Electric Touring / On-Road RC

Like Tree1Likes

Electric Touring / On-Road RC

Old 02-23-2004, 11:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (89%+)
Default Re: tamiya cup

Originally posted by buboy28
t-mak, sir i have a tl-01 na kit but i've already changed the chasis into a lightweight one plus aluminum dampers na sya pwede pa ba sya isali sa tamiya cup o i have to changed it to its original chasis. i was supposed to race it in qc circle as a rally car but was not able to join any race there. thanks
you can race the car in Stock touring class since stock touring class since we allow major hopups to the cars there...
Old 02-23-2004, 11:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by marvi

tmak: yung TB02 yata, gold springs ang stock. bumili yung kasama ko, bininyagan last sun, ayun, durog yung right front suspension
ay oo nga pala. similar to the springs ng ta04 na stock. i think thats a bit stiffer than the silver springs ng stock.
Old 02-23-2004, 11:53 PM
Tech Elite

oo nga no... check out the HK Racers Forum. their HK racers thread is already at past 600 pages! the mods there dont erase the threads but they keep their thread count to i think 4 or 5 threads lang...
Old 02-24-2004, 12:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: tamiya cup

Originally posted by Tommi Makkinen
you can race the car in Stock touring class since stock touring class since we allow major hopups to the cars there...

pano kung ala p race experience? pareho kami ng setup ni buboy28, i still have my stock chassis but i don't have a plastic oil filled shock, mgkano b yun?
Old 02-24-2004, 12:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

AYE!!! lets keep it simple guys
Old 02-24-2004, 12:36 AM
Tech Master

Default Para sa kapwa newbie . . . .

BLACKWRENCH - I believe type A slicks (if Tamiya) are for colder temperatures. I would recommend that you buy a set of SOREX 40Rs tires and a set of medium inserts (YOKOMO 37M, SOREX Medium, or ECHO Medium) to get better traction. You'll be able to use this not only for Capitol but also for most of the other outdoor tracks (Montalban, Fort (but with traction compound), Park Square). They're sold in most shops (PITSHOP, ACTION HOBBIES, SERPENT, etc.)

For flips that happen to you at turn 3 in Capitol, consider also the following sir: (1) The body you are using - it could be that the body you are using has a high center of gravity, possibly because of its inherent design or because it's mounted too high. (2) There's a rut/bump in turn 3 that if not properly negotiated will cause most if not all cars to flip. - suggest that you decelerate as you approach the curve and not while your negotiating it. (3) Suspension setup (as mentioned) - most kits prefer to be setup on the softer side and with a higher ride height at Capitol mainly because the track needs resurfacing already. You could try using red or yellow springs (if memory serves me right) with 35wt oil. Ride height should roughly be at 7 or higher.

For runtime, suggest that you have a hobby shop owner (or fellow racer with some knowledge at motors) check the condition of your 240S also. You could be in need of a new set of brushes and a cut of the comm. As for batteries, higher Mah means longer runtime assuming you use the same motor.

Btw, I normally run at Capitol on Saturdays with my son. Please feel free to have me take a look at your TLO1 if you need more help. My son runs a box stock TBO1 with a beatup red and white BMW body. . . . . . . Yung parating pinupulot ni Manong sa labas ng barrier.

BLP
Old 02-24-2004, 12:46 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: para sayo!

Originally posted by babytoy101
hehehe! nalalakihan ata sa akin, sindakan lang! hehehe!
" i firmly believe in the power of reason and the not the use of force as a reason!"

MABUHAY MANILA RACERS.......... iba tlaga pag-samasama!
lets race!
Langya! ang dami ko na-miss... Bilib talaga ko sa'yo pre ang tapang mo!!!!!
Old 02-24-2004, 12:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Anu na balita dito.

ROBO> thanks for the birthday greeting yesterday men. When you guys racing next? Greg and I might join in one of them. Pangulo!

Hilu Evry1!
Old 02-24-2004, 01:13 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
AYE!!!
Old 02-24-2004, 01:18 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by Tommi Makkinen
Reminder pala:

The TL-01 spec class is only for pure rookies... as in mga guys who havent run a race before in either tamiya series or elsewhere.

when did this rule start??
Old 02-24-2004, 01:34 AM
Tech Initiate

Unhappy

Sana meron race for modified TL-01 (motor/ESC)
Old 02-24-2004, 02:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

MOTO: dont really know. i guess there's a race in capitol this sat but im not sure if i can join yet. sana nga bumalik na kayo sa pag rc. you guys are missing a lot. dami na bago racers plus the montalban track is back! which is really a super track to run on. tell greg tama na karting. kelangan bumalik rc sya para may tumalo naman kay koyadale. wala pa rin ka-kupas kupas kasi....
Old 02-24-2004, 02:33 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: tamiya cup

Originally posted by tatalope
pano kung ala p race experience? pareho kami ng setup ni buboy28, i still have my stock chassis but i don't have a plastic oil filled shock, mgkano b yun?
if no race experience at all, then TL-01 Spec class is for you...

the CVA plastic shocks of tamiya is around PHP900 for a set of 4 shocks..
Old 02-24-2004, 02:35 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by chambalero
when did this rule start??
since Tamiya America came up with the class years ago. we just adapted it for use here as we feel some of the prospective racers were scared of running in Stock touring coz of the amount of mods needed to run in stock touring alone. this will let the rookies run in a class without any experienced racers and with minimal mods...
Old 02-24-2004, 02:41 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Inspire
Sana meron race for modified TL-01 (motor/ESC)
modified TL-01's (motors & ESC) automatically falls into the GT-1 Class. the TL-01's are good also for GT-1 but you have to be careful with the gearing coz its easy to overheat.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.