Search

Cebu RC Car Racing Club

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2004, 11:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default how to charge batts...

mga pre...

unsa-on pag charge ug GP 3300 nimh batts??? nag assemble man gud ko is ka 6 cell batt pack para sa ako txt-1. di man ko sure how to charge the batteries. ngayo unta ko tabang ninyo oi. nag lisod ko. also, mas maayo pa pas-pas ang discharge rate sa batts or mas maayo ang hinay??? also, what's the maximun charging rate for this kind of batts??? and one last question, pila ka milivolts ang i bilin after mag discharge and pila ang i charge when is tambay lang ang batts??? thanks...
Old 07-23-2004, 01:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default PRO4 Boyzzzz....check this out

this was posted by Jason of BMI on the Elect. forum
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BMI Pro 4 Chassis Giveaway!!!

Hey guys. I have sold many chassis since i first started in november and i cant thank you guys enough for all of your support. I have decided to give back to the community by raffling off one of my chassis kits a few times a year. All you need to do is PM me and let me know that its for the Pro 4 giveaway and i will put you in the running. I will announce the winner on july 30th.
this is my way of saying thanks to everyone.next raffle will be for another style kit for a different car.(probably Xray and following that a TC3)

OK,heres what you get.3mm chassis and upper deck,3mm front and rear matching shock towers.it is your choice of black or titanium colors.

Thanks again guys,i couldnt have done it without you

Jason
BMI Racing

Good luck if you decide to pm him.......who knows
Old 07-23-2004, 03:39 AM
Tech Elite

glide1,

bai asa naman ka wala naman ka pakita sa session sa badminton. andam na para sa lumba?
Old 07-23-2004, 03:40 AM
Tech Elite

tsolokoy,

bai i hav ur hrs rec. i'll giv it to you dis saturday. or ganahan ka na a ko am na rec. nindot ni kai wala ka pareho.
Old 07-23-2004, 05:18 AM
Tech Elite

jedi,

kumusta nato propose nimo nga 23t sa aug.1 dayon ba?
ang uban na boys padagan sila?
Old 07-23-2004, 06:17 AM
Tech Elite

posted from another forum

The Following is for racers only, and we advice the following to be done with a High end Peak charger. Please see our recomended charger list.

Do not charge GP 3300 Cells with a cheap low end charger. A cheap/low quality Charger, can lead to Over heating of the cell and can result in injury.

Charge:

We have been using a linear 6 amp charge rate with very good results. For maximum performance try to get your pack peak just before your race. If it has been sitting for awhile repeak with the same setup as the initial charge. If it's been sitting for 15 minutes or more
repeak it with a .01( 10 mv ) peak detect.

Peak detect ( voltage threshold ):
-We use a .05 ( 50 mv ) for 6 cell packs.
-We use a .03 ( 30mv ) for 4 cell packs.

Discharge & Storage:

After the race discharge the pack down to .90 volts per cell. This equals to 5.40 ( 6 cell ) or 3.60 ( 4 cell ). Let the pack rest until the next time you plan on using them. Don't put them on a tray.

Cycling:

We are under the conclusion that cycling these cells brings no benefit other then determining if your pack has fallen off.

New charging updates for GP 3300’s

SMC is really growing at a rapid pace and we will continue to keep the best quality possible. We will not sacrifice quality even though we are producing higher amounts of cells.I have been testing many methods of setting up my matchers in the past 6 months or so. Here is the latest care info that we have been using on the newer high voltage GP's. 1: After a run discharge the pack down to 3.6 (4 cell) and 5.4 (6 cell) let it rest until the next time you plan on using it.

Before you go to charge it put the pack on a pure resistor (no diodes) use a tray such as the Integy Indi Octane 2, for 2-3 minutes and then charge it.

This will improve the runtime by a few seconds and keep the voltage and AIR in good shape.

2: For those who aren't concerned about capacity you can use the following method

After a run discharge the pack down to 3.6 (4 cell) and 5.4 (6 cell) and then place it on the resistor only tray for 5 minutes or so then short the pack and store it shorted until the next time you plan on using it.

If you run your pack a second time in one day you should put it on the resistor only tray for 45 - 60 minutes and then let it rest until you are ready to use it again

This method will drop the runtime by 20-25 seconds but will increase the average voltage and may reduce the AIR.
Old 07-23-2004, 06:29 AM
Tech Elite

read from another forum

And there upon the holy track he received the Ten Commandments of RC Racing, by which all his children should abide, lest they be cast into the eternal lake of fire forever and ever, Amen:

1. Thou shalt turneth on thine transmitter before thou turneth on thine receiver, and thou shalt turneth off thine receiver before though turneth off thine transmitter, lest thine ride loseth control and draweth the wrath of all thine neighbors;

2. Thou shalt verify that none of thine neighbors on the track have the same channel as thou before thou turneth on thine transmitter, and thou shalt cry out thee number of thine channel before thou turneth on thine transmitter, lest thou suffer thee wrath of all thine neighbors and be dragged unto the center of the holy track and stoned;

3. Thou shalt returneth all of thine neighbor's tools, crystals, and other things that thou borroweth from thine neighbor's pit box;

4. Thou shalt neither covet nor show disrespect to thine neighbors ride, and shalt display good sportsmanship and cry out "good race" even if thou whippeth his a$$ royally;

5. Thou shalt not hacketh upon thine neighbor's bumper neither going into or coming out of a corner in such a manner as to causeth him to spin out and wreck, and if thou doth hacketh upon thine neighbor's bumper, thou shalt pull aside to allow thine neighbor to regain race position lest all of the neighbors in thine villiage place the unholy label of HACK uponst thine ride;

6. Thou shalt checketh thine pinion gear, servo, batteries, engine, and all screws before thou layeth thine ride upon thee holy track, lest thine ride loseth control and ploweth unto the unholy pipe, or hacketh upon thine neighbors' rides and draweth the wrath of all thine neighbors;

7. Thou shalt keep thine diff balls tight and well lubricated, that thine neighbors shalt check it's action and cry out SWEeeeEEET!

