Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Manila Racers
Electric Touring / On-Road RC >

Electric Touring / On-Road RC

Like Tree1Likes

Electric Touring / On-Road RC

Old 02-24-2013, 07:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Roborat, thanks for running the race and the push to run fast.

Ralph L, thanks for removing the binding in my wheels, olats pa talaga ako sa setup ng touring cars, hehe. Thanks also for the borrowed parts.

Last edited by octopus prime; 02-24-2013 at 07:56 PM.
Old 02-24-2013, 07:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

basta ako madaming excuse: excuse #1 ....kasi naka tub chassis, version 1

enjoy ako sa 1st run ng 17.5 blinky ko ....just need more tuning and set up, and a sedan body
Old 02-24-2013, 08:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

@octopus prime: pare, sa tingin ko may ibibilis ka pa when you get the hang of setting up you car bro. sa totoo lang, being a bit OC with set up even if just to ensure everything is set properly, walang tweak or bind, sure yan gaganda lalo takbo niyong lahat. it really goes a long way. yung power and speed sa motor actually is the easy part pero handling ng auto really helps big time! kita mo nung sinalpak mo yung TC body, instant gunamda handling ng auto mo. ... hmmmm ... di ko mahulaan si "ELVI"

@rdl: hehehe sensya na bro about the body. no worries naman using the one yesterday since club race naman tayo. pero maigi na rin bro na maka subok na kayo ng TC body. they really help make the cars handle better plus since TC classes tayo, we use TC bodies too. Isipin niyo parang sa GT Spec, dun naman di pwede ang mga TC "blobs" ... pero sa totoo lang, they help quite a bit in balncing out the car's handling. they don't look as pretty as they gt bodies but they handle pretty good. like i said, daanin nalang sa paint job! hahaha at least mas mura rin mga TC bodies kahit konti. ... pero at least enjoy ka pa rin! mas lalo na pag nandyan na mga ibang 17.5 racers. mukhang dumadami na rin kayo paunti unti.

Last edited by ROBORAT; 02-24-2013 at 08:36 PM.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:53 AM
Tech Champion

Here are the TITC Modified Finals Races for your viewing pleasure! Awesome first Main battle between Groskamp and Matsakura after Hara bows out. Best move there was Jille's pass on Hara in the chicane early in the heat. After that it was bumper to bumper racing 'til the end, no passes but high speed racing throughout. Then Hara stays composed to take the next two mains and take the overall win. Hara's car looked deceivingly slow but it actually carried so much corner speed compared to that of Jilles and Naoto and you'll also see that it would pull lotsa speed down the straight. In the end, TQ Hara takes 1st, with Jilles 2nd, and Naoto 3rd.

ENJOY!

Mod A-Main#1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ly5sDqrNClw

Mod A-Main#2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BdZomZVr8Q

Mod A-Main#3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxWE7e0g23k

haaaaay, next year surebol, i'm there at the TITC!
Old 03-01-2013, 03:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

question lang mga sirs....
just finished setting up my s1 with a hobbywing xerun 60amps esc on a 17.5t orca rx2 motor. it is running good but the problem is, pag kinabitan ko na ng sensor cable, ayaw bumukas ang esc. i use a brand new tamiya sensor cable. is it that the sensor unit of the motor is busted or the cable isn't compatible? hope someone could help me with this issue. TIA.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Hi Nardong Putik,

Have you tried the ESC with a known working motor? Is the motor new? Not familiar with how the HW handles bad sensors or sensor cables, but usually, if sensor cable or board is bad, motor will stutter on start from idle.

Let me know how it goes...
Old 03-01-2013, 02:22 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mikeygar
Hi Nardong Putik,

Have you tried the ESC with a known working motor? Is the motor new? Not familiar with how the HW handles bad sensors or sensor cables, but usually, if sensor cable or board is bad, motor will stutter on start from idle.

Let me know how it goes...
thank you sir mikey for the inputs. actually, im new into brushless thats why i havent had that much spares to test with. but ill try to look or borrow another brushless motor to see if the problem is really with the motor. but its not that bad at all if i run my 17.5t orca motor without sensor cables? thanks again for the help.
Old 03-01-2013, 03:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nardong Putik
thank you sir mikey for the inputs. actually, im new into brushless thats why i havent had that much spares to test with. but ill try to look or borrow another brushless motor to see if the problem is really with the motor. but its not that bad at all if i run my 17.5t orca motor without sensor cables? thanks again for the help.
It also happened to me n found out 1 wire of the sensor cable was cut from impact during a race.

Is ur esc new? Its also possible that ur esc does not give the required voltage to the sensor.

And i think ur motor will work as sensorless without the cable.
Old 03-01-2013, 04:33 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ao97b
It also happened to me n found out 1 wire of the sensor cable was cut from impact during a race.

Is ur esc new? Its also possible that ur esc does not give the required voltage to the sensor.

And i think ur motor will work as sensorless without the cable.
Yes sir, my ESC is brand new. Bought it last week including the sensor wire. Well i guess, its the motor that has the problem. Since its the only thing isnt new. Got it 2nd hand from a friend.
Thanks for the big help bros! Hope my kit could make it in the next club race.
Old 03-03-2013, 03:36 AM
Tech Adept

what's a good ESC for Mod class?
Old 03-03-2013, 03:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by berkin
Old 03-03-2013, 03:44 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Berkin, maganda ang novak gt7 and tekin g12c! Yan, sigurado lipad ka jan!!! Haha!
Old 03-03-2013, 05:46 AM
Tech Champion

i think since you guys run multiple TC classes, or at least plan to ... the better question is what's a good esc for Open Class TC ... i think its the better way to look at it rather than looking for speedos specific for each class coz it will just be expensive that way. might as well spend on a good one that can work well for all - from 17.5 blinky all the way to mod - para isang gastusan lang.

.... that said, there's orca which is locally available and will serve you well regardless of class. if you are on a bit of a budget, the Hobby Wing V3.1 would be one to consider. Only thing is, you'll probably have to order on online or in HKG.

oh and tigil mo na WhatsApp, mag download ka na ng viber! Masyado kang mapapagusapan kung wala ka dun (read as: yari ka kay octopus dun!) hahahahaha
Old 03-03-2013, 06:46 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

kay mang meron v3
Old 03-03-2013, 11:07 AM
Tech Addict

san po pwede makita rules ng upcoming summer shoot out?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.