Electric Touring / On-Road RC

Like Tree1Likes

Electric Touring / On-Road RC

Old 01-13-2013, 07:59 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by VooDooPH
mukha nga... malupit na bakbakan ito...

choochootrain ba?

mukhang may tinatago pang alas tong si rains ah...
basta may secret weapon akong ilalabas this weekend!!! abangan nyo na...
Old 01-13-2013, 08:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

choochootrain ba?

madami pang alas yan

Originally Posted by berkin
hahaha! basta kapitan, kung san ka duna ako! i'll be your sweeper anytime!
uy wag mo ko sweep ha
Old 01-13-2013, 09:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by butchokoyee
Ano ba effective setup ng bd5 sa jp? Ok ba na kopyahin mga setting dun sa petitrc?
pare, will help you out :-) i-casa maintained natin yan!
Old 01-13-2013, 05:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by mikeygar
pare, will help you out :-) i-casa maintained natin yan!
Ayus salamat men
Old 01-13-2013, 05:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

maganda mag dala ng pop corn sa sabado at panuorin ang aksyunan! ... nakikita ko nang matindi ang post race commentary (aka alaskahan, trash talk, etc) hahahahaha

@butchokoyee: suggest you start off with the box settings and work your way from there. that should make your car fairly neutral rather than something on the aggressive side ... from there you can tweak to your liking and driving.

some general starting points:
shock oil - 40wt or 500 cst
springs - those included in the box, yokomo pink in front, blue in the rear.... if you want to tame it a bit, go blue front and rear.
droop - rather than the usual 6mm front/5mm rear, start off with a bit more slack in the arms with 5mm front/4mm rear. that will also make easier to drive. when you want it to be more aggressive, go to 6mm front/5mm rear.
ride height - 5.5 front and rear. when you want the car to enter corners faster, drop the front a bit to 5.0.
if you are running a gear diff in the rear, use 1000 diff oil for 17.5 stock racing

... again, these are starting points. you can ask any of the guys seasoned guys how to tweak from there... even those not running yokomos will be helpful suspension tuning works the same regardless of chassis brand. and as mentioned here previously, always ask what the changes do to your car's handling so you can understand and have a reference point when you wish to tweak further. will be glad to help out as well.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:47 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Mga Sir, newbie po sa hobby tanong ko lang kung sa po nakakabili ng Protoform LTCR na 190mm bukod po sa online shops at Pitshop ubos na kasi sa pitshop. Salamat po.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

unfortunately, pitshop is the only distributor of protoform shells here... but if you just want a race body, action hobbies has an "LTC-R" in stock i think, along with other race blob shells.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:02 PM
Tech Initiate

sir kamusta un 17.5 class race? ask ko nrin wat brand motor and esc gngmit nio for the 17.5 class?
Old 01-13-2013, 08:30 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by olespaul
Mga Sir, newbie po sa hobby tanong ko lang kung sa po nakakabili ng Protoform LTCR na 190mm bukod po sa online shops at Pitshop ubos na kasi sa pitshop. Salamat po.
unfortunately, pitshop is the only distributor of protoform shells here... but if you just want a race body, action hobbies has an "LTC-R" in stock i think, along with other race blob shells.
I believe the LTC-R at Action is not Protoform. And from the feedback I got, it does not handle the same. ... Just to set expectations. Might want to also consider a Protoform Mazda Speed 6. Also a good handling shell with a bit more rear downforce than the LTCR.

Originally Posted by turonz
sir kamusta un 17.5 class race? ask ko nrin wat brand motor and esc gngmit nio for the 17.5 class?
@turonz: sir, di pa nakaka quorum ang 17.5 so we had to collapse them into the 13.5 class muna. Inaatay lang kayo sir nina berkin, stormtrooper, etc mag 17.5 di ko sure pero mga naka orca at nosram yung ibang racers.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

mukha nga... malupit na bakbakan ito...

Sagad nako bro... Stormtrooper was just fast n furious hehe..

Just bought the spec radial tires from lils. Still studying my kit and i guess i can set this up on sat in prep for TAC.

