Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Manila Racers
Electric Touring / On-Road RC >

Electric Touring / On-Road RC

Like Tree1Likes

Electric Touring / On-Road RC

Old 05-27-2006, 09:32 AM
  #11116  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (7)
 
ROBORAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: JP Raceway
Posts: 5,360
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

it was fun racing at JP today. sarap talaga ng track na yun.

jt: salamat sa motor sponsorship mo kapatid. hopefully i can get it up to speed in time for next week's shootout. buti nalang nakapaglaro tayo sa JP today. big improvement na T2 ko in terms of set-up. batts nalang problema ko. lakas mag fade sa mod, nag drop pa yung isa sa 3rd heat. sana ok pa mga batts ko pang stock. im sure i wont dro pero parang mahina na punch eh. o well, its all for fun anyway. torn pa ako kung tc4 or t2 gagamting ko.

fbj: nice to race with you again. sana mas madalas na kayo maglaro ulit.
ROBORAT is offline  
Old 05-27-2006, 10:15 AM
  #11117  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (18)
 
VooDooPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Philippines
Posts: 3,715
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

nice meeting the guys at jp today. now alam ko na marami pang akong kakainin na bigas!!!


salamat din sa guys who handed some old stuff for a newbie. really appreciate it.
VooDooPH is offline  
Old 05-28-2006, 07:37 PM
  #11118  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (4)
 
paulc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: APAC
Posts: 3,639
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

chito/tutoy: beng beng ulit.
paulc is offline  
Old 05-28-2006, 07:44 PM
  #11119  
Tech Master
 
joelt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Capitol Speedway
Posts: 1,918
Default

Originally Posted by ROBORAT
it was fun racing at JP today. sarap talaga ng track na yun.

jt: salamat sa motor sponsorship mo kapatid. hopefully i can get it up to speed in time for next week's shootout. buti nalang nakapaglaro tayo sa JP today. big improvement na T2 ko in terms of set-up. batts nalang problema ko. lakas mag fade sa mod, nag drop pa yung isa sa 3rd heat. sana ok pa mga batts ko pang stock. im sure i wont dro pero parang mahina na punch eh. o well, its all for fun anyway. torn pa ako kung tc4 or t2 gagamting ko.

fbj: nice to race with you again. sana mas madalas na kayo maglaro ulit.
Alang problema sir. Hehehe in a way, I'll be gaining something too . . . . I'll be having a 'better-tuned' Monster after raceday!!!
joelt is offline  
Old 05-28-2006, 07:50 PM
  #11120  
Tech Master
 
joelt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Capitol Speedway
Posts: 1,918
Default

Originally Posted by VooDooPH
nice meeting the guys at jp today. now alam ko na marami pang akong kakainin na bigas!!!


salamat din sa guys who handed some old stuff for a newbie. really appreciate it.
Dalasan mo ang dalaw o practice mo sa racetrack kapatid, para makasalo mo kami sa pagkain mo. . . . . Ulam na lang ang magiging problema namin.

Seriously, good choice on getting a LCG. If you have some handling issues, always start with the tires you're using. This is still the one component which has the biggest impact. Wrong choice of tires (inserts, and rims) equals a bad handling car.

Btw, best way to remove a rounded hex screw to cut a slot across the head with a dremel, big enough to use a flat head screw driver. . . . Dito ka na lang sinagot yung tanong mo dun sa RC Tips.
joelt is offline  
Old 05-28-2006, 07:54 PM
  #11121  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (18)
 
VooDooPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Philippines
Posts: 3,715
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

VooDoo's kill list...

Day 2, May 27 @ JP
- 100t 64p spur gear (ubos)
- 1 x H-pin -- samat rough para sa replacement. hehehehehe
- front rear suspension mount
- 1 x titanium screw (thank JoelT for the replacement. )



practice pa...
VooDooPH is offline  
Old 05-28-2006, 08:25 PM
  #11122  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (18)
 
VooDooPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Philippines
Posts: 3,715
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by joelt
Dalasan mo ang dalaw o practice mo sa racetrack kapatid, para makasalo mo kami sa pagkain mo. . . . . Ulam na lang ang magiging problema namin.

