Electric Touring / On-Road RC >

Electric Touring / On-Road RC

Like Tree1Likes

Electric Touring / On-Road RC

Old 01-02-2013, 01:43 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stormtrooper
woot woot! grabe kung 3 classes this sat! migraine boy ako nito!

whats a good baseline fdr fo 17.5 in the current track setup?
yahoo! pwedeng saling pusa lang?
need to setup my car for titc 13.5 blinky class.

@stormtrooper: i'm guessing 5.0 is a good baseline... hehe.
Old 01-02-2013, 01:55 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Sorry total newbie question here. How do you compute FDR in a touring car btw?
Old 01-02-2013, 02:25 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

this is the geek's formula... hahaha.

FDR = (spur / pinion) * internal drive ratio
internal drive ratio = (diff pulley / center pulley)
Old 01-02-2013, 02:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by berkin
Mikey and Voodoo: Pa "Casa-maintain" naman ng oto ko...kaka inggit naman si randy eh!

hahahahaha! game
Old 01-02-2013, 02:39 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Minami
kailan first club race?
Jan 12 ata.....
Old 01-02-2013, 02:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stormtrooper
woot woot! grabe kung 3 classes this sat! migraine boy ako nito!

whats a good baseline fdr fo 17.5 in the current track setup?
pare easy easy lang, maybe try 4.0 first? Pare, super important is to TEMP when experimenting! Don't want to ruin your motor on the first run. Remember > 180F = BAD

Originally Posted by berkin
13.5 boosted?

excuse me...derecho na kami ni Breyton sa Mod!! Para no pressure at all and labanan lang kami for last place.

All we need to do is stock up on spares and practice changing parts hahahahaha!

whoa, sabay ang 17.5 and GT silvercan? Nice! game na this saturday!

Mikey and Voodoo: Pa "Casa-maintain" naman ng oto ko...kaka inggit naman si randy eh!
Sabay lang for now. Eventually GT Spec will be part of TAC daw so i'm assuming 17.5 will be part of the regular open club race skeds para hindi masyado ma-migraine boy si stormtrooper!

And sure, will help you out with setup buddy! may setup tools ka na ba?

Originally Posted by geromeling

paalam ka kay Ralph, he's running the show on saturday :-) btw, 5.0 is baseline for 13.5 blinky

Originally Posted by reichsmarshal24
Sorry total newbie question here. How do you compute FDR in a touring car btw?
FDR is dependent on your car's internal ratio which is unique. Find out what the IR is then hte formula is:

(SPUR divided by PINION) times IR = FDR

ex: spur = 100 pinion is 25 and IR is 2.0
then: 100/25 = 4, 4x2.0 = 8.0 (your FDR)
Old 01-02-2013, 04:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by geromeling

Sabayan kita idol. 13.5 blinky hehe...
Old 01-02-2013, 05:29 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigz
Jan 12 ata.....
ayos! thanks!
Old 01-02-2013, 03:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Bigz/minami: yup, as previosuly posted, Jan 12 is our first open club race of the year and as in previous years, plan is to have this every other week. But still arranging the scheds with the other race organizers given there are othr races being planned for. Mejo kelangan i-organize ng konti para mas madali i-manage sched ng racers. But yes, jan 12 is a go and stay tuned here for the suceeding schedules. For jan19th theres another race being planned for that date so lets just wait for a formal announcement on that as well.

Berkin/breyton: i like your enthusiasm! Hehehe mabilis kayo matututo niyan at bibilis whatever class you decide to join. tip lang is start learning more and more how to set up your car already as now. When you approach the experienced racers for help, important to ask what the set ups they are doing actually do for the cars handling. Learning to drive is definitey the first step but learning set up is what will really give you the complete package and really make your racing experience compelete and enjoyable. That said, karrera na!
Old 01-02-2013, 11:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

ayus! 12 jan it is!

rock en roll \m/
Old 01-03-2013, 12:24 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ROBORAT
Bigz/minami: yup, as previosuly posted, Jan 12 is our first open club race of the year and as in previous years, plan is to have this every other week. But still arranging the scheds with the other race organizers given there are othr races being planned for. Mejo kelangan i-organize ng konti para mas madali i-manage sched ng racers. But yes, jan 12 is a go and stay tuned here for the suceeding schedules. For jan19th theres another race being planned for that date so lets just wait for a formal announcement on that as well.

Berkin/breyton: i like your enthusiasm! Hehehe mabilis kayo matututo niyan at bibilis whatever class you decide to join. tip lang is start learning more and more how to set up your car already as now. When you approach the experienced racers for help, important to ask what the set ups they are doing actually do for the cars handling. Learning to drive is definitey the first step but learning set up is what will really give you the complete package and really make your racing experience compelete and enjoyable. That said, karrera na!
thanks for helping us out all the time! A lot of the "veteran" racers have been very helpful whenever we encounter problems and give general setup advice as needed.