8. Thou shalt give thine ride appropriate maintenance and cleaneth it often, and apply unto it every hop-up thou can afford, that it may be totally awesome and dwell in The Holy Hall in the hereafter;

9. Thou shalt not useth thine ride in an unsafe manner, or to chase thine neighbor's cat, or thine neighbor's dog, or thine sister, or thine brother, or any of the animals of the earth, as thine ride is the holy vessel with which thee may participate in the holy ritual of RC racing and should be used only for racing or backyard bashing to keep it holy, Amen;

10. Thou shalt not whineth or maketh excuses as to why thou loseth the holy race.
Old 07-23-2004, 06:40 AM
Tech Elite

Default charging gp3300 cells

rice: thanks sa tip bai...=)

Originally posted by rice
posted from another forum

The Following is for racers only, and we advice the following to be done with a High end Peak charger. Please see our recomended charger list.

Do not charge GP 3300 Cells with a cheap low end charger. A cheap/low quality Charger, can lead to Over heating of the cell and can result in injury.

Charge:

We have been using a linear 6 amp charge rate with very good results. For maximum performance try to get your pack peak just before your race. If it has been sitting for awhile repeak with the same setup as the initial charge. If it's been sitting for 15 minutes or more
repeak it with a .01( 10 mv ) peak detect.

Peak detect ( voltage threshold ):
-We use a .05 ( 50 mv ) for 6 cell packs.
-We use a .03 ( 30mv ) for 4 cell packs.

Discharge & Storage:

After the race discharge the pack down to .90 volts per cell. This equals to 5.40 ( 6 cell ) or 3.60 ( 4 cell ). Let the pack rest until the next time you plan on using them. Don't put them on a tray.

Cycling:

We are under the conclusion that cycling these cells brings no benefit other then determining if your pack has fallen off.

New charging updates for GP 3300’s

SMC is really growing at a rapid pace and we will continue to keep the best quality possible. We will not sacrifice quality even though we are producing higher amounts of cells.I have been testing many methods of setting up my matchers in the past 6 months or so. Here is the latest care info that we have been using on the newer high voltage GP's. 1: After a run discharge the pack down to 3.6 (4 cell) and 5.4 (6 cell) let it rest until the next time you plan on using it.

Before you go to charge it put the pack on a pure resistor (no diodes) use a tray such as the Integy Indi Octane 2, for 2-3 minutes and then charge it.

This will improve the runtime by a few seconds and keep the voltage and AIR in good shape.

2: For those who aren't concerned about capacity you can use the following method

After a run discharge the pack down to 3.6 (4 cell) and 5.4 (6 cell) and then place it on the resistor only tray for 5 minutes or so then short the pack and store it shorted until the next time you plan on using it.

If you run your pack a second time in one day you should put it on the resistor only tray for 45 - 60 minutes and then let it rest until you are ready to use it again

This method will drop the runtime by 20-25 seconds but will increase the average voltage and may reduce the AIR.
Old 07-23-2004, 07:05 AM
Tech Adept

Post 23t on Aug. 1

Originally posted by rice
jedi,

kumusta nato propose nimo nga 23t sa aug.1 dayon ba?
ang uban na boys padagan sila?

Jedi,

count me in for 23t on aug 1 race.

how's your new motormount heatsink? solved na?

Glide1,

Pre, wa lagi ka duwa pag thurs? Beezy?

Last edited by tsolokoy; 07-23-2004 at 08:18 AM.
Old 07-23-2004, 09:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

rice and tsolokoy, apil ko tuesday next week badminton. busy ko pag thurs.

mga bai's mod ra apil nako Aug.1 ...sakto ra batts nako for 1 class

rice, Amen sa 10 commandments

tsolokoy, baligya na kuno nimo imo tc3? kuha nalang bnew pro4 para way libog pre gi pm na nimo si jason sa bmi? basig diay

nella, thanks sa body.. bc na sad marion ani

Last edited by glide 1; 07-23-2004 at 10:30 AM.
Old 07-23-2004, 04:50 PM
Tech Elite

glide1,

na a na design para sa new body? bai na a sched sa metro dis tuesday kita lang t did2.

jedi,

ayaw pag butang motor mount kai dili na lighten imo pro4.

txt lang ko sa mga boys kung ganahan ba sila na a race 23t sa aug.1.
Old 07-23-2004, 04:59 PM
Tech Regular

Rice and Tsolokoy,

Ang ako pang gi sulbad nga problema is my glitching. Otherwise, wa pa ko kahilabot sa akong Pro4. Unya na nang mga uban basta wala nay glitch. So far, I suspect guba na akong transmitter batts but I guess we will see next tuesday when I run again.
Old 07-24-2004, 09:41 PM
Tech Elite

glide1,

unsa ayo bai? di ka padagan karon?

jedi,

ok na pro4 nimo?
Old 07-25-2004, 04:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

rice,
Will only run EP Mod same with Galen. Let's have the EP 23T night race na lang on Aug 6. Have heard Justine will likewise run EP Mod. Then, let's have EP mod race na lang on Aug 1.
Old 07-25-2004, 07:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thumbs up

PADAGAN TA JUL27

Mga Boys,
Am running EP Mod this coming Martes. Who else are running?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.