Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Manila Racers
Electric Touring / On-Road RC >

Electric Touring / On-Road RC

Like Tree1Likes

Electric Touring / On-Road RC

Old 05-29-2006, 01:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

i always race wherever its most fun. kung san pinaka-kwela mga tao, dun ako. so if that race series will be fun as well, then you can count me in.

for the awards (if you really wanna have that), take out voiting that includes best brands or anything of the sort. some might take the results of those things to heart .... i've been in this hobby a long while and believe me, some people just chatter about the dumbest and most trivial things .... really, you never know! even best people/racers you may want to reconsider unless they will be wacky awards! like stealthiest racer (ronald), or best lip biter (chito), best hara hairdoo (tutoy), fastest to get sick of his current ride (me), etc

personally, since its all about racing and having fun, maybe you should keep it that simple ... have a race and throw in some beer! .... coz beer = fun! HAHAHA
Old 05-29-2006, 01:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ROBORAT
voodoo: laro ka pa sir! practice makes perfect as they say. wag mo isipin na nakakahiya maki race kasi baguhan ka. ganun talaga sa umpisa. we all started out that way. so hope to see you regularly at the track.

hehehehehe! walang hiya po ako. tanong niyo si rough. hehehehehe!
takot lang ako baka makasira ako ng kit ng iba. hehehehehehe!
Old 05-29-2006, 01:27 AM
Tech Addict

Reedy 2006

1 Marc Rheinard /Germany
2 Atsushi Hara /Japan
3 Josh Numan /USA
4 Hubert Hönigl /Austria
5 Craig Drescher /Great Britain
6 Andrew Moore /Great Britain
7 Teemu Leino /Finland
8 Paul Lemieux /USA
9 Rick Hohwart /USA
10 Mike Blackstock /USA
11 Surikarn Chaidajsuriya /Thailand
13 Billy Easton /USA
15 Ralph Burch /USA
17 Barry Baker /USA
18 Paul Wynn /USA

Panalo na naman si idol. 2nd ang look a like ko. Interested to see that new AE belt car of Barry.
Old 05-29-2006, 01:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Hi!!

PurplePro3--Thanks!!!

Anyways, first picture!!! looks like i'm having fun!!
second picture, while looking, i was thinking, how much did she pay to have those!! uniform!!!! dumi ng isip ninyo!!!!

have a great week ahead!!!
Attached Thumbnails Electric Touring / On-Road RC-hehe.jpg   Electric Touring / On-Road RC-hehe2.jpg  
Old 05-29-2006, 02:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Here's more on that Reedy Race Article ..... (from rczone)

In what was to become a long and close weekend with battles for wins between the former and the reigning World Champion while some great racing was up at this years Reedy Race of Champions at Tamiya USA's track in Aliso Viejo /California. A selected number of drivers were invited to battle it all out in the prestiguous invitational class, but it was all between Marc Rheinard and Atsushi Hara with Marc taking home the title. Although Associated had their new belt driven prototype in action with Baker, Levanen and Drescher the team wasn't yet up to full speed with the competition, the new car however seemed to have lot's of potential, looking good.

After 7 rounds Marc Rheinard and Atsushi Hara were equal on first place wins and were more or less the only ones being able to take the title. With Marc having scored a series of 1/1/1/1/1/2/2 and Hara a series of 1/1/1/6/1/1/3 it was to be decided in the last round, very late in the afternoon - actually evening, and in a "neck to neck race".

If one was to take home a win ahead of the other in this race he would take the title. This wasn't to be the case as Barry Baker with his Associated prototype wanted it different and took home the win ahead of Austria's Hubert Hönigl while Atsushi Hara took third and Ralph Burch fourth, Niles Koenekoop, Marc Rheinard and Brian Kinwald in sixth position. On lap 13 Marc had to retire, but he'd already done what was required. With Hara finishing in third, just one position short, and with Marc one result better than Hara after having thrown away their 2 worst runs, Marc Rheinard proved that he's certainly up to pace here just one month prior to the World Championships in Collegno Italy, perhaps we'll be fortunate enough to see a rematch between these two world class drivers, looking forward to that.

-----

indeed the new AE belt car shows a lot of promise considering this is their very first race with it and the parts are mostly one of parts of delrin and alum. ..... sign me up for one of those! note the AE boys were using brushless systems which also was being acid tested at such a big race like reedy. drescher had problems in some heats with his Novak BL - even stalling in one heat. interesting how fast the Reedy/LRP system was in bakers car. Hard to believe that it will have the same power as those 6 turn brushed motors the other were running. very curious if they were able to make thier BLs run at pace with the brushed motors.

the worlds should be exciting. for sure hara and marc will be the guys to beat again. what is interesting is how the rest of the field will be preparing until then. wonder what new stuff the other teams (yokomo, losi, xray, hb, etc) will be testing and if the AE car will have big improvments in terms of development by then. clearly though marc and hara have the most driver talent but who knows, maybe someone will surprise us this year. exciting!
Old 05-29-2006, 03:01 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lem2
PurplePro3--Thanks!!!

second picture, while looking, i was thinking, how much did she pay to have those!! uniform!!!! dumi ng isip ninyo!!!!

