Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Manila Racers
Electric Touring / On-Road RC >

Electric Touring / On-Road RC

Like Tree1Likes

Electric Touring / On-Road RC

Old 01-23-2006, 05:27 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ROBORAT
JT: if you just wanna do a quick test of your new gearing with the lowered timing, its not necessary. but of cors mas ok pag na-cut mo na rin para nga maramdaman mo yung max power output/performance ng bagong motor settings mo. and maganda din sa freshly cut com, makikita mo agad after one run kung may discoloration, etc at makita mo kung ok given the changes you made. see you saturday - rain or shine!
Thanks bro!!! Jason is geared at 8.32 pala for his 8x2 Cobalt with 12 degrees of timing . . . . . Baka nga pwede ang 8.2 for the 9X1 with the same timing.

Saturday, rain or shine!!! New body, new tires, new ride, and a backup car to boot. What more could a guy ask for except maybe for a roof on top of the track as well. . . . . Which has now become a reality. Yippeeee!!!
Old 01-23-2006, 06:49 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by joelt
Thanks bro!!! Jason is geared at 8.32 pala for his 8x2 Cobalt with 12 degrees of timing . . . . . Baka nga pwede ang 8.2 for the 9X1 with the same timing.

Saturday, rain or shine!!! New body, new tires, new ride, and a backup car to boot. What more could a guy ask for except maybe for a roof on top of the track as well. . . . . Which has now become a reality. Yippeeee!!!
Hi JT, Carlo told me parts will arrive by Friday. In the meantime, I will spend some quality time with my N.E.G., hehehehe, ya know what I mean
Old 01-23-2006, 07:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

actually, if that was my motor, i would just try the higher gearing (bigger pinon) without changing timing. kaso mahirap na kasing mag-suggest ako na gawin mo yun kasi nakakahiya naman pag may nangyari sa motor mo. ako kasi i tend to gear a bit higher than most people at capitol when running mod (usually by half a tooth).

no more cobalts available for me kaya i might end up using the UL arm i have in my fantom-v2 can just to experiment. wanna see if the performance gain is noticable as well.

...... HELP!!! I am still looking for a used cobalt endbell. if anyone has an old cobalt that is no longer running, baka pwede pa-arbor nalang nung endbell! tnx!
Old 01-23-2006, 07:55 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ROBORAT
actually, if that was my motor, i would just try the higher gearing (bigger pinon) without changing timing. kaso mahirap na kasing mag-suggest ako na gawin mo yun kasi nakakahiya naman pag may nangyari sa motor mo. ako kasi i tend to gear a bit higher than most people at capitol when running mod (usually by half a tooth).

no more cobalts available for me kaya i might end up using the UL arm i have in my fantom-v2 can just to experiment. wanna see if the performance gain is noticable as well.

...... HELP!!! I am still looking for a used cobalt endbell. if anyone has an old cobalt that is no longer running, baka pwede pa-arbor nalang nung endbell! tnx!
PITSHOP BOSS was making an attempt to sell his Cobalt (with a comm that had 2 good runs left ) last Saturday.

. . . . Funny thing about those XXX brushes is that you never really get to know if you're burning them up already.
Old 01-23-2006, 08:01 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by FBJ's RDX
Hi JT, Carlo told me parts will arrive by Friday. In the meantime, I will spend some quality time with my N.E.G., hehehehe, ya know what I mean
OOHHHHHH, time for her again, ha? : . . . Para palang ako nung Sat 'coz of losing an entire ____ (which I still can't find up to now).

. . . . Si ROBO, may N. E. G. na rin.
Old 01-23-2006, 10:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

FBJ/JT: yup! i've got a N.E.G as well!!!

Last edited by ROBORAT; 01-23-2006 at 10:19 PM.
Old 01-23-2006, 11:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jihernandez
Would anyone know where one can have a shorted CDC 6.0 charger fixed?

Would appreciate advice. Thanks.

i can check your cdc if you want! just pm me if your interested!!

Old 01-24-2006, 12:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

babytoy: kelan mo daanan charger dito sa xtreme?
Old 01-24-2006, 12:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rbboy
babytoy: kelan mo daanan charger dito sa xtreme?

mamaya sir! 6pm po!
Old 01-24-2006, 01:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Hawke / Confused Mind : Hahabol ako bukas. Have to pick up something from my boss in the morning. Sana hindi muna ako bigyan bigla ng trabaho bukas. Kailangang magpakasawa, Feb and March will be very busy.

JT : Idadaan ko bukas yung mga pics and epektos mo.
Old 01-24-2006, 01:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

yes, i geared the cobalt 8x2 at 8.32, and the comm looked great! standard brushes, not the xxx nor was it thined out... but the timming that came with the motor was 12deg. i guess we really have to find the proper gearing for each motor... personally i suggest running an 8.0 sa 9turn and mga 7.8 sa 10 turn. (si chito may 10 turn na epic)

N.E.G. yata ang uso ngayon. meron din ako nyan !
Old 01-24-2006, 01:28 AM
Tech Master

ROUGH - Salamat sir, looking forward to the pictures.

HMAN - Is having a N. E. G. the new standard for us 'middle-aged' (or _. _. _. ) drivers???

JULIUS CESARI DETABALI - Mod this Sat, ha???
Old 01-24-2006, 02:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

J.T. : hindi pa ako middle-aged!!!

... i guess sa dalas natin mag-palit ng kotse... we always need a N.E.G. as a comfort zone!

NOW back to the Cobalt discussion !!! - the new cobalt 2 should be something to look forward to, new brush design na sila... imagine, we can run the cobalt at this level, what more pa yung cobalt 2 !
Old 01-24-2006, 04:46 AM
Tech Regular

ty brother.

Originally Posted by joelt
Try seeing PITSHOP BOSS (Mike Ang) about it. He's the local distributor of CDCs.

Dalaw ka Capitol or JP Track to do so this Saturday, kung san man ma-finalize yung race.
Old 01-24-2006, 05:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by curious mind
Wak na esep-esep!!! opportunity only pok-pok so many times...
Originally Posted by curious mind
tentalus: pinalalaswa no namn ang handle ko...

Pretentious Mind - i dont kneed to, you're the one who's digging you're own grave!!!

Sir Rough, Sir Hawke, Malicious Mind - San nio balak magpractis?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.