R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   MARCCA Discussion (https://www.rctech.net/forum/marcca-discussion-60/)
-   -   MARCCA Website (https://www.rctech.net/forum/marcca-discussion/12598-marcca-website.html)

futureal 01-28-2003 09:11 PM

MARCCA Website

The MARCCA website (http://www.marcca.com) now contains the most up-to-date points series information and event information for the club.

Check it out!

razzog 02-06-2003 03:22 PM

You might want to check the Marcca web site. I tried to pull it up and it did not work.

SteveA 02-06-2003 03:28 PM

razzog, look at this fourm http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...threadid=12947 i

futureal 02-06-2003 06:07 PM

Website is back. I moved it to aceshigh, the R/C Tech server. Everything should be running fine from here on out.

Bookmark it: http://www.marcca.com

:)

futureal 02-08-2003 12:45 AM

The Capital City Carpet Challenge entry form/flyer is now available on the website: http://www.marcca.com

gogogo 03-24-2003 08:37 PM

when do you up date the marcca website and point. the points are old

futureal 04-27-2003 10:02 PM

At long last, the MARCCA website has been updated!

I still need to add the CCCC results and some of the track photos, but they will get up there. All the other information is current.

Here we go: www.marcca.com

Enjoy!

SteveA 06-01-2003 03:56 PM

shane, the marcca site doesnt work, could it not work casue you changed to a new server?

futureal 06-01-2003 11:26 PM

Yea, there's a problem with the DNS. It should be back in a few days.

Big Daddy Boomer 06-14-2003 06:13 AM

Still problems?

Originally posted by futureal
Yea, there's a problem with the DNS. It should be back in a few days.
Is the problem more serious?:nod:

futureal 06-14-2003 10:38 PM

The site is registered with Network Solutions, which is a notoriously horrible company to deal with. I have been sending them repeated messages over the past 3 weeks trying to get them to fix the problem, and even though a week ago they finally said they would do it, it's still not done.

I could pay to transfer the domain name to a different registrar, but I am not too keen on dumping any more money into this. The club already owes me close to a thousand dollars.

Big Daddy Boomer 06-15-2003 05:59 AM

Originally posted by futureal
The site is registered with Network Solutions, which is a notoriously horrible company to deal with. I have been sending them repeated messages over the past 3 weeks trying to get them to fix the problem, and even though a week ago they finally said they would do it, it's still not done.

I could pay to transfer the domain name to a different registrar, but I am not too keen on dumping any more money into this.

Ahhh ok Shane thanks for the update. I have been telling people about the offroad track and they want to see it before they drive all that way.
Thanks again
Boomer;)

Hotrod 06-17-2003 04:24 PM

Website & Pictures

Hey Boomer, the folks looking for pictures can check out the 2003 Dirt Track thread here for pictures. They were posted on 04/30, so they're a down in the thread a little bit. Also, we'll bring some CDs of the pictures to the track this Sunday. Sorry the website isn't working. Hope to see you at the track soon!

Futureal, I'm very confused about the website and the club owing you money. Please get a hold of me and let me know what's going on.

Michelle

Big Daddy Boomer 06-19-2003 05:08 AM

Re: Website & Pictures

Originally posted by Hotrod
Hey Boomer, the folks looking for pictures can check out the 2003 Dirt Track thread here for pictures. They were posted on 04/30, so they're a down in the thread a little bit. Also, we'll bring some CDs of the pictures to the track this Sunday. Sorry the website isn't working. Hope to see you at the track soon!

Michelle

Thanks Michelle but i was looking for some of the pictures from the first official race program. We posed for a picture and there was a good turn out.

I'll just have to bring my camera next time
:nod:

Hotrod 06-20-2003 05:41 AM

HD>

the CDs Michelle speaks of include the opening day pics, bit of trailer racing, some Carpet Challenge pics, and a bunch of pics of the coolest-looking 1/8th scale i've ever seen.:D the CDs are $1, just so the club can get the cash back on the discs. i'll bring a few on sunday....

<hr

deathrowtoll 06-25-2003 09:58 AM

Racers,

Remember, this Friday June 27th, the track will be opened by Todd Schack.

Building will Open a little after 5 PM
Qualifying Begins @ 7 PM
3 Rounds + Mains (If time permits)

HPI Micro
Kyosho Mini-Z
Sportsman Sedan
Stock Sedan
Mod Sedan
Truck with foams running on-road (no jumps / brushless is allowed)

The truck racers are preparing for a possible 4 hrs / 1000 laps Enduro race !!!!!!

Deathrowtoll ......

Hotrod 06-26-2003 11:24 AM

i have a question about the website.

why has it been down so long, and when will it be back up?

if there's some problem, i'd like to know, because this is getting to be a problem, ya' know?

futureal 06-26-2003 11:05 PM

Did you read the message I posted about 5 posts back?

I could pay to transfer the domain name to a different registrar, but I am not too keen on dumping any more money into this.
I have been asking them (Network Solutions) to redirect the site to the new IP address for awhile now and they haven't done it. I am about to bite the bullet and pay for a switch, which isn't something I wanted to do to begin with -- especially since we are paid up with NSI through 2004 -- but NSI's horrible support has given me no choice.

