Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RC sailing

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2016, 07:26 AM
Tech Rookie

Default RC sailing

Anyone interested in resurrecting radio control sailing here in Manila? I have just arrived from Australia and have 4 trimarans that I can ship here if there is interest - happy to let other people sail them. But we would need a decent stretch of water and a rescue boat as they can capsize. But they are great fun to sail.

If anyone is interested in starting a monohull fleet easily the best value is either the Dragonforce 65 (65cm long) or the new Dragon Flite 95 (95cm long). Both are ready to sail and very good value, and are strict one-design.

Happy to chat with anyone interested. Meanwhile I am going to buy an electric boat and join in the fun at Ninoy Aquino Parks on sundays

Regards
Ian
Attached Thumbnails RC sailing-shinobi-c.jpg   RC sailing-too-fast.jpg   RC sailing-nightmare-upwind.jpg   RC sailing-slide2.jpg  
Old 08-03-2016, 07:36 AM
Tech Rookie

Default New sailing class for Manila?

If anyone is interested, there are two classes of sailing boats that could work in Manila to kick off a fleet again. Both are $200 ready to sail

One is the DragonForce65 and the other is the HydroPro Affinity RG65. Bith fit inside the RG65 class rules. I have attached some photos here

These could race at the lake in the Nino Aquino wildlife park
Attached Thumbnails RC sailing-89508_1_high-6-.jpg   RC sailing-89508_5_high-6-.jpg   RC sailing-89508_12_high-6-.jpg   RC sailing-images-2-.jpg   RC sailing-images-1-.jpg  

Old 08-03-2016, 07:38 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Sailing in Manila

A few more photos
Attached Thumbnails RC sailing-images-4-.jpg   RC sailing-images-5-.jpg   RC sailing-images.jpg   RC sailing-jw-8805-v4-rtr-10b.jpg   RC sailing-thumb-df65-7.jpg  

Old 11-22-2016, 06:35 PM
rad
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

interesting.... where can you sail these things in makati? are there any shops that sell them here? thanks for any info...
Old 11-22-2017, 02:20 AM
Tech Rookie

my cousin has huge interest in it . I will surely recommend him