Race na!
Old 01-03-2013, 12:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Agree!
Old 01-05-2013, 06:15 AM
Tech Champion

RACE ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

TOURING CAR CLUB RACE IS ON FOR JAN 12, 2013! This will kick off the touring car race calendar for the year. AND .....

Moving forward, the GT Spec Class will be incorporated into club races! So we'll have a full line up of TC classes to suit everyone from novice to advanced drivers!

This will bring together all the touring car racers and we can all benefit from racing with each other, learning from each other, and most importantly ... enjoying the racing together!

For those new to the 'club race' concept and for everyone's appreciation, please see the previous post I made on this below.

So come one, come all! Let's start 2013 with a bang!

KARRERA NA!!!!

In 2013, the Open Club Races will be back in full swing and will be including the no-boost aka "blinky" class for the novice racers. The emphasis here is on NOVICE as this will form part of the whole racing scene for 2012 and will complement the Super Stock 13.5 and Modified Classes for TC.

For those new to the Club Races, these are non-trophy races run typically twice a month (every other saturday), which is intended to give racers the chance to hit the track and hone their racing skills in a race-like format minus the more competitive environment found in the big races.

Race Fees are scaled down, we run with the transponder system, follow a qualifying and triple final format, relaxed atmosphere, etc ... so basically these are "fun races".

The typical open class rules apply >
Any brand 4wd 190mm Touring Car Chassis
Any brand 190mm TC body
Any brand tires, electronics, baterries, etc ...

Essentially, the main rule that distinguishes these classes is that they are governed by motor wind and esc type. All other components/rules are as we call it - Open. Leaving the racers with the freehand to choose what equipment they wish to use based on their preference. For 2013, these classes will center around the ff:
Novice/Blinky Class - 17.5 Turn BL Motors, No Boost
Super Stock - 13.5 Turn BL Motors, Boosted
Modified - 9.5 Turn and below BL Motors, Boost or no Boost

You are not required to run the weight limits, body specifications (using body jig), spec tires at these club races. But it is recommended that you get to run at these specifications so come big races you pretty much have had the track and practice time with the real race equipment typically used .... this will help you come prepared for the BIG RACES.

Open Club Races will start January 12, 2013!

Kaya ready na! 2013 is gonna be a blast! Woooohooooo!!!
Old 01-05-2013, 04:21 PM
Tech Champion

JAN 12 TC CLUB RACE UPDATE:

As mentioned previously, we will have multiple race classes for the club race. How many you say? .... FOUR! Yes, count 'em 4 TC classes! Below are the detailed rules for each class.

Race Class details:

GT SPEC CLASS
Chassis: TT01/TT01E/TT01D only
Body/Shell: Scale 190mm Bodies only (i.e. Honda NSX, Nissan Skyline, BMW M3, Corolla AXIO, etc; Protoform or race blob bodies not allowed)
Tires: Open to any manufactured 24mm or 26mm tires, treaded and slicks; Inserts are open
Wheels: Rims need to be realistic -- no dish wheels allowed
Motor: Silver Can Johnson, Mabuchi, and Lightly Tuned Motors only
Gearing: 55/28 Max Gearing
ESC: TEU 101, 104, 105 only
Battery: any 2cell lipo, 6-cell nicad/nimh

17.5 STOCK CLASS (Blinky)
Chassis: Any 4wd Touring Car
Body/Shell: Any 190mm TC Body
Tires/Inserts: Open to any manufactured 24mm tires, treaded and slicks; Inserts are open
Wheels: Any 24mm TC Rims
Motor: Any Brand 17.5 Brushless (Sensored) Motor
Gearing: Open
ESC: Any Brand with a blinky/no-boost mode that can be easily be inspected by race organizers. Older non boost brushless (ex. LRP Sphere, Novak GTB, etc) escs also allowed.

13.5 SUPER STOCK CLASS (Boosted)
Tires/Inserts: Open to any manufactured 24mm tires, treaded and slicks; Inserts are open
Motor: Any Brand 13.5 Brushless (Sensored) Motor
ESC: Any Brand with boost (or without if you wish to run 13.5)

MODIFIED CLASS
Motor: Any Brand 7.5 and below Brushless (Sensored) Motor
ESC: Any Brand

Race Fees: P350 for first entry, P150 for additional entires.

Action starts at 2pm!

Succeeding Club Race Dates* in February are on the ff:
Feb 2, 2013
Feb 16, 2013
(*subject to change so stay tuned to rctech for advisories)

The pits are gonna be stacked up so don't miss out! KARRERA NA!!!
Old 01-06-2013, 07:17 PM
Tech Addict

JAN 12 TC CLUB RACE UPDATE
[...snip...]

nice start for 2013, ang dami ng classes!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.