Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Manila Racers
Electric Touring / On-Road RC >

Electric Touring / On-Road RC

Like Tree1Likes

Electric Touring / On-Road RC

Old 06-22-2006, 12:44 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by joelt
LEM2/HAWKE/TAGA - Salamat sa pagbati sir ninyo sirs!!!

TAGA - Papalitan na namin ang mga BAY na iniwan mo dito . . . . CISCO na, na benta pa rin ng dating mong amo na Iranian!!!!
Uy galing ah! pa buy back nyo kay hasan ung mga lumang Bay router nyo para pambawas bayad E di pede na ako mag apply nyan sa inyo kahit assistant to the assistant of Mr JT lang hehehehe
Old 06-22-2006, 01:19 AM
Tech Master

TAGA - Akina ang resume mo. Kung ano man ang sweldo mo dyan papantayan ko.

Halimbawa: Kung AUD 8,000 na ang tinatanggap mo dyan, PHP 8,000 naman sya pagpasok mo dito.

Seriously, lahat papalitan pati mga switch.
Old 06-22-2006, 05:32 AM
Tech Regular

8000 per day? pede!!

ganda yan ser,,,tiba na naman cguro trends nyan...dapat kuha kau in-house tech hanggang nd stable ung network..payag dyan c hasan kahit 2 taon may naka inhouse sa inyo ng libre hehehe
Old 06-22-2006, 07:57 PM
Tech Regular

Default F201

Good AM guys, newby question here....what motor would you experienced guys recommend that should replace my stock 540 motor for the F201, is a 19t or 17t good enough, i run on a medium grip concrete track, BL-Racer ESC, Ni-MH 3800 stick pack..are the LRP motors a good choice, how about flat-out or alex racing design?...any suggestions would be much appreciated...budget ko would be about 1,000-1,500 pesos...
Thanks...K6
Old 06-22-2006, 08:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by k617nu-b
Good AM guys, newby question here....what motor would you experienced guys recommend that should replace my stock 540 motor for the F201, is a 19t or 17t good enough, i run on a medium grip concrete track, BL-Racer ESC, Ni-MH 3800 stick pack..are the LRP motors a good choice, how about flat-out or alex racing design?...any suggestions would be much appreciated...budget ko would be about 1,000-1,500 pesos...
Thanks...K6
For a newbie i think a 27T or 23T motor will be fine for u. A 19T motor gives more power ang torque compared to 27 & 23 and much better because it has bearings instead of bushings, but too fast and kinda jumping high from a mabuchi motor. IMHO.

Last edited by curious mind; 06-27-2006 at 09:35 AM.
Old 06-22-2006, 08:29 PM
Tech Master

K617 - You may run a little short with your budget, except for Tamiya cans. This is unless you plan to get a second hand motor, which I do not recommend for newbies, (getting a brand new 540 would be better).

If you can make it to the 2k range, try going for the CO27 Trinity Stock Motors of PITSHOP. Easy to maintain, and you don't have to worry too much about gearing.
Old 06-22-2006, 10:30 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by curious mind
For a newbie i think a 27T or 23T motor will be fine for u. A 19T motor gives more power ang torque compared to 27 & 23 and much better because it has bearings instead of bushings, but too fast and kinda jumping high from a mabuchi motor. IMHO.
actually, ive been into nitro for a year using high end kits and motors so i find the mabuchi a bit slow so i would like to upgrade and see if it handles well enough for the speed that i crave...but sadly i think, the BL ESC only handles up to 19t so i might get 1 tonight after a leave the office...but there is 1 thing i noticed about the batts i used, i have this tamiya sport pack Ni-CD (gray color) rated at 1400 mAH and an eagle racing intellect Ni-MH (red color) rated at 3800 mAH...the higher capacity i suppose would give the best punch but it turned out that the tamiya which is rated lower is the one that gives out the higher punch, i mean it turns the motor faster the the 3800 mAH...i dont know why...is there an explanation for this phenomenon? LOL...thanks.
Old 06-22-2006, 10:38 PM
Tech Regular

K617 - You may run a little short with your budget, except for Tamiya cans. This is unless you plan to get a second hand motor, which I do not recommend for newbies, (getting a brand new 540 would be better).

