Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Manila Racers
Electric Touring / On-Road RC >

Electric Touring / On-Road RC

Like Tree1Likes

Electric Touring / On-Road RC

Old 06-26-2006, 05:42 PM
Tech Master

MOTO - Balitaan mo kami, ha.

RBBOY - Ayyy salamat!!! Kung sigurado ka sir for this Sat, RDX din ang isasayad ko. Itaguyod natin ang bandila ni Coring!!! Kung hindi naman, babalik ako ng N.E.G. Punta ka na maaga sir so we can sort out your car. My setup now is essentially box stock. Tried softer sway bars at the suggestion of ROBO. Suggest you start with the box setup, let's then adjust come Saturday.
Old 06-26-2006, 06:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by shredder
Hi newbie here. Am about to get a kit and I was wondering if you can give me advice. I am choosing between an AE TC4 team kit (tub chassis) and an HPI Pro4. Baka pwede nyo naman ako tulungan mag decide. Thanks in advance.
In the hands of a capable driver (and tuner) both kits will give you pretty much the same result.

Look into the parts availability (and price range) of the both kits. I haven't had the chance to look into HPI, but AE's is ok with PITSHOP/FORTRESS.

Cheers,

Last edited by joelt; 06-26-2006 at 06:28 PM.
Old 06-26-2006, 07:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Looks like things are heating up here coz of this weekned's big race!!! Wooohooo!

rbboy: good to hear! if you are gonna put together a body, go with the stratus 3.0 all purpose. gives good overall steering without the rear end coming loose. i also suggest softer sway bars and maybe even springs coz the layout is fast and sweeping so you'll have to carry a lot of speed especially in the long fast corner entering the first part of the infield. a stiff car will only push in that corner. but jt is right, start with box setting then adjust from there. suggestion ko lang yung going softer. btw, looks like i wont have funds to get a new motor. as much i want to, i have to make do with what i have. di bale, fight pa rin ....

tochi: congrats on your 7 turn! ... good luck! hehehe easy lang sa gigil! kahit ako di pa ako nag 7 turn sa buong buhay ko. hahaha

jt: maganda yan! mod na lahat! para international nga ang dating! hehehe ....

madda: good to hear! sa wakas lalaro ka rin! just run your car box stock bro and be sure to get sorex 36s and you should be fine!

Exciting!!!..... we have another return of the comeback racer this sat! hahaha ... still trying to convince raj to also join us and finally run the tc4 he purchased from me. kaso ayaw pa daw mag mod tc, di pa daw niya kaya. convince mo naman pare!

Last edited by ROBORAT; 06-26-2006 at 07:20 PM.
Old 06-26-2006, 08:35 PM
Tech Elite

JT: I guess it's indoor on-road season. The rains are picking up, medyo hassle magpalipad. See you Sat chief. Manginginig na naman kamay ko nito sa tagal kong hindi nag-mod. Easy lang sa lampaso sakin ah.

ROBO: Got it. Anong oras ka nasa track? Hindi ko pa natatakbo ng matino tong kotse ko eh. Sige, timbrehan ko si Raj. Malamang sa stock tatakbo yun.

Old 06-26-2006, 08:51 PM
Tech Champion

madda: mga 10-11 pa sigro ako dun pare ko. puyat ako for sure on friday night kasi piapanuod ko yung world cup games kasama ng tropa ko sa football. medjo 6am na ako nakaka-uwi pag weekend kasi the games are until 5am. hehehe ... first love ko football eh tsaka parang olympics ang world cup so every 4 years lang naman 'to. but i'll be at the race ... medjo puyat at amats pero i'll be there! hehehe ....
Old 06-26-2006, 09:08 PM
Tech Elite

Robo: Ayuz! World Cup season nga pala. Agahan ko na lang sa track para makatakbo kahit konti.

Old 06-26-2006, 09:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ROBORAT
...and be sure to get sorex 36s and you should be fine!
hellow roborat ok ba ang medium B inserts sa sorex 36? last time kasi na tumakbo ako, dumudulas kotse (box stock cgm) sa 32s with firm inserts. kaso, baka dahil din masyado malapot shock oil (50wt i think) havent tried sorex 36s yet. do i still need paragon? application to both front and rear or 50% front, 100% rear? also, buong araw ba na makapit 36? salamat
Old 06-26-2006, 11:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Robo: Sure can make it saturday. Most of the guys will run too. See ya!

