Electric Touring / On-Road RC >

Electric Touring / On-Road RC

Like Tree1Likes

Electric Touring / On-Road RC

Old 02-14-2006, 05:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Japys: pare Nice avatar!! yan ba yung reteat master nyo? wink:

Last edited by curious mind; 02-14-2006 at 06:06 PM.
Old 02-14-2006, 06:13 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ROBORAT
fbj: balak ko na nga rin mag ride accord (pero out of stock pa) or the 3.0AP for my ride. i need that little extra steering .... in the meantime, i'll try some set-up changes (droop, shocks, dampening, etc) this weekend and see if that helps.
I suggest try mo yung 3.0AP, Meron ako na 3.0 and Accord na u can try, butasan mo nalang. Jason and I kasi have the same experience with the Accord, tends to have too much forward traction most especially when your tires are new. Medyo you will need 1 major tuning change to make the accord really aggressive when your tires are new. Pero it is excellent when your tires are old and srubbed, perfect balance agad. That's why that's the body I use when I dont have new tires, ok parin lumiko, but when I have new tires, I use the Much More Stratus body.
Old 02-14-2006, 06:34 PM
Tech Master

Anyone running EP tonight at JP's Track?
Old 02-14-2006, 06:54 PM
Tech Adept

Hi i'm a noob to this with not much knowledge on how to run or customize an RC car. I dont have one yet but i'am getting a TA05 with a 10 turn motor and berrings any suggestions or help on where to get parts etc?
Old 02-14-2006, 08:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

FBJ: is that the stealthy 3.0 that you used last satrday? ... stealthy kasi di ko alam ikaw yun! hahahaha if you dont mind, id like to try it out.
Old 02-14-2006, 09:20 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by LaMusica
Hi i'm a noob to this with not much knowledge on how to run or customize an RC car. I dont have one yet but i'am getting a TA05 with a 10 turn motor and berrings any suggestions or help on where to get parts etc?
You can buy parts from Lil's for your Tamiya. If you intend to be in the hobby for a long time and plan to be competitive, I suggest you consider getting a different brand which has more value for money in the long run. Just my .02

FBJ: is that the stealthy 3.0 that you used last satrday? ... stealthy kasi di ko alam ikaw yun! hahahaha if you dont mind, id like to try it out.
Yup, that was my 3.0 Stealth body, hehehehe. Sure, no problem, you can try it out
Old 02-14-2006, 09:30 PM
Tech Master

LA MUSICA - FBJ is right. The TA05 is an excellent entry-level kit, but it does have it's limitations for the long haul. Also, you might want to consider starting with a milder motor instead on 10 turns. This may be too fast for you to start with, and you might just end up having too many unnecessary breakages. My .02 - start with a stock 27 turn or 23 turn motor and go up from there as you get more used to driving.
Old 02-14-2006, 11:15 PM
Tech Master

im not a hundred percent yet if i can run at JP's on thursday. i really want to though .... pero 100% for sunday! gusto ko na mag-modified! woooohoooo! hehehe

babytoy: punta ka ba JP sa thurs? kung sakaling maka-daan ako, iwan ko brood ko na 19T sayo .... alam mo na kung ano gagawin dun! ... it needs a buzz!
It's Sunday for me for sure. MODIFIED!!!!

. . . . Nakakatakot na rin kasing kasabay na ngayon sila FAFATY, RUFF, at ITALIANI sa stock eh, dahil panay homicide na ang pinag-uusapan duon pagdating sa motor at baterya
Old 02-14-2006, 11:43 PM
Tech Adept

Whats a .02? What key points should i customize in my TAO5?
Old 02-14-2006, 11:47 PM
Tech Master

Whats a .02?
It's an expression for sharing unsolicited/unfounded/biased/purely opinionated advices i.e., "my 2 cents' worth".
Old 02-14-2006, 11:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by joelt
It's Sunday for me for sure. MODIFIED!!!!

. . . . Nakakatakot na rin kasing kasabay na ngayon sila FAFATY, RUFF, at ITALIANI sa stock eh, dahil panay homicide na ang pinag-uusapan duon pagdating sa motor at baterya
speaking of the italiani.... theres a rumor that he is a native of north part of luzon! hehehe!

and a decendant of a very famous tribe in tarlac! hulaan nyo! nag iisang species yan.....
Old 02-14-2006, 11:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

I highly suggest you get a 2nd hand HPI. It's unbreakable and very adjustable. I dont suggest any other brands like ae, yokomo in the same price range they are very easy to break even with "experienced" racers. But they are fast. It will cost an arm and a leg to replace parts for these brands.
And start with a silvercan. Dont rush into 27 turn roar stock or 23 turns. Just gear up your silvercan if you think you can handle the speed without hitting anything. In singapore most people run silvercans geared at 4.8 to keep cost down on club racing. Of course there's always 8 min 23 turns races for advance racers.
Old 02-14-2006, 11:55 PM
Tech Adept

Oh ok cool.
Old 02-14-2006, 11:57 PM
Tech Master

IMHO, get a stock motor, leave your TAO5 as it is for the time being and enjoy the hobby. Modify when you're ready and not while you're getting used to the needed driving skills.

When do you consider yourself ready? - When you can regularly drive your TAO5 around a race track with hardly any mistake (using a stock motor). Running up and down the street won't really count, as this essentially only teaches you how to accelerate and decelerate.

What order of modification do you follow, when you're ready? - Tires, body, suspension, drivetrain, batteries, motor.
Old 02-15-2006, 12:06 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

jt: yea baby! MO-DI-FIED!!!! hehehe

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.