Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Manila Racers
Electric Touring / On-Road RC >

Electric Touring / On-Road RC

Like Tree1Likes

Electric Touring / On-Road RC

Old 02-15-2006, 06:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

itim: baduy! sayang naman yang NOG-NOG mo! i guess ill have to watch the stock boys lap you again this weekend! hahahaha ... loko lang. ayusin mo kasi yang auto at mga motor mo no! para naman tumino mga finish mo sa karrera!
Old 02-15-2006, 06:39 PM
Tech Master

ROBO - Question: What was your impression nga pala of the T2, out of the box? . . . . Compared to the BD or Mi2?

FBJ/HMAN/ROBO - If I were to use 6 degree caster blocks (compared to 2), what would be the result?
Old 02-15-2006, 07:19 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by KillWency
A 2nd hand pro 4 is less than 10k I believe.
You are partly correct Sir FBJ's RDX. The driver makes a car fast and its no wonder Sir Leeroy and Sir Joseph are the best not even in their home track. But you rarely see experienced drivers run a beginners kit in a race. Do you run a beginners kit when you race?
I've seen Hara run in Singapore and he's not only a fast driver but he's also a well equipped driver. Better battery management and motor tuning makes him faster than anyone in the track. But again I doubt that he'll be using a beginner kit to run against thoroughbreds. Its just not logical. The driver is not the only factor.

The majority of cars in Singapore are HPI and Yokomo, there's less casualty for HPI than Yokomo kits. HPI are just more durable. They're equally fast though.
What do you consider a beginner's kit? I can use my XXXS-G+ anytime and get good lap times with it anyday I am not a beginner but I can use an entry level kit if I want to, I don't see any problem with that, no shame at all to do so. A TAO5 kit is considered as an intermediate level kit. Not entry level. There are hop ups for it made my Xenon Racing to make it handle similar to the 415. For Tamiya users, ofcourse they will think that the TL01, TT01 and all the 01s out there are all entry level kits but if you talk to other non-tamiya users, an entry level kit can be a TC4 Team RTR Kit, XXX-S RTRKit, the Yokomo CGM Drift Kit.....Go to pitshop to know what I mean. The kits that I just mentioned can be competitive once your skill level improves. No need to spend too much to make the kits competitive, and again, they are considered entry level or beginner's kit. I hope this makes up of the part where I am wrong What do you run? Where do you race? Please join us this Sunday in Capitol, it's going to be fun
Old 02-15-2006, 07:20 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by joelt
ROBO - Question: What was your impression nga pala of the T2, out of the box? . . . . Compared to the BD or Mi2?

FBJ/HMAN/ROBO - If I were to use 6 degree caster blocks (compared to 2), what would be the result?
6 Deg Caster= More Turn In, agressive entry but less exit steering. a 4* would be better for the RDX
Old 02-15-2006, 07:53 PM
Tech Champion

jt: here are my impressions - the T2 seems to be a very planted car, very SMOOTH and STABLE and seems to flow through corners like butter. it does not seem to scrub much in the corners (i noticed tire ware is very low compared to other kits ive run recently) .... its planted but not too planted - if that makes any sense. ..... remember i ran the kit in mod (box stock) the first time 3 weeks ago and ran faster times than i have with my most recent cars (FTTC4 and BD) despite me feeling that it pushed a bit on-power. and hitting 24 laps was easier with this car. i think the other strength of the T2 is that it really gives you the feeling that you are fully in control of it - very predictable! no sudden breaks in traction or things of the sort (if the rear end breaks free, its usually coz i had wrong throttle or steering inputs when negotiating a corner.

but then comparing cars on how they perform out of the box i feel is somtimes not a good judge of its true potential since these cars, when undergoing development, are tested at their home tracks or at test facilitites. if during development the car was tested at a track a bit similar to capitol's conditions and grip levels, then likely the manufacturers will come out with a factory set-up that will be good out of the box when you run it in capitol. if the car was developed in conditions far from what we are used to, then likely the box settings will not be as good for our purposes. so there's some luck involved there. at the end, its set-up and practice that will make these top of the line cars run fast - regardless of brand!
Old 02-15-2006, 08:01 PM
Tech Champion