Marvi/Madda/rest of the guys: See you saturday!!
Old 06-27-2006, 12:44 AM
Tech Champion

marvi: if its for JP and you plan to use sorex inserts, i would go with type C instead. also try speedmind mediums na racing profile. it will give more air gap which will also give you more traction. and yes, better if you use traction compound if you want optimal traction. personally i cover both front and rear tires 100% coz i like tons of steering. as for tire compound, go with 36s. they will work fine all day. 32s will heat up in mod but should be fine for stock.

madda: ayos! sige, para masubukan mo yung track. at ma-set up mo auto. you will love it for sure coz its like no other! hope i can go early too especially if they change the layout so i can try it out.

geetoo: good to hear. ok na yan sina madda, covered na yan to go. yung fort boys nalang ang hatakin mo. see you!
Old 06-27-2006, 01:04 AM
Tech Master

MADDA - Kitakits sir sa Sat!!! Wag mag-alala sir sa paglampaso at hindi ko sa iyo magagawa yan . . . . . si ROBO ang dapat nating hingan na abiso pagdating dyan!!!

GEETOO - Good to see sir that you guys will be joining us this Sat again. . . . Balita ko, wave mo daw yung kit of choice (ni PITSHOP ) kapag ikaw daw ang nanalo???

RBBOY - Di ba ganun din ang mangyayari kung sakaling ikaw ang nanalo, since shop owner ka rin??? Seriously, kitakits sir. Don't forget my bilin - - - just in case. payt payt payt!!!

Last edited by joelt; 06-27-2006 at 01:30 AM.
Old 06-27-2006, 01:06 AM
Tech Elite

Geetoo: It's been a while chief. See you Sat.

JT: Partida, may hangover pa raw si Robo sa Sat. Hehehe.

ROBO: Orayt. Dala ko ng pampainit.

Old 06-27-2006, 01:19 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by k617nu-b
what would you suggest do i have to do with those 3800s? can it be revived to at least produce a more decent punch? and what batts would u suggest do i have to buy the next time? yung tipong break even in terms of price and performance, im using the ABC peak charger, can charge up to 5 amps, may discharger function din...and about those batts, kaya siguro binenta na mas mura sa 3700s kasi matagal na sa shelf...ako naman bili agad kasi mura...anyway, i have to learn some more...its just great to have somebody answer your questions. i really appreciate al your replies...
Alang problema kapatid.

You can try cycling your 3800s in the hope that they do get better. Honestly though, medyo ganya na talaga yan. Enjoy the pack na lang for the runtime it gives you, vis-a-vis the punch you're looking for.

Some may recommend cycling. Personally, however, I haven't experienced any benefits from this process when it came to the IB 3800s and 4200s. Feeling ko, parang binawasan ko lang yung useful life nila.

A pricier alternative could be to use pulse discharge function of the Much More CTX-D. Although I haven't tried this function on a pack that lacks punch from the start yet, I can say that it did help in retaining the punch on packs that I've had for about 6 months already. . . . And I compete practically every weekend.

For your next purchase, I suggest that you get your packs from hobby shops that regularly ship them in. For matched packs, my favorite suppliers are PITSHOP (PROMATCH/NOVAK) and XRCHOBBIES (DC MOTORSPORTS). For loose cells, I only get mine from PITSHOP.

If you have time, dalaw ka kapatid sa JP Raceway this coming Sat. It's going to be a big one with quite a few of our more notable local EP touring car racers trying to see how they will fair against the renowned Scott Ernst of Trackside.
Old 06-27-2006, 01:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

JT: Ayos! Kung discounted yun reg fee ko okay lang. Btw, I owe you a motor pa pala give it to you saturday.

Rbboy: Musta na? Good to hear buo ka ulit ng kit. See you bro!
Old 06-27-2006, 01:32 AM
Tech Champion

Geetoo: sige, ganito nalang, para mas nakakatuwa, ok lang samin na hindi mo i-wave pag nanalo ka ng kit. kaso pag nanalo ka ng kit, you have to use it at all the big races 'til the end of the year..... hahahaha .... joke joke joke!

madda: wag ka mag alala bro kasi tama ka .... sa lakas ng amats ko, malamang ako talaga ang lalampasuhin diyan. di bale, may inihaw naman na lunch e so food trip nalang ako dun. hehehe
Old 06-27-2006, 01:37 AM
Tech Master

ROBO - Magandang idea yan, ha!!! . . . . . Made me remember what we were planning to do with Scotty (and his ride) after I lent him my 9 single motor last Sat!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.