Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Manila Racers
Electric Touring / On-Road RC >

Electric Touring / On-Road RC

Like Tree1Likes

Electric Touring / On-Road RC

Old 02-09-2006, 05:57 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by highwayman
JOEL : daming abbreviations... i couldn't guess anymore... i think you're right... bench mark for the current layout should be 24 for mod, 23 for 19T and 22 for roar stock... im will try 2 classes.

FBJ : do you think the RDX always has bias sa oil or spring is becuase it requires little weight to compress the rear, becuase of the geometry? (shocks in front of the arms) just like in off-road wherein the shocks are in front of the rear arms to provide more rear traction?
According kay Jeff Brown, if you want it more to be aggressive, keep the oil and spring same, this, I guess is true due to the shocks being in the front of the arms which gives more rear traction, so you need to make it more aggressive. Depends on the driver. Although I read in one post sa RDX thread, sometimes, the stiffer spring in front gives you mid to exit steering. A softer spring in front gives overall but it really depends on the track condition and driver skill. I changed my oil to 40wt all around and kept the 17lbs all around too. the 3mm shim on the front couplers work, just on the dot, 190mm, I measured it accurately with a hudy board with the sticker thingy. This will make the car more aggressive, the front width before was around 186mm, so adding 2 more shims per side, puts it to 190mm. Rear track width is also spot on 190mm.

Dale: kamusta na Bro, kelan ka RC ulit? Punta ka sa track sa sunday
Old 02-09-2006, 06:00 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by lmagnum
man with the MM lathe: maawa ka na sa 19t ko! wag ka na kumain, kiss mo na lang si mommy, bigay ang regalo, chika-chika for 10minutes, tapos diretso ka na sa capitol!
Ahh ehh may konting problem ang MM lathe ko pagdating dito eh . . . . Namimila siya ng makina. Ayaw nya ng "2months-old-since-i-last-cut 19t". Umiinit masyado yung diamond tip!!!

Seriously, sure!!! Bili ka na rin ng brush para sabayan na rin ng palit . . . 767, 4499NT, slotted, or cavity - in this order of availability.

Oo nga pala. Late and dating ko ha, kaya after the race mo na iabot sa akin para i-cut at palitan ng brush.
Old 02-09-2006, 06:03 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by lmagnum
sali ka na ulit dale! pahiram ko freak mod motor ko sayo, my super fast batts and built-to-last yokeCGM ko(kung gusto mo), hehe!

di mo ba nami-miss RC racing? do you not desire to race once again with the best of the new generation of RC racers? do you not wonder kung magaling na ako mag-RC o kagaya pa rin ng dati?
Nde ka ba maglalaro??? . . . Parang binigay mo na kasi yung gagamitin mo sa karera tapos sinasabi mo pang "the best of the new generation racers" eh.

I think KOYA has realized by this time that you haven't changed based on the posts.

Last edited by joelt; 02-09-2006 at 06:14 PM.
Old 02-09-2006, 06:07 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ROBORAT

MOTO: good to hear. hear the corally boys are getting faster with rides .... that means more pressure on the rest of the field (including yours truly) to try and keep up! sana maka punta ako maaga sa linggo para maka set up ng konti ... di ko pa rin alam kung tc4 or xray ang itatakbo ko e ....
Yup, this is true. We RDX kids are really getting faster in terms of lap times. . . . . Problema na lang is being able to finish our heats - one way or the other.
Old 02-09-2006, 06:11 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by FBJ's RDX
According kay Jeff Brown, if you want it more to be aggressive, keep the oil and spring same, this, I guess is true due to the shocks being in the front of the arms which gives more rear traction, so you need to make it more aggressive. Depends on the driver. Although I read in one post sa RDX thread, sometimes, the stiffer spring in front gives you mid to exit steering. A softer spring in front gives overall but it really depends on the track condition and driver skill. I changed my oil to 40wt all around and kept the 17lbs all around too. the 3mm shim on the front couplers work, just on the dot, 190mm, I measured it accurately with a hudy board with the sticker thingy. This will make the car more aggressive, the front width before was around 186mm, so adding 2 more shims per side, puts it to 190mm. Rear track width is also spot on 190mm.

Dale: kamusta na Bro, kelan ka RC ulit? Punta ka sa track sa sunday

Ok, si this means I'll be sticking to 17lbs and 40wt as well cause I really love the aggressive feel of my ride as it is right now. Looking forward to the shorter camber links naman, cause I need smoother transition lalo na duon sa may bus stop. Question: What will lighter weight oil result in? i.e., 35wt
Old 02-09-2006, 06:24 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by joelt
Ok, si this means I'll be sticking to 17lbs and 40wt as well cause I really love the aggressive feel of my ride as it is right now. Looking forward to the shorter camber links naman, cause I need smoother transition lalo na duon sa may bus stop. Question: What will lighter weight oil result in? i.e., 35wt
The 35wt oil all around will result in a more responsive feel. Some PROs say, it gives a better overall reaction of the car. The shorter links are perfect for capitol. most especially in front, the low roll center setting on the camber link makes the car smooth on the entry and it gives mid to exit steering.

