Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Manila Racers
Electric Touring / On-Road RC >

Electric Touring / On-Road RC

Like Tree1Likes

Electric Touring / On-Road RC

Old 02-15-2006, 12:06 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by babytoy101
and a decendant of a very famous tribe in tarlac! hulaan nyo! nag iisang species yan.....
Famous as in yung tribe na na-dislodge nung Pinatubo Eruption???
Old 02-15-2006, 12:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

Mr. Joelt is right, keep your tao5 stock since you have it already. And I think tamiya has a silver can motor included. They dont need to be maintained at all unlike stock motors. Just practice with that and for now maybe just buy good tires so you can actually see how your car handles in the track. Rc is 50% tire selection and the rest is fine tuning. Speed is just the next thing to consider.
Old 02-15-2006, 12:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

LaMusica: i think you should be fine with the TA-05. its is a very good kit to start with because it's affordable plus handles very decently and is quite tunable. and as you get better, you can even have the option to upgrade it with performance parts and make that 05 a competitive racer! but you can also gradute to a better car but thats later on down the road so dont think aboout that first at this time. if you just wanna get the basics and a feel of running the car, stat with a silver can (mabichi/johnson) motor - those are very cheap and somtimes come free with some tamiya kits (not sure if the TA05 comes with it though). there may even be some kind hearted people in this forum who will be willing to give you - i would if i had one. once you get used to running around a track with it, you can start thinking of running faster stock motors like 23 or 27 turn ones. ... dont forget to have fun while you're at it!
Old 02-15-2006, 12:11 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ROBORAT
jt: yea baby! MO-DI-FIED!!!! hehehe
Yup! Yup! Yup! Have to work on reaching 24 laps like you guys do.

Ok na ako sa stock since confirmed na talaga nila HMAN and FBJ na hanggang 22 laps lang talaga ang kaya with the current layout
Old 02-15-2006, 12:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

LaMusica: have to agree with KillWency and JT, just make the most of what you have at the momment - those will do just fine! and dont be too much in a rush to go faster, it will come with practice.

jt: yep! go for 24 laps! ako i wanna hit 24 laps naman in quali not just in the mains!
Old 02-15-2006, 12:50 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by KillWency
I highly suggest you get a 2nd hand HPI. It's unbreakable and very adjustable. I dont suggest any other brands like ae, yokomo in the same price range they are very easy to break even with "experienced" racers. But they are fast. It will cost an arm and a leg to replace parts for these brands.
And start with a silvercan. Dont rush into 27 turn roar stock or 23 turns. Just gear up your silvercan if you think you can handle the speed without hitting anything. In singapore most people run silvercans geared at 4.8 to keep cost down on club racing. Of course there's always 8 min 23 turns races for advance racers.
What HPI EP Kit are you suggesting? PRO4? Cyclone? What makes a car fast is the Driver, not the kit in general. It is basically levels of "tunability" in the car. You may slap on a Mabuchi in any of the cars that you mentioned above and still break if you hit really hard.
Old 02-15-2006, 12:51 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ROBORAT
LaMusica: have to agree with KillWency and JT, just make the most of what you have at the momment - those will do just fine! and dont be too much in a rush to go faster, it will come with practice.

jt: yep! go for 24 laps! ako i wanna hit 24 laps naman in quali not just in the mains!
ROBO - "Panaginip, 'di malirit sa mundong kay gulo. Ang pangarap, hinahanap sa ulap"

Hehehehe trying to reach 24 laps always makes me remember this song that GARY V used to sing in highschool. . . . Composed by JUANMIG SALVADOR.

LAMUSICA - Join us at the Capitol Speedway!!! Morning pa lang, anduon na kami either on a Saturday or Sunday. Races normally start after lunch, so we do nothing in the morning but toy around and try to help out the others.

Bring your TA05 and don't be too conscious of what you have or don't have. The important thing is to have fun, enjoy the hobby, and learn as you go along. . . . Seemingly malalandi lang talaga yung gamit ng mga iba dyan, because they have this wrong notion that it makes them go faster (isa na ako dun! ).

Most of the guys in stock are fairly new as well. In fact, another first time racer joined the fray just last Sunday. Don't worry about the oldies, like myself and ROBO . We all race in MOD, with maybe a few exceptions like BABYTOY, etal. . . But you'll get to know (and understand) why they've stayed in stock when you join us.

