Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Manila Racers
Electric Touring / On-Road RC >

Electric Touring / On-Road RC

Like Tree1Likes

Electric Touring / On-Road RC

Old 03-29-2006, 03:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

movingparts: i dont have any experience with the JR XR3 but the Mars is still a very good radio. it has all the necessary functions plus it is light and compact. of cors the newer radio have faster response times and other advancements but then again if you are on a tight budget, the mars will serve it purpose well. I was using that radio up til late last year when i decided to finally upgrade to a newer radio when the m11 was released. but i had that radio since '97 and it worked just fine up to the day i switched.
Old 03-29-2006, 05:37 AM
Tech Adept

tomi - nice racing w u. see you 3rd leg
Old 03-29-2006, 06:30 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

thanks roborat!
Old 03-29-2006, 05:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by movingparts
Sorry sa questions ko...gulong gulo na kasi ako...

Ano po ba ang mas ok na mga FM TX's
-KO Propo EX-1 Mars

or

-JR xr3?
I say go for the EX-1 Mars. It's older but I think it easily beats the xr3. I had experience using both radio.

The mars has 10 model memory over the jr's 3. It's way more compact and the it's sized for the delicate asian hand . The checkered pistol grip feels better than the squarish grip of the JR. You get wider throttle play with the KO which gives you finer throttle control, I found it harder to do mid-throttles with the JR.

It's also possible to upgrade the mars to the spektrum, or change the whole frequency band by replacing the TX module (mahal nga lang). This is not possible with the JR

The Mars has longer antenna, (sobrang haba di pwedeng i-extend ng todo sa capitol at sumasabit sa tubo sa bubong).
Old 03-29-2006, 06:25 PM
Tech Elite

ROBO:

Old 03-29-2006, 07:07 PM
Tech Champion

bomberman: true! i guess because its quite easy to convince people about the car simply because its a superb car and you have it all in one package. plus it looks pretty to boot! parang nga akong endorser ng xray e although the car can sell itself..... last time people went crazy over aparticular car locally was during the losi xxxs days. ang dami din nag join in sa losi band wagon to a point that i think at one time almost 70% of the cars in the open class races were losi xxxs'. buong bakal boys group halos nabuyo ... including paulc who is an anti losi boy! HAHAHA! pati si hiwayman and fbj switched over from their tc3s and were instantly happy with the xxxs. i guess the T2 is one of those cars .... try it! guaranteed you'll be happy with it!

... dapat may comission ako sa xray e .... hehehe ma-email ko nga sila! teka, pati pala ang losi .... hahaha as if!
Old 03-29-2006, 07:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Tagal ng Sabado!!!!
Old 03-29-2006, 07:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ROBORAT
bomberman: true! i guess because its quite easy to convince people about the car simply because its a superb car and you have it all in one package. plus it looks pretty to boot! parang nga akong endorser ng xray e although the car can sell itself..... last time people went crazy over aparticular car locally was during the losi xxxs days. ang dami din nag join in sa losi band wagon to a point that i think at one time almost 70% of the cars in the open class races were losi xxxs'. buong bakal boys group halos nabuyo ... including paulc who is an anti losi boy! HAHAHA! pati si hiwayman and fbj switched over from their tc3s and were instantly happy with the xxxs. i guess the T2 is one of those cars .... try it! guaranteed you'll be happy with it!

... dapat may comission ako sa xray e .... hehehe ma-email ko nga sila! teka, pati pala ang losi .... hahaha as if!
Pati ako na kokonvince na!!!!
Old 03-29-2006, 07:14 PM
Tech Champion

lem: na-convince na rin ba kita? game! t2 na pare! pag dating mo pa sa socal you'll get a lot of help at the pits for sure! i'll let you try my car on saturday if you want. im telling you, dehins ka magsisi .... sure bol yan!
Old 03-29-2006, 08:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ROBORAT
lem: na-convince na rin ba kita? game! t2 na pare! pag dating mo pa sa socal you'll get a lot of help at the pits for sure! i'll let you try my car on saturday if you want. im telling you, dehins ka magsisi .... sure bol yan!
Sure, I'll take your offer but you'll have to reverse the steering!!
Old 03-29-2006, 08:55 PM
Tech Regular

