Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Manila Racers
Electric Touring / On-Road RC >

Electric Touring / On-Road RC

Like Tree1Likes

Electric Touring / On-Road RC

Old 03-30-2006, 01:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

RC_nube: i guess its pretty obvious what i will suggest based on the last few posts ... hehehe but seriously, go with an x-ray t2, yokomo bd, coraly rdx or even a tamiya 415msx and youll be fine. what youll have to consider nalang would be budget and parts support ....
Old 03-30-2006, 02:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default intellect 4200 battery

hello to fellow RC fans just want to ask your opinion if anyone has used the 4200 intellect metal hydride battery packs, if so what are your views thanks in advance guys
Old 03-30-2006, 04:06 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by porsche boy
hello to fellow RC fans just want to ask your opinion if anyone has used the 4200 intellect metal hydride battery packs, if so what are your views thanks in advance guys
I have used the IB4800 matched packs. Yes they are good for extended runs. The punch is fairly noticeable but in all honesty, not worth the money unless you're just running in the park. ROAR/IFMAR doesn't sanction these cells in their races. If your messing around in the park, go ahead. If you are racing, leave them at the hobby store and stick with the 3800's.
Originally Posted by ROBORAT
On-Road: couldn't agree with you more! those "issues" that some people say about the car is just way too overblown ..... tweak? every car tweaks after a huge crash! but tweak is a relatvely easy thing to fix anyway. toe in? practically all my previous rides did not have exact toe-in from left to right so whats the big deal right? at least this car you have the option to easily fix it .... i say to them, shim it and and be over with it! besides, im sure hardly anyone can feel the difference anyway ....
To tell you the truth, I did feel the difference in toe. I ran it that way just to see if it would matter. I guess running on carpet made the problem more pronounced since traction is exponentially higher. a .5mm shim later and all was fixed. What I experienced was a tendency to oversteer when making ONLY a right turn. All settings were set to factory specs on my setup station. Tweak was balanced on my tweak station. Tires were all even at 56mm. Shocks all had 3/4 rebound and set to 3 holes even. Droop and ride height all set accordingly. I didn't hit anything prior to the run. traction was high and compound was meticulously applied, wiped and evened out on the burnout strips supplied by the track. Oversteer was very obvious at all throttle modulations and speeds. Amazing how a slight difference will amplify poor handeling. It was enough to shock me!

I gave a T2 to my brother (second production batch) and he had no alignment problems. I guess they fixed the problem. Either that or it's a hit or miss situation.
Originally Posted by RC_nube_to_pro
Im new to rctech so hey!
moving back to electric from petrol, going to race,ive done my reaserch got all my info just wondering which 1/10 touring car 2 get.Open to suggestions!
It all depends on what type of surface you will be racing on (if racing at all). I have experience with the Associated FT TC4, HPI Pro4, Xray T1FK04, 05 and T2. Out of the ones that I have personally used, the T1FK05 and T2 are my favorites but if I had to choose, the T2 is the winner.

I have seen the Taniya 415 and personally, the T2 took alot of cues from its design. I can't comment on the driveability since I don't have any track time from it.

The Corally RDX is a beautiful car. It rolls very easily. By far, it has the smoothest driveline I have ever seen. Based on a lot of drivers ... the RDX should be used outdoors by most. I have seen a lot of them break on indoor carpet tracks with barely even a hit. Parts are very brittle but if you are an incredibly smooth driver that barely hits the boards like Jeff Cuffs (watched him race last week at Horsham raceway) then go for it! Outdoors, the lanes are larger and boards are not bolted into the floor. This means less breakage.

What everything will come down to is personal preference, parts availability and how many coins are in your piggy bank. Just remember that it doesn't stop with the kit and electronics. You also have to think about the supporting equipment. (Soldering iron, equalizing tray, charger, power supply, batteries, discharger, tire truer if you are running carpet, commlathe, motor dyno).
Old 03-30-2006, 04:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lem2
Pati ako na kokonvince na!!!!
sabi ko sayo sir bagay sayo yung T2!!! Kuha na!!!
Old 03-30-2006, 07:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (89%+)

Originally Posted by Tutoy
tomi - nice racing w u. see you 3rd leg
always nice to race with you pare. hard but fair yung dicing natin. see you 3rd round pare... hehehehehe
Old 03-30-2006, 10:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

PITSHOP: Just in case, if the weather is not good later this afternoon, and does not cooperate on saturday, can we race at JP? As an alternate venue, para tuloy ang ligaya!
Old 03-30-2006, 05:24 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by lem2
PITSHOP: Just in case, if the weather is not good later this afternoon, and does not cooperate on saturday, can we race at JP? As an alternate venue, para tuloy ang ligaya!
Oo nga sir, will it be possible to make the necessary coordination with MR. JP already? Looks like it's going to be like this until tomorrow.