BIRO LANG GIRLIE'sTOY!!!
Old 02-15-2006, 01:03 AM
Tech Adept

Our Special Lunch Buffet this Sunday is courtesy of Thuk Thai. Para maiba naman and ofcourse our tradition cannot be broken, Elars Lechon will be there too courtesy of Highwayman! Keep your pills ready (I mean for Cholesterol not the other kind )
Old 02-15-2006, 01:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (98%+)

Originally Posted by joelt
Yup! Yup! Yup! Have to work on reaching 24 laps like you guys do.

Ok na ako sa stock since confirmed na talaga nila HMAN and FBJ na hanggang 22 laps lang talaga ang kaya with the current layout
nakapag 23 na kami ni striker dyan sa layout na yan....
Old 02-15-2006, 01:09 AM
Tech Master

Alangya, DOUBLE WHAMMY!!!!

Bring it on!!!
Old 02-15-2006, 01:11 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by FBJ's RDX
Our Special Lunch Buffet this Sunday is courtesy of Thuk Thai. Para maiba naman and ofcourse our tradition cannot be broken, Elars Lechon will be there too courtesy of Highwayman! Keep your pills ready (I mean for Cholesterol not the other kind )
ALRIGHT THE BIGGEST EVENT OF THE FIRST QUARTER IS HERE!!!!

everyone is welcome to join!!
expert and noobs are all welcome

also calling on all rctech experts! please join the race this sunday!!!
Old 02-15-2006, 01:16 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by pitshop
nakapag 23 na kami ni striker dyan sa layout na yan....
Pinag-usapan nga namin ito ni HMAN nung Sun eh, pero ala daw syang matandaan . . . . . I didn't insist on it na lang since I assumed that I was probably wrong because of 'taurine deficiency'.

Pero seriously, same layout o hindi? . . . . para ngang hindi since 5:09 yung fastest ni HMAN.
Old 02-15-2006, 01:20 AM
Tech Elite

should be... I remember this is the masters qualifying layout diba??

I remember striker doing it 2x during the said event and me once...
pwede ma achieve with the right motivation.. kasi madali lang mag 22 eh
so kung close fight malamang kaya yung 23...
all you have to do is average 13.6 (13.6 x23 = 5min 12.8sec)
Old 02-15-2006, 01:44 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by pitshop
should be... I remember this is the masters qualifying layout diba??

I remember striker doing it 2x during the said event and me once...
pwede ma achieve with the right motivation.. kasi madali lang mag 22 eh
so kung close fight malamang kaya yung 23...
all you have to do is average 13.6 (13.6 x23 = 5min 12.8sec)
Hindi ko talaga maalala sir kung pareho o hindi eh, dahil sa taurine deficiency ko. Although I did try to do some math based on the fastest lap time of HMAN that I saw last Sunday, which was 13.8 - kulang nga. . . Motivation, however, can more than make up for .2 of a sec.

I remember hitting 23 na rin, pero iba pa nun yung layout and this was before the Masters.

In any case, MOD pa rin until the bigger events!!! . . . . . Tama na ang paminsan-minsan na hindi nahihimbing ang tulog ni TOCHI dahil sa pagsilat ng panalo nya ni ITIM.
Old 02-15-2006, 01:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by FBJ's RDX
What HPI EP Kit are you suggesting? PRO4? Cyclone? What makes a car fast is the Driver, not the kit in general. It is basically levels of "tunability" in the car. You may slap on a Mabuchi in any of the cars that you mentioned above and still break if you hit really hard.
A 2nd hand pro 4 is less than 10k I believe.
You are partly correct Sir FBJ's RDX. The driver makes a car fast and its no wonder Sir Leeroy and Sir Joseph are the best not even in their home track. But you rarely see experienced drivers run a beginners kit in a race. Do you run a beginners kit when you race?
I've seen Hara run in Singapore and he's not only a fast driver but he's also a well equipped driver. Better battery management and motor tuning makes him faster than anyone in the track. But again I doubt that he'll be using a beginner kit to run against thoroughbreds. Its just not logical. The driver is not the only factor.

The majority of cars in Singapore are HPI and Yokomo, there's less casualty for HPI than Yokomo kits. HPI are just more durable. They're equally fast though.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.