lem: san yan? seems like you're enjoying. sigurado ka bang hindi talaga nagbabasa ng thread si wifey?
Old 05-29-2006, 03:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default Reedy Race Report

Attached is a PDF file advertising the race results (Tamiya advertisement), along with detailed race result forms
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
ReedyInviteFinalResults.pdf (18.8 KB, 159 views)
Open Spec class.pdf (29.3 KB, 139 views)
Modified Class.pdf (29.6 KB, 110 views)
reedy_report 2.pdf (182.2 KB, 160 views)
Old 05-29-2006, 03:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default Reedy Race

Reedy Race - JPEG images of the Awards Ceremony
Attached Thumbnails Electric Touring / On-Road RC-imgp1034.jpg   Electric Touring / On-Road RC-imgp1048.jpg   Electric Touring / On-Road RC-imgp1052.jpg  
Old 05-29-2006, 04:38 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by joelt
Sounds good. But, could it be held on a Saturdays instead?
Actually, Saturdays are better but some people who races at other tracks won't be available on Saturdays because of work. We'll have to ask them. If it allows, then Saturdays it is.

Originally Posted by rough512
maganda!!!

What motors ang gagamitin? 27T, 23T, 19T or race what you bring
Ifmar-femca rules to be applied. 23T for stock and open for mod. We still have to discuss this.

i always race wherever its most fun. kung san pinaka-kwela mga tao, dun ako. so if that race series will be fun as well, then you can count me in.

for the awards (if you really wanna have that), take out voiting that includes best brands or anything of the sort. some might take the results of those things to heart .... i've been in this hobby a long while and believe me, some people just chatter about the dumbest and most trivial things .... really, you never know! even best people/racers you may want to reconsider unless they will be wacky awards! like stealthiest racer (ronald), or best lip biter (chito), best hara hairdoo (tutoy), fastest to get sick of his current ride (me), etc

personally, since its all about racing and having fun, maybe you should keep it that simple ... have a race and throw in some beer! .... coz beer = fun! HAHAHA
As for the voting, it would be discussed be the organizers. Hopefully, everybody will be sport enough to vote honestly and rightfully. Wacky awards...? Ok din yan. Para mas masaya!

Of course beer will be served. Food and drinks will be served too. The track and hobby shop representative of the leg race will host for food and drinks.

Anyway, if there are people here who wants to get involved in organizing, just PM me. Let's do this.

Old 05-29-2006, 09:22 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by paulc
chito/tutoy: beng beng ulit.
Okay pre see you on thursday sana medyo mapa aga para maliwanag pa

Joelt: Hindi tutoo bumili kami ng bats. and motor binibiro lang kita
Old 05-29-2006, 12:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (98%+)

REMINDER!!!

2006 TOURING SHOOTOUT
IS THIS SATURDAY
11:00 AT JP RACEWAY
LAYOUT TO BE DETERMINED

ROAR STOCK 27TURN ONLY
THE DEFINITIVE RACE FOR SUMMER 2006!!

BE THE SEMI-ANNUAL SHOOTOUT CHAMPION!!!
ON ITS 3rd EVER EVENT on ITS 3rd TRACK

2002 SHOOTOUT
PEARL PLAZA

1 ---------- YOKOMO
2 ---------- LOSI
3 ---------- YOKOMO

2004 SHOOTOUT
CAPITOL SPEEDWAY

1 ---------- XRAY
2 ---------- YOKOMO
3 ---------- YOKOMO

2006 SHOOTOUT
JP RACEWAY

1 ---------- ???
2 ---------- ???
3 ---------- ???

THE FIRST PERSON TO ACCURATELY ANSWER
ALL THE BLANKS GETS A MATCHED PACK FOR FREE!!!!

suffice to say you must be a race participant also
in the 2006 event
Old 05-29-2006, 06:28 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tochidet
Joelt: Hindi tutoo bumili kami ng bats. and motor binibiro lang kita
Sabi mo eh. . . Basta ako, ang masasabi ko lang ay may history ka na sa mga ganyang bagay. Ex. MP5, 'stolen moments', gearing, gulong, etc.
Old 05-29-2006, 06:34 PM
Tech Master

for the awards (if you really wanna have that), take out voiting that includes best brands or anything of the sort. some might take the results of those things to heart .... i've been in this hobby a long while and believe me, some people just chatter about the dumbest and most trivial things .... really, you never know!
I agree. There is no value added in this. AND its disregard during races held by PITSHOP, XRCHOBBIES, and ACTION IS the probably the reason why the turnout is always favorable. Same goes for the camaraderie.
Old 05-29-2006, 06:40 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by lem2
PurplePro3--Thanks!!!

KAPATID!!! Wearing a ring (first photo) in that new country of yours gives the opposite effect compared to where you came from. . . . . It challenges them to see just how faithful you are!!!
Old 05-29-2006, 08:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by joelt
Btw, best way to remove a rounded hex screw to cut a slot across the head with a dremel, big enough to use a flat head screw driver. . . . Dito ka na lang sinagot yung tanong mo dun sa RC Tips.

update ko lang! success!!!! was able to remove the friggin rounded hex screw last night. not without some trouble though. my dremel's grinder bit was too wide at the edges and tended to flaten too wide a space for a screw driver. solution was to use a hacksaw and a flathead screwdriver!

not i need to get some replacement screws...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.