Originally Posted by Brain McGreevy
My post wasn't suppsed to sound short in any way, sorry if it did. If you know anything about vehicle dynamics and physics it's easy to understand that less wheel travel will yield more tangential (forward) speed around a corner than one that is turned more. Yes the RDX has those other holes in the arms for tuning purposes, but a shock with more leverage on the arm generally results in better/more consistent handling as less shock travel is required for a given suspension compression distance. Generally the springs and shock oils that are run on this car rarely change track to track, or race to race. It's the small, more advanced tuning options (such as ackerman, roll center, bump steer) that makes the difference from a car being 90% to 98%.

The biggest change I've felt on this car in a long time was with the new lowered front shock tower. The upper holes for the camber link raise the inner pivot and create a lower roll center. This allows the car to initiate smoother and also carry more speed and have more steering through the middle and exit of the corner. I could bring out all the technical stuff but I'll spare ya :cool

As for Jeff, he's back and just as fast as ever
He is talking about the new lowered shock towers but they are for Carpet, but if you read closely, he talks about how the roll center affect the handling of the car. Playing around with the front and rear roll centers, in my opinion, play a major role in car tuning and handling.

I am currently running high roll center in the rear w anti-squat, in 3 and 2 position. This frees up the rear more but still gives it stability. Raising the rear roll center lessens the traction on that end but it gives stability, meaning, the rear of the car would rotate better through the turn but it is more precise and will not cme out to be as plain oversteer.

You can set up your car to have less traction but still be stable. Too much traction will just slow you down and eat up your tires more.
Old 02-09-2006, 06:47 PM
Tech Master

Hi guys just checking out the racing in the PI. So how are the tracks, mainly electric touring.

JoelT - I race the RDX here in Florida. I recently rebuilt my shocks with Team Losi 40 wt oil from 30 wt. The car is much smoother with the thicker oil. Springs are stiffer 22 frt, 19 rr. So going down to 35wt your car would react a little faster.

It's nice to know you guys race the RDX
Old 02-09-2006, 07:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by joelt
Yup, this is true. We RDX kids are really getting faster in terms of lap times. . . . . Problema na lang is being able to finish our heats - one way or the other.
I agree! Kailangan yata magpadugo ng kambing or manok sa track ni mang para makatapos ng maayos yung RDX. Baka lang magalit si mang pag makakita sya ng dugo sa track niya
Old 02-09-2006, 07:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pitshop
eh siyempre merong pit halimwaw este girl pala
maganda naman eh...
ilabas mo na kasi yung mga secret mo... share mo na kasi!!!

pati marshal naka mini... hehehehe...
Old 02-09-2006, 07:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pitshop
VALENTINE'S SALE COMING SOON!!

SUPER LOW PRICES we cant even print em!!
something for everyone! EP Racers-- GP Racers
watch out for our sale!!
eh baka alang stock??? (peace pitshop)
Old 02-09-2006, 07:45 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by pitshop boss
VALENTINE'S SALE COMING SOON!!

SUPER LOW PRICES we cant even print em!!
something for everyone! EP Racers-- GP Racers
watch out for our sale!!
mmmmm....very interesting......let the sabong begin, hehehehe

RCGEN: We have two tracks, one indoor (please click my signature below) and one outdoor track located in Shaw Blvd, Pasig. I will add the pics of the outdoor track soon in my signature. Both are aspalt tracks with excellent traction.
Old 02-09-2006, 08:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rcgen
Hi guys just checking out the racing in the PI. So how are the tracks, mainly electric touring.

JoelT - I race the RDX here in Florida. I recently rebuilt my shocks with Team Losi 40 wt oil from 30 wt. The car is much smoother with the thicker oil. Springs are stiffer 22 frt, 19 rr. So going down to 35wt your car would react a little faster.

It's nice to know you guys race the RDX

hi... what do race on carpet or asphalt?
Old 02-09-2006, 08:16 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by XTREMERCHOBBIES
I agree! Kailangan yata magpadugo ng kambing or manok sa track ni mang para makatapos ng maayos yung RDX. Baka lang magalit si mang pag makakita sya ng dugo sa track niya
Para kasi kaming McLaren-Mercedes Team as it is right now eh. . . . . HMAN=KIMI, MOTO=PABLO, AKO=RON DENNIS (kalbo), at hindi ko na sasabihin kung sino si FBJ.
Old 02-09-2006, 08:20 PM
Tech Elite

KOYA DALE : looking forward to seeing you on the track again...

ROBO : yes, we need a bit of extra speed, just to keep up with your new T2 !

MOTO : what class are you running on sunday?

imagnum : i will cut your motor... dating ka lang ng maaga...

curious bing : i guess we now know why you choose the handle curious mind... ... looking forward to your race sir !!! BTW, what time will your race start if ever?
Old 02-09-2006, 08:20 PM
Tech Master

Most of our racing is outdoors on asphault using C27 tires. I wish there was an indoor track but it seems the overhead just closed them down.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.