Mukhang ang Ganda ng TEAM XRAY T2 ha!!!!
Old 03-29-2006, 09:53 PM
Tech Champion

lem: surely. dali lang naman gawin yun e .... hope the weather cooprates though! i will join the race this weekend. pero malamang sa mains na ako coz i will only go to the track after 5pm. para lang maka ticket.

itim: baka mag stock din ako. so kung di ako mag quali, malamang sa b-main ako. hehehe ....
Old 03-29-2006, 10:01 PM
Tech Adept

I've been racing my Xray T2 for a few weeks now and have been having a really good time with it. I had one of the first batches of this car and yes, I had the rear toe alignment problem that many were complaining about. All said and done, all it took was a .5mm shim to get it where it needed to be.

Many are complaining about "Chassis Tweak" when crashing. Honestly, any car will tweak when crashed hard into a board that's bolted into the floor. The T2 is no different. Simple "untweaking" is supposed to be done after every qualifiyer when racing. It should also be done after a day of jsut messing around. CRC came up with "the pickle" which eliminates tweaking (to a point) by incorporating a thicker upper deck with counter sunk holes.

The adjustable "flex chassis "(2.5mm) eliminates the need to carry a carpet chassis and seperate outdoor chassis. Use all the screws and it's quite rigid. Take a few out according to instructions and it can be adjusted to mid or soft. Soft would be used for outdoor tracks. BMI has a 3mm dedicated carpet chassis for this car but has yet to go into distribution.

After a few weeks of racing with this car, the only parts I have broken are the steering knuckles. It was all driver error at high speeds and clipping a board while trying to cut a corner too tight. Over all, I am impressed with this car. In it's stock form it's great. With a bit of messing around and adjustment to it's setup, it's a dream to drive. I'm sure any other Xray owner (offroad or electric) will have the same experience with a car that is setup with even a car that isn't "on point." Very forgiving and very user friendly ... especially the T2. Working on it is very easy and fast, especially when compared to the T1FK05 (last years model).

Yes, it came very fast. The new model took many by surprise but to tell you the truth, it was needed to take care of the short commings of the T1FK05. But ... in defense of the T1FK05, it is still a good car. Just a bit tedious to work on around the bulkheads.

What I have changed on mine is switched out the stock shocks for Serpent 960 shocks. More efficient and will not ventilate the shock oil. Also quite easy to build. No leaking bladders and o-rings. I am quite impressed with this. The only thing is, for the T1FK05, you need to use two (2) rear serpent 960 sets all around. For the T2, you use two (2) front sets. Reason is because of the shock shaft lengths. The T2 and T1FK05 use different length shafts. Other than this, I have changed to 64pitched gears (more adjustability for roll out); shock absorbing bumper; motor guard. Springs are track specific. Want more informationon setup? .... NO! j/k ask and I'll be happy to help. I can give you my setup but you still have to drive it to win, correct?

Here are the pics of my T2. The CTS-VR body was what I used at the last trophy race (3/26/06). The newly painted body is a Mazda 6 (both protoform bodies). Didn't fair too well. Couldn't get away from the hacks and broke in the main. The motor is the new Trinity CO27 (cobalts), far from stock form. It has been tuned and tinkered with. Remember that line from Days of Thunder ... "There's nothing stock about a stock car ..." The same holds true for stock and 19T electric motors.

Click the thumbnails for full size pics.

Old 03-30-2006, 12:53 AM
Tech Champion

bomberman: hahaha! one thing you'll like about it is that it is so stable and very very predicatable. as ive mentioned before, it really makes you feel as though you are in full control of the car.

On-Road: couldn't agree with you more! those "issues" that some people say about the car is just way too overblown ..... tweak? every car tweaks after a huge crash! but tweak is a relatvely easy thing to fix anyway. toe in? practically all my previous rides did not have exact toe-in from left to right so whats the big deal right? at least this car you have the option to easily fix it .... i say to them, shim it and and be over with it! besides, im sure hardly anyone can feel the difference anyway ....
Old 03-30-2006, 01:17 AM
Tech Rookie

Im new to rctech so hey!
moving back to electric from petrol, going to race,ive done my reaserch got all my info just wondering which 1/10 touring car 2 get.Open to suggestions!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.