Seriously, good choice on getting a LCG. If you have some handling issues, always start with the tires you're using. This is still the one component which has the biggest impact. Wrong choice of tires (inserts, and rims) equals a bad handling car.

Btw, best way to remove a rounded hex screw to cut a slot across the head with a dremel, big enough to use a flat head screw driver. . . . Dito ka na lang sinagot yung tanong mo dun sa RC Tips.

thanks for the tip.
VooDooPH is offline  
Old 05-28-2006, 10:26 PM
  #11123  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (7)
 
ROBORAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: JP Raceway
Posts: 5,360
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

jt: sana nga ma-tono ko ng husto yung motor. hehehe .... i am banking on the motor giving me the power i will need to be up to speed with the rest of you kasi kung aasa lang ako sa mga batterya ko, patay na ako sigurado! hehehe ... sugak na talaga as evidenced by my run last sat in mod. pero oks lang. masaya tong stock shoot out. and at least lahat naka stock!

voodoo: laro ka pa sir! practice makes perfect as they say. wag mo isipin na nakakahiya maki race kasi baguhan ka. ganun talaga sa umpisa. we all started out that way. so hope to see you regularly at the track.
ROBORAT is offline  
Old 05-28-2006, 10:27 PM
  #11124  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (4)
 
HAWKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Web Administrator
Posts: 475
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

voodoo dude: may xtra batts pako, un lang kc ung nadala last sat eh. dalaw dalaw ka lang my dude!
HAWKE is offline  
Old 05-28-2006, 10:29 PM
  #11125  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (18)
 
VooDooPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Philippines
Posts: 3,715
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by HAWKE
voodoo dude: may xtra batts pako, un lang kc ung nadala last sat eh. dalaw dalaw ka lang my dude!
hawke! thanks ha! really appreciate all the help!

dami ko nang batts! yey!



charger na lang kailangan ko!
VooDooPH is offline  
Old 05-28-2006, 10:43 PM
  #11126  
Tech Master
 
joelt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Capitol Speedway
Posts: 1,918
Default

Originally Posted by ROBORAT
jt: sana nga ma-tono ko ng husto yung motor. hehehe .... i am banking on the motor giving me the power i will need to be up to speed with the rest of you kasi kung aasa lang ako sa mga batterya ko, patay na ako sigurado! hehehe ... sugak na talaga as evidenced by my run last sat in mod. pero oks lang. masaya tong stock shoot out. and at least lahat naka stock!

voodoo: laro ka pa sir! practice makes perfect as they say. wag mo isipin na nakakahiya maki race kasi baguhan ka. ganun talaga sa umpisa. we all started out that way. so hope to see you regularly at the track.
Hehe speaking of batts, asa PITSHOP ata si TUTS at si TOCHI nga para bumili ng tag-limang matched packs for this weekend's shootout. You should feel flattered, kasi isa ka perceived threat nila. . . The same reason for their buying so many packs now!!!

Kaya pa naman siguro yang batts mo sir. As long as the punch is still there, oks na yun. In case you're thinking of getting new packs naman, maganda ang IB4200s either by Promatch or DC.

In my case, am happy na with what I have and will wait na siguro for the arrival of the IB4200 SHV's.
joelt is offline  
Old 05-29-2006, 12:05 AM
  #11127  
Tech Master
 
Nicadrauspro4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Automobili Lamborghini S.p.A., Italy
Posts: 1,134
Default

Mga sirs!

We are planning to do a very big and friendly EP race. This event is open to all who wants to join. We are actually thinking of getting everybody together and make more friends with all the RC hobbyists. Our community is very small so it's better if we all get along well. Tama na ang tirahan at awayan. Especially to the shop & track owners. Dapat mag kakabati kayo para sama-sama din ang customers nyo.