Anyway, I do what I can for the website, including host it for free. The downside is that it's not a huge priority for me, since I have so much other stuff to do. If you guys feel that isn't a fair deal for the club, you are free to go to somebody else. Besides, nobody has sent me points or any other information at all to put up there anyway, so...

futureal 06-27-2003 11:48 AM

Originally posted by Hotrod
Shane> thanks, that's all i wanted to know.....there hasn't been alot of comunicaton around here lately. i could do w/o the attitude, though.....it was just a question.
I'm not posting with an attitude -- I just answered the question as best I could. The money comment I made earlier was just a flippant remark, I didn't mean to start something by it, and I outlined it all in email. I didn't even think twice about posting it, I simply gave the reason why I hadn't acted on the issue yet myself.

In fact, the only thing that bugs me about all of this is that I keep hearing through the grapevine how certain people, who will remain nameless here, are bitching about ME, which I don't understand.

Anyway, I will keep everybody up to date on the website when and if the idiots at NSI actually fix it for me.

futureal 06-29-2003 04:26 PM

Offensive posts from Hotrod and JCTC3 have been removed, due to complaints and profanity.

Please keep it clean here guys.

Matt M. 06-29-2003 07:43 PM

oh.....and i missed it.....darn.....

JCTC3 06-29-2003 07:54 PM

Too bad you didn't have a good moderator on this site, he would have taken down knot rods post before I read it and responded. Just for everyones information MY two posts had no profane language but were removed. It looks like you just want to keep knotrod or potrod or what ever his name is happy so he won't cry like a girly!

futureal 06-29-2003 09:35 PM

Actually, the string of posts was removed because there are kids that read these threads. And yes, Jeff's messages contained no profanity, only Hotrod's did, but they were part of the discussion, so...

Anyway, just drop it, if possible.

futureal 08-07-2003 09:21 AM

The website is finally in the process of being transferred over. I bit the bullet and paid for it myself, so hopefully marcca.com will be back online in the near future.

futureal 08-10-2003 09:50 PM

The MARCCA website (www.marcca.com) should finally be back up, albeit a little out of date. I need to get some points and stuff up there for the summer series.

Let me know if anybody is still having technical problems. The domain is now under my control and I paid for another year, so there shouldn't be any further downtime.

futureal 10-05-2003 11:31 PM

The MARCCA website has been updated with all of the latest information for the 2003-2004 Winter Season:
http://www.marcca.com

prodirt19 11-16-2003 05:19 PM

Does anyone know when the indoor points standings are going to be updated

futureal 11-16-2003 06:09 PM

I haven't heard or received any info about them...

I think the only one running right now is the truck series.

futureal 01-15-2004 12:23 AM

The MARCCA website is once again up to date!

The first winter points series results are posted.

The information for sedan and truck racing has been changed to include brushless and Mini-T classes.

A link was added to the Nitro Farm's website, per request (since many Madison racers go there occasionally as well).

Here we are:
http://www.marcca.com

Enjoy!

Mind_Blower 01-15-2004 12:46 AM

Thanks Shane!:)

Erik

prodirt19 03-09-2004 07:24 PM

shane, you should put the 2004 carpet challenge on the website

futureal 03-09-2004 07:33 PM

Yea, it's going up there, I just got all the information from Todd. I will post here as soon as the form is up.

The entry deadine is April 1st if you want a T-shirt.

FIRE RIDER 03-12-2004 12:24 PM

Carpet Challenge

FYI Shane. Just letting you know that Cousins Subs ( www.cousinssubs.com ) will be putting up 2 FREE Combo meals to the A-Main winners in EACH class. just thought i would let you know so you can put it on the marcca site.

futureal 03-21-2004 07:52 PM

Thanks, I will get the sponsors up soon after there is a full list.

The website was updated a while ago with some new information and the CCCC entry forms. The entry form is the same one available at the track as far as I know.

I'd like to get an entry list up but I don't know who (if anybody) has signed up yet.

GordonFreeman 03-30-2004 04:42 AM

I signed up for

1. Open Level 4 truck
2. Micro cars
3. Drift class (if enough)
4. if not enough for Drift, Open Sedan, but now I've got that 4300 and maybe I'd like to run Stock Rubber.

When do I have to make up my mind?

futureal 03-30-2004 09:19 AM

Supposedly April 1st is the deadline to sign up to get shirts, but very few have signed up, and the class counts have not been checked to see if some of the classes will officially be offered.

There is a board meeting two Saturdays from now, I think that's where a lot of it will be discussed.

17driver 04-20-2004 11:47 PM

Futureal do you still run their website,after all they put you through?

futureal 04-21-2004 11:15 AM

Yup, I still run it... for the time being, anyway.

17driver 04-21-2004 02:38 PM

At least you can be thi bigger man!Did you get my pm?

futureal 06-05-2004 03:04 PM

Website has been updated! All the information for the two current tracks is there, and I've moved the old points results off into the archive.

Here we are:
http://www.marcca.com/index.shtml

You can also find the 2004 Capital City Carpet Challenge results here:
http://www.marcca.com/events/carpetchallenge-2004.shtml

I still have some photos of the three tracks to post at some point.