..... My 17.5 will be ready after the 1st round of TAC. I feel this class will grow. Lets go boys
Old 01-14-2013, 10:27 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by ROBORAT
@turonz: sir, di pa nakaka quorum ang 17.5 so we had to collapse them into the 13.5 class muna. Inaatay lang kayo sir nina berkin, stormtrooper, etc mag 17.5 di ko sure pero mga naka orca at nosram yung ibang racers.
copy sir.. if ever matuloy yan d ba makakawawa kit ko ta06 pro lang kasi gamit ko
Old 01-14-2013, 12:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

copy sir.. if ever matuloy yan d ba makakawawa kit ko ta06 pro lang kasi gamit ko
im also using a ta06 pro for the blinky class.
Old 01-14-2013, 05:20 PM
Tech Champion

@turonz: 17.5 blinky is the bast way to transition into open class TC racing especially if you are coming from GT Spec or silvercan. Sa nakita ko nung sabado, yung 17.5 is not huge leap in speed so it should be easy to get that hang of it. yung sa tao6, im sure competitive yan. lahat naman ng kit may advantage at disadvantage. mukhang nasa heavy side ang 06 pero mas durable naman. tsaka good take off point yan para matutuo ng set ups, etc before investing on a high end kit like the 417s/TCXXs/BDs of this world. actually, isang magandang option is to search the for sale threads for 2nd hand high end kits like the 417/417x, HB TC/TCX, BD5 etc. But again, the ta06 should be fine. Learn the car then from there kaw na mismo makakapag decide kung saan ka pupunta next in terms of gear or upgrades. tip lang is dont spend too much on uprading the ta06, save that for a future kit upgrade down the road. in the meantime, enjoy the blinky class.

tuloy na tuloy ang class na yan sir. mejo muhang nag aantayan lang mga racers at di nagkaka sabay sabay, plus mejo hati ang focus sa GT Spec, TAC at Open Class. Suggest to join the next TC Club race sa Feb 2 para maka quorum na kayo. So far mukhang si berkin, stormtrooper, ao97, at si robby are all set for blinky. pag nakita rin ng ibang novice na nag umpisa na kayo diyan sa class, malamang susuond rin ang iba. enjoy yan!

Originally Posted by stormtrooper
im also using a ta06 pro for the blinky class.
@stormtrooper: itakbo mo na kasi yan next time para sulit takbo mo sa club race! lalo na't mejo naipaikta mong level up na ang tulin mo sa GT Spec. inuahan ka na ni berkin mag testing sa 17.5 ata sa last club race .... kaw nalang inaantay hehehehe new class, new challenge! let's get it on!

Originally Posted by ao97b
Sagad nako bro... Stormtrooper was just fast n furious hehe..

Just bought the spec radial tires from lils. Still studying my kit and i guess i can set this up on sat in prep for TAC.

..... My 17.5 will be ready after the 1st round of TAC. I feel this class will grow. Lets go boys
@ao97: yun na! maraming inihahananda ah! sino kaya pinaghahandaan? hehehe .... will try to drop by this weekend at the manito cup to check out the action. if you need any help setting up your cars i can help out. alam mo naman ako pag nabato .... ano ba weapon of choice mo sa 17.5? dalhin mo na rin yun and if i drop by, i can help you out with that too. will explain some set up stuff as well to get you started. ... hopefully maka-kuha ako ng visa kay misis to drop by the track.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

[QUOTE=ROBORAT;11677115naghahandaan? hehehe .... will try to drop by this weekend at the manito cup to check out the action. if you need any help setting up your cars i can help out. alam mo naman ako pag nabato .... ano ba weapon of choice mo sa 17.5? dalhin mo na rin yun and if i drop by, i can help you out with that too. will explain some set up stuff as well to get you started. ... hopefully maka-kuha ako ng visa kay misis to drop by the track. [/QUOTE]

@roborat, thanks boss gerry... i need all the help i can get hehe.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

@ROBORAT: sent you a PM again Sir..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.