more we get done this weekend the easier next Saturday will be to setup and hopefully race in our new home.
Old 10-16-2009, 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by marccaracer
Looks like a small work party is forming for this Sunday. Contacted Brian last night to get keys and a trailer. Check back later today for a time to meet Sunday.

Carpenter boys... bring your tools. We could use a few push brooms also to clean the floor. Strong backs and good minds are always welcome too.

The more we get done this weekend the easier next Saturday will be to setup and hopefully race in our new home.

I will be there on Saturday by 10:00 AM if anyone is able to work Sat instead of Sun.
First up will be to give the floor a good sweeping and vac, we can also start on the bath door mod.
I will bring my snowmobile trailer so if there is time we could haul some stuff.
Old 10-16-2009, 11:55 AM
Regional Moderator

Hopefully some of you are available to help Brian tomorrow. Saturday must work best for him.

I plan on calling him tomorrow evening and getting back to everyone I called yesterday to see if we will need to work this Sunday or not. Of course the more we get done before next Saturday the more racing we can get in.

Plan on a full day the 24th. Moving all our stuff and setting up the track. Racing to follow if we get everything done.
Old 10-16-2009, 12:21 PM
Tech Champion

What is the scheduled work time tomorrow?
Old 10-16-2009, 12:50 PM
Regional Moderator

I believe Brian said ten in his post just above.
Old 10-16-2009, 12:55 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by marccaracer
I believe Brian said ten in his post just above.
Ah, Brian has the keys. I'll see what my wife has in mind for me, then adjust accordingly to be there.
Old 10-16-2009, 03:38 PM
Regional Moderator

Just called Walt and he will be there Saturday. Hopefully he will bring along Daryl and Jeff Barron too.
Old 10-16-2009, 07:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

i will not be up to help i got enough to do in monroe to try to make it a show place

i`m tired of having a track 10 min from home and and it alway look like a dump this is why i`m stepping to do what i can
Old 10-17-2009, 03:40 PM

Walt & Jeff got the bath door hung today, It looks like they knew what the hell they were doing.
We got most of the lights working, We may change out a few ballasts tomorrow to get the last two 8' lights working.
There will be a small amount of cleaning left tomorrow, then we can move some stuff.
Old 10-17-2009, 04:56 PM
Regional Moderator

Work starts at ten on Sunday. Many hands make light work. Please show if you can.

Thanks to all that helped today. Every bit helps a bunch.
Old 10-17-2009, 06:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

This should be another exciting indoor truck season.
RCP had 30 truck racers on there first Wednesday this week and a few of us had a great day of racing Carpet truck down in Monroe today(25 racers).
Ryan's Birthday was celebrated at the track with cake food and fun.

I am planning on helping tommorrow and my new Losi felt soo gooood today-I look forward to the next time I get to race it!

We are lucky to have a place this winter and let's keep the racing going strong.

See you at the tracks,

Bob
Old 10-18-2009, 09:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 73 (95%+)

Couldn't make it up Sunday....the wifey was out with friends and left me a large "to do" list for yard work. Looking forward to getting up Saturday and finish setting up and racingon carpet again.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:35 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by spedtke
Couldn't make it up Sunday....the wifey was out with friends and left me a large "to do" list for yard work. Looking forward to getting up Saturday and finish setting up and racingon carpet again.
The new building looked great. I got there around 12:30 and they were already trimming the door out. Miles and I will be there as soon as soccer is over Saturday. Hoping to help set up and let him race his two trucks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.