If you can make it to the 2k range, try going for the CO27 Trinity Stock Motors of PITSHOP. Easy to maintain, and you don't have to worry too much about gearing.
Thanks bro, actually im gonna be getting my stuff here in yokohama...the shop is just near my place so ill be passing by and probably get a 19t....im gonna check the trinity brand but i doubt ill find it coz shops here carry mostly japanese stuff like kawada, alex racing, etc..anyway, i see modded motors here with tags of about 4000+ yen and 3000+, roughly about 2,000 pesos so i might raise my budget...thanks again for the info bro...ill keep it in mind....and for sure, ill be asking more questions in the future....cheers..
Old 06-23-2006, 12:26 AM
Tech Master

actually, ive been into nitro for a year using high end kits and motors so i find the mabuchi a bit slow so i would like to upgrade and see if it handles well enough for the speed that i crave...but sadly i think, the BL ESC only handles up to 19t so i might get 1 tonight after a leave the office...but there is 1 thing i noticed about the batts i used, i have this tamiya sport pack Ni-CD (gray color) rated at 1400 mAH and an eagle racing intellect Ni-MH (red color) rated at 3800 mAH...the higher capacity i suppose would give the best punch but it turned out that the tamiya which is rated lower is the one that gives out the higher punch, i mean it turns the motor faster the the 3800 mAH...i dont know why...is there an explanation for this phenomenon? LOL...thanks.
Higher capacity cells give longer runtime. Punch, on the otherhand, is dependent on internal resistance (and voltage). You probably experienced better punch with your 1400s because these were nicd's.

Nicd batteries generally have lower IRs that nimh packs. Nimh batteries, in turn, have higher capacity but have higher IRs also with the earlier versions.

What could have aggravated your observation further on the 3800s were the following:
- The 3800s you got were of the older type (or version). These do have higher IRs than the newer 3800s, or even 3600s and 4200s.
- The 3800s you got reached zero volts. This could have been the result of its being on the shelf for a long period of time. Nimhs don't like going below .9 volts per cell or 5.4 volts for the entire pack. It just makes them run 'flat', as we would describe it. Personally, I purchase (or budget for the purchase) of my packs to happen on the day that my preferred LHS receives its shipment. . . . To guarantee 'freshness'.
Old 06-23-2006, 12:31 AM
Tech Master

Thanks bro, actually im gonna be getting my stuff here in yokohama...the shop is just near my place so ill be passing by and probably get a 19t....im gonna check the trinity brand but i doubt ill find it coz shops here carry mostly japanese stuff like kawada, alex racing, etc..anyway, i see modded motors here with tags of about 4000+ yen and 3000+, roughly about 2,000 pesos so i might raise my budget...thanks again for the info bro...ill keep it in mind....and for sure, ill be asking more questions in the future....cheers..
Alang problema bro. Kawada and Alex Racing are good brands for after market hopups. Haven't tried them in the motor department though. Besides Trinity, try to check also if your LHS has motors from Reedy, Fantom, or DC Motorsports as well.
Old 06-23-2006, 12:57 AM
Tech Regular

Alang problema bro. Kawada and Alex Racing are good brands for after market hopups. Haven't tried them in the motor department though. Besides Trinity, try to check also if your LHS has motors from Reedy, Fantom, or DC Motorsports as well.
Got it all listed here bro, better to have them in a sheet of paper coz i might forget those names later when im already inside the shop and seeing all those nice stuff for my cars, i just cant stop admiring them and later on ending up buying something which i find out i dont need anyway...whew...have to operate on a tight budget now, hehehe, about the batts bro, what would you suggest do i have to do with those 3800s? can it be revived to at least produce a more decent punch? and what batts would u suggest do i have to buy the next time? yung tipong break even in terms of price and performance, im using the ABC peak charger, can charge up to 5 amps, may discharger function din...and about those batts, kaya siguro binenta na mas mura sa 3700s kasi matagal na sa shelf...ako naman bili agad kasi mura...anyway, i have to learn some more...its just great to have somebody answer your questions. i really appreciate al your replies...
Old 06-23-2006, 02:07 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default comparing batteries

mga sir, how does these batteries compare with sub-c's (ib3800)
ib1200 2/3a and gp2200 4/5sc? i want to know if there's a big difference with the current draw.
also does anyone know whats the phone no. at battery clinic in farmers? (tama ba ako)
thanks!!!
Old 06-23-2006, 02:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

which do you prefer to use and why?

Stratus 3.0?
Mazda 6?
Accord?
Old 06-23-2006, 04:37 AM
Tech Regular

k617nu-b, just notice you're from Binan? san ka dun?
Old 06-23-2006, 04:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

bradir stratus 3 commonly use sa competition
tagalaguna----praktis lng ng praktis ndi na kelangan bumili

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.