Community
Wiki Posts
Search

a MARCCA promotional idea

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2003, 08:02 PM
Tech Adept

Post a MARCCA promotional idea

I'm not totally sure on the details of this but i was thinking of MARCCA possibly being a sponser in the cottage grove parade. Me and my cousin Firefarter would gladly run our cars around in it. I think this would be a great promotion for there are ALOT of people in and around cottage grove that have R.C. cars and were going to go race at the old track in cottage grove but then we had to move so they might want to come and race. It would be REALLY great if somebody would like to drive a truck or a something with a sign on it for marcca and me and aaron could hand out maps. If this plan works we would have more racers meening more $$$ and we could a possibly afford usefull itens for the club like better carpet for the indoor track, and we could get back-up transponders and many other things. My dad is a fireman and and he helps with the parade and he said he would gladly help us set things up and help us. please think about this. If i get enough responses I'll send the idea to Hotrod.

Please e-mail including your name and your thought regarding this idea to [email protected] thank for taking the time read read this messege.

Last edited by The Buster; 08-10-2003 at 08:12 PM.
Old 08-10-2003, 09:48 PM
R/C Tech Founder

We've done parades in the past, though not for a few years. It was usually somebody driving a truck, towing a flatbed trailer, on which a few drivers stand with their radios zooming cars/trucks around the parade route. Usually a big crowd pleaser.

Definitely send a copy to Don (Hotrod) or catch him on a Sunday at the DeForest dirt track. If we can get some volunteers to put the "float" together, I'm sure we could make it happen.
Old 08-23-2003, 11:21 AM
Tech Adept

Default I got back from hotrod!

i sent this idea to hotrod and he gave it the O.K. he said als we need is permision which i can get easily. A truck with trailer hitch (and the driver of course). a picnic table which i've got. sign and banners. If people wanna chip in a coulpr buck we can get some CANDY . If anyone would mind driving there FULL scale pick-up truck in the parade contact me at [email protected] .
Old 08-27-2003, 08:53 AM
Tech Rookie

Cool parade

when is your parade ill come i have a nitro truck i also have a van but i dont have a trailer hitch yet let meknow thanghks dave
Old 08-27-2003, 09:26 AM
Tech Adept

Talking thnx sbc28

Dave do you8 ere the outdoor track is i'll be there on sunday i usually set up between the barns so come c me so i can c your van.
Old 08-27-2003, 11:15 AM
Tech Rookie

Default track

no i dont no where it is i havent ben out there yet let me know thangks dave