BARUG - Bagay na bagay sir ang panahon sa dadalin mong adobo!!!
Old 03-30-2006, 05:46 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by porsche boy
Have had the chance to try 4200s matched by DC and ProMatch. Voltage and IRs are the same way as 3800s. Runtime is the only thing that varies (besides weight and size maybe).

If you reside in Manila, plan to purchase Matched Packs and race in Mod - buy these. Prices are about the same as matched 3800s and they're allowed by PITSHOP and XRCHOBBIES, (not sure with AHOBBIES).

If you plan to buy loose cells though, go for the latest generation IB3600s instead. PITSHOP BOSS sells them for almost half the price of a matched pack, despite practically having the same voltage and IR as 3800s and 4200s. Capacity goes up to 4000 mah using a Cell Master, so you can even use it for Mod Racing.
Old 03-30-2006, 05:50 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by FBJ's RDX
Ok naman yung 1st heat ko but the following heats were just purely frustrating. I was able to hold my lead for a few seconds then boom, its gone coz binangga ka na tapos di ka lang man aantayin. What's weird pa is that literal na araro gagawin sayo, hindi ka pa lumiliko, spin out ka na, funny but when you think about it, it's not coz apat lang kaming kumakarera. I don't think they learn that from racing outside the Philippines. Happened to me for 2 consecutive heats. I just had to laugh, I guess ganun talaga, hehehehe
Ayaw mo yun, you're perceived as a threat . . . . giving the need to take you out from the onset.
Old 03-30-2006, 05:55 PM
Tech Master

... dapat may comission ako sa xray e .... hehehe ma-email ko nga sila! teka, pati pala ang losi .... hahaha as if!
Text mo na lang si CHAMBS, baka cellphone pa ang i-komisyon nya sa iyo pag nagkataon.

CHAMBS - Pag ginawa mo ito, pati ako tatalikod na sa mga labs ko!!!!
Old 03-30-2006, 05:59 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by OnRoad-Racer
Here are the pics of my T2. The CTS-VR body was what I used at the last trophy race (3/26/06).
What are your comments on using the CTS body?
Old 03-30-2006, 06:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Uy si JT, bumabawi sa posts

Wrong timing yung whether, sana sa sunday na lang sya kumulimlim heeheh.
Old 03-30-2006, 06:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

on-road: agree that likely the feeling is more pronounced on carpet given the high grip conditions but we havent raced in carpet here in years and outdoor asphalt racing is what its been all about here locally over the past few years. i miss carpet racing ..... i have evened out the rear toe in my ride though. i wanted to reduce my rear toe to 2.5mm to help my car rotate the way i want it to in some corners at our local track so i said since i was doing that, may as well go ahead and even it out. the difference though in my t2 is about 1.75mm so its not as pronounced as some others may have it in their cars. as with you, i find the car to be very sturdy compared to others out there. i got mine a week after the car was officially released and i have been fortunate so far to not have broken a single thing. (knock on wood). more than anything though, it just simply drives beautifully! and at the end of the day, i guess thats what really matters.

jt: parang nagkaka wency syndrome ka na ata a .... puro quote and reply ka a! hahaha see you tomorrow at the track! im feeling lucky with the raffle!
Old 03-30-2006, 06:24 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rough512
Uy si JT, bumabawi sa posts

Wrong timing yung whether, sana sa sunday na lang sya kumulimlim heeheh.
Oo nga eh. Ngayon lang kasi natapos yung mga presentation ng mga naglalabanan sa PABX at IVR ng kabila eh.

Unang mong timesheet, pino-process na. Lalabas daw ng April 15th. Asan na yung susunod mo? . . . . . Btw, April 7th ang start ng bago sa OSD. Na interview ko na sya. Ang masasabi ko lang ay type sya ni Eve at threatened ang trono ni Faye sa lugar natin
Old 03-30-2006, 06:27 PM
Tech Master

jt: parang nagkaka wency syndrome ka na ata a .... puro quote and reply ka a! hahaha see you tomorrow at the track! im feeling lucky with the raffle!
Na sabik eh!!!

Kapag hindi naman ako nag-quote, baka mawala yung line of thought dahil sa kalumaan ng iba kong mga reply. . . . . excuzes excuzes!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.