.... that being said, i love my T2! hehehe

... wish i had parts though so i can start pushing this car to it's limits! praning pa rin ako when i race. sobra akong conscious of making errors, takot ako sa start ng race coz of possible 1st corner carnage, and when going through traffic.
Old 02-15-2006, 08:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by FBJ's RDX
What do you consider a beginner's kit? I can use my XXXS-G+ anytime and get good lap times with it anyday I am not a beginner but I can use an entry level kit if I want to, I don't see any problem with that, no shame at all to do so. A TAO5 kit is considered as an intermediate level kit. Not entry level. There are hop ups for it made my Xenon Racing to make it handle similar to the 415. For Tamiya users, ofcourse they will think that the TL01, TT01 and all the 01s out there are all entry level kits but if you talk to other non-tamiya users, an entry level kit can be a TC4 Team RTR Kit, XXX-S RTRKit, the Yokomo CGM Drift Kit.....Go to pitshop to know what I mean. The kits that I just mentioned can be competitive once your skill level improves. No need to spend too much to make the kits competitive, and again, they are considered entry level or beginner's kit. I hope this makes up of the part where I am wrong What do you run? Where do you race? Please join us this Sunday in Capitol, it's going to be fun
Your standards for a beginner's kit is too high. Anything you pay more than 250US brand new is not a beginners kit. So mostly tamiya kits are beginner level tao5 included. XXX-G+ hardly qualifies as a beginner's kit. Would you use a tamiya like a tt01,tlo1 in a big race? Not all cars are made equal and you dont spend equally on them. If that were the case the offroad community would not have a problem with the truggy and monster issue either. You can put a big .28 engine in a monster but that wont negate the performance deficit compared to a truggy. Truggy wins most of the time. Just not logical to run the field where there is too much advantage. Imagine a beginner's kit running with thoroughbreds. If the beginner's kit won then that doesn't say much about the driver who won but rather says more of how poor the drivers were against him.
I run in Singapore, Malaysia because of work. I visited the tracks in manila last year. JP was the best offroad track in Asia.
Maybe I'll see you in Malaysia or Thailand this year round or I could watch you in the Singapore leg of the Tamiya race if you decide to join. I dont run in it but I see there are really great drivers like Joseph representing.
And Leeroy was also excellent in the race I watched last year in manila. Really untouchable.
Old 02-15-2006, 08:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default ....

caught in the act!!!!

babytoi101.9 seems to be enjoying a lot.
its up to you to surmise on whatever is
happening under the table.

and rough seems to be enjoying the scene!!!
Attached Thumbnails Electric Touring / On-Road RC-1.jpg   Electric Touring / On-Road RC-2.jpg  
Old 02-15-2006, 08:14 PM
Tech Champion

KillWency: How often are you in singapore and malaysia? or are you based there? I've been posting in the sing and malaysia forums to get assistance in sourcing out Xray T2 parts. would you be able to help out? I know parts are scarce globally but im trying any source available to me. i would really just need the basic stuff like arms, hubs, and maybe shock towers. would you know of any shops that would happen to have stocks in their inventory? would appreciate the assistance!
Old 02-15-2006, 09:03 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by HAWKE
caught in the act!!!!

babytoi101.9 seems to be enjoying a lot.
its up to you to surmise on whatever is
happening under the table.

and rough seems to be enjoying the scene!!!
Yes, it seems like they are really enjoying. Thanks for this pic
Old 02-15-2006, 09:13 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Mr. Shims
RBBOY = tama, this and the previous layout... both 23

Naka 23 laps nga kayo, pero nanalo na ba kayo ng buggy blast? may napilitan pang magpa donut!!! biro lang po.....

actually, naka 23 laps din naman ako before.....mga 23 laps ko linakad yun track kakahanap ng schottki diode na pinulot na pala ni mang boy.

La musica: My P1.15(computed at US$0.02)- the best way to judge your pace(car performance and driving skill) would be to "run what you brung" and go from there. If you can go to the race tracks and run when there are others going around the track, you can judge your pace. then you can decide on what would improve your lap times. Join us at the stock class since we are not as serious (except for a few) as the other factory drivers. remember, to finish first, you must first finish....
Old 02-15-2006, 09:15 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by FBJ's RDX
6 Deg Caster= More Turn In, agressive entry but less exit steering. a 4* would be better for the RDX
Problem with the 4 degree caster blocks is that inubos na ninyo yung stock ni XRCHOBBIES eh. So my next or only choice lang talaga would be his remaining 6 degree block.
Old 02-15-2006, 09:22 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by joelt
Problem with the 4 degree caster blocks is that inubos na ninyo yung stock ni XRCHOBBIES eh. So my next or only choice lang talaga would be his remaining 6 degree block.
If you like the entry to be more aggressive, like the one pictured above Jayps' post, ok lang. You can still dial exit steering anyway
Old 02-15-2006, 09:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (98%+)

see you guys later for our first ever EP DRY RUN/TEST/SOFT OPENING RACE
at JP RACEWAY!!! sana gumana ang amb...

anyway.. this is all just preparation for NEXT THURSDAY'S INAUGURAL NIGHT RACE AT JP RACEWAY!!!
Old 02-15-2006, 09:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jayps
Naka 23 laps nga kayo, pero nanalo na ba kayo ng buggy blast? may napilitan pang magpa donut!!! biro lang po.....
Correct!!! buggy blast? hati ba tayo jan??? Sino nag pa donut?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.