Anyway, here's the idea. Just post what ever comments that you might have. As long as contructive.

1. 4 leg race. To be held on 4 consecutive sundays. Kick off will be at either JP Raceway or Speedzone.

2. All hobby shop participants should be allowed to bring and sell parts that they carry on the track.
Example: If the first leg is held at speedzone; Pitshop, Lil's and Extreme will bring parts to sell to the drivers who needs it especially in case of accidents of their cars. They also should be allowed to bring one or two banners/streamers representing their shop. Same situation at JP and other tracks. Dapat none exclusive para lahat ng drivers, confident in getting parts when something breaks from their cars.

3. All hobby shop owners must consign the parts that they bring to the on-site hobby shop. Ex: Action hobbies, Pitshop and Extreme will consign their parts that they are selling to Lil's when the leg is at PS1. Same rules should be applied to JP, Capitolyo and Speedzone.

4. Hobby shop owners should meet and talk about consignment of the products they carry. A certain percentage will be added to the products para di naman lugi yung mga on-site shops. It's a win-win situation for all the shops.

5. Tracks included on these races are: JP Raceway, Speedzone, PS1 and Capitolyo. One track designated to one hobby shop. Ulit, para walang lugi.

Speedzone - Action Hobbies
PS1 - Lil's
JP Raceway - Extreme
Capitolyo - Pitshop

If we do this, then everybody is going to be happy. Dapat magkasundo ang lahat para sama-sama tayo sa karera.

Aside from the races, we are also going to add other features to the events.

There will also be a "Mini-Motorshow" of RC cars. Categories are:
Best body paint design
Best car set up with hop-ups
Best EP touring car of the year (Philippines)
Driver of the year
Best motor of the year (Stock & Mod)
and many more...

Plus! We will have Lady DJs spinning the best House music on the first and final leg of the races. Pitstop model/usheret girls will also be there to assist everyone (walang maniakan ha!).


There will also be best displays competition

So... what do you guys think?

Nicadrauspro4 is offline  
Old 05-29-2006, 12:21 AM
  #11128  
Tech Master
 
joelt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Capitol Speedway
Posts: 1,918
Default

Sounds good. But, could it be held on a Saturdays instead?
joelt is offline  
Old 05-29-2006, 12:23 AM
  #11129  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (12)
 
rough512's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 3,455
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

maganda!!!

What motors ang gagamitin? 27T, 23T, 19T or race what you bring
rough512 is offline  
Old 05-29-2006, 12:41 AM
  #11130  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (7)
 
ROBORAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: JP Raceway
Posts: 5,360
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by joelt
Hehe speaking of batts, asa PITSHOP ata si TUTS at si TOCHI nga para bumili ng tag-limang matched packs for this weekend's shootout. You should feel flattered, kasi isa ka perceived threat nila. . . The same reason for their buying so many packs now!!!

Kaya pa naman siguro yang batts mo sir. As long as the punch is still there, oks na yun. In case you're thinking of getting new packs naman, maganda ang IB4200s either by Promatch or DC.

In my case, am happy na with what I have and will wait na siguro for the arrival of the IB4200 SHV's.
jt: actually they just put more pressure on themselves .... isipin mo naman, meron na silang bagong matched packs at mga motor! pag di sila nanalo, mas masarap silang alaskahin! at least ako kahit matalo (which is likely), di ako gumastos. hehehe ... at kung mas mataas naman ang position ko sa final standings kaysa sa kanila (which i'll be surprised if so), nakakiya naman sila! hahahaha ..... hehehe ayus ba? pang dagdag pressure lang sa kanila tong post ko!

but on a serious note, as mentioned, thats exactly what my batts dont have. walang problema sa run time. kahit nag drop sa mod yun, for sure naman matatapos ako sa stock. punch at fade ang problema ko kapatid. di bale, fight pa rin to!
ROBORAT is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.