Originally Posted by VooDooPH
again the usual suspects for racing:

Futaba
4PK/4PK-S/4PK-R
4PL -- value for money entry level 2.4G transmitter

SANWA
M11/M11 2.4G/M11X
MT-4 -- value for money entry level 2.4G transmitter
thanks. i have m11 which i use for my scale crawlers.

guys, what body, wheels, tires can you recommend for touring? thanks
Old 08-17-2012, 05:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Old 08-18-2012, 06:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Sir VooDooh,

just want to ask your help regarding esc's. i want to run 13.5t touring, what other brand esc would you recommend that could run with the pack besides orca? Are you also using a different esc aside from orca?

Thank you!
Old 08-18-2012, 08:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kikoy
Sir VooDooh,

just want to ask your help regarding esc's. i want to run 13.5t touring, what other brand esc would you recommend that could run with the pack besides orca? Are you also using a different esc aside from orca?

Thank you!
technically, any ESC with boost and turbo will do. Most popular brands at the track are Orca, Orion, Speed Passion, Hobbywing. The Orca BL Series will be starting this August 25th. Why don't you drop by and see the racing action; you can approach me, or any of the racers if you have any questions. Classes to be run will be 13.5 and modified, and maybe a bonus class

We'll be glad to help you out :-)

Here's an email guide I made for friends who want to start out in touring cars. Info may be a bit outdated, but it's pretty thorough and will get you the right gear from the start.

Hey buddy,

Welcome to the wonderful world of RC. Now, don' get overwhelmed by all that's below. It's just that what makes it fun is all the attention to detail! Lemme know if you have any questions, all the guys in the track will be glad to help you out! Drop by often so you get to see what most people use and get an idea of what to watch out for.

Radio
Sanwa M11X, comes with a receiver already. Like I said, invest in a good radio. Remember, your radio is your only connection to your car so garbage in=garbage out.
YOu can buy it locally at PitShop RC at Sta. Mesa. Better to get it there para if there is a problem, may warranty.
http://sanwa-denshi.co.jp/. People also use the Futaba 4PK-S which is available at Lil's Futaba.

Charger
I use an LRP Pulsar Touch. One of the best chargers out there now. It is USB upgradeable so when new feeatures come out you can reprogram the charger. You will need to buy a power supply to power the charger. I recommend the MuchMore CTX3PKE Power Master World Edition (24 Amps).
http://www.lrp.cc/en/products/charge...ystem/details/
http://www.muchmoreracing.net/us/det...p3ke-be-we.htm
Charger available at Pitshop RC, power supply in HK.

Batteries
Lipo's are the way.To be competitive later on, especially if you will be running in the 13.5 class, you want at least 60C (discharge rate) from a known brand such as Orca, SMC, Reedy etc. I have Orca batts for sale at the track. It's what most of the fast guys use.
http://www.orcarc.com/en/products.asp

Servo
you'll want a decent hi-speed servo. I use a Sanwa SDX-801 which is a low profile servo and high speed - top of the line for 2011. There is a newer one Sanwa SRG-BLS which is the top of the line now.
http://sanwa-denshi.co.jp/ Futaba makes very good servos also, Lil's Tamiya.

Speed Controller and motor
Pare, like i said, it's an electronics war now sa RC so go for the common popular brands used locally, of course, there's Orca, there's Orion and Tekin. The nice thing about using what others have is you can copy the setup so no problems in on track support. You don't want to drain your lipos below 6.6v. It'll ruin the batts. Once you have your stuff, I'll teach you how to take care of your batts, super easy, as long as you take care of them, they will last you a long time (i've had batts for 2 years and they're still competitive). As for motors, you should try to run in the 13.5 turbo class. Since you've run RC already before, I'm sure you have a good idea of car control more or less so better to get used to a fast motor so your learning curve shortens. We've had some guys start in 13.5 and within a year already run with the fast guys, and beat them too!

Kit
I use a Yokomo BD5 Worlds edition for super stock 13.5 turn class, and a Yokomo BD5WXi for the modified class. Minor differences in both and you can spec out each one to be the same. If I were you, BD5WXi ka nalang because it comes with a gear diff already and all the better parts. The other popular kits on the upper bracket are the Tamiya 417x and the HPI Cyclone TCX. Both Tamiya and HPI have good local parts support.
http://www.teamyokomo.com/

Spares
mostly front end stuff, arms, axles, c-hubs, knuckles and bodies, a spare gear diff. I can give you a parts list of the stuff you'll need to keep your car running. As for Yokomo, between myself and the other guys - we have parts so if you break something you don't have, all you have to do is ask and I'm sure one of us will have it.

Gears
There are 2 motor gears, pinion and spur. You will need to have a good range of these para you can get a good combination of speed and power without overheating your equipment. I use Xenon spur and pinion gears. Both available from RC Market. I run a 112 tooth spur gear and keep a range of 18-35 tooth pinion gears. Pero for you, pwede na 25-32 tooth pinions. YOu need this because if layout changes, so does your gearing.

Springs
-I myself have 3 brands of springs of all spring rates in 2 pairs each so I can run the same rate front and rear if I want to. This allows me to fine tune the car depending on the track condition. You do not need to have all the brands I have, but at least stick to HPI springs or Yokomo springs and complete the spring rates x 2 so you can fine tune as well. I also have all the option sway bars, front and rear so I can do the same.

Shock Oil
To be able to further fine tune your car, you will need a good range of shock oils, soft, medium and hard. I use the brand MuchMore because that's what the world champions use. The other champs use AE brand oil. If muchmore, go with 300, 400, 450, 500 and 600 weight oils. If AE, buy 35, 40, 50 and 60 weight. What is important is to stick to one brand para hindi ka malito because viscosities are different across brands.

Bodies
Like I mentioned - keep away from the Tamiya bodies, they're nice to look at but no real aerodynamic advantage. We all use a brand called Protoform, and the popular body is the LTC-R. I use Shoe Goo to reinforce the inside of the bodies (considering how often I crash, the bodies last me several months). The pros don't reinforce at all since it is added weight. I buy 5 at a time because it is hard to find the LTC-R locally. And if meron man, we all hoard para may stock kami :-)
http://racepf.com/ - look for 190mm touring car category

Tires
The tire to get is Sorex 36. As for rims, we use Yokomo rims, but only available in HK. As for tire inserts, TEAM BOMBER Red inserts. You'll need to glue the tire to the rim, and the rims are one use only. But what's new for 2012 is that we are going to start running controlled (spec) tires for big races and race series which are available at the track during those races. So don't spend too much on the Sorex tires. Tires are really good for around 3 days of hard use, about 6-8 runs per day. After that you'll easily lose 0.4 - 0.6 seconds per lap so even if the tire still looks okay, we change to stay competitive.

Tools

You'll want a 1.5mm and a 2.0mm allen wrench to begin with. Also you'll need setup tools such as a droop gauge, ride height gauge and a camber gauge. There are some combination tools (droop + ride height) available. But this is the absolute minimum so you can measure and setup your car properly. You'll also want a flat surface so you can work on your car, I use a cheap aluminum setup board from YEAH RACING. Some use a plexiglass sheet as a setup board. Some use glass. The best brand for tools is HUDY, but I use a 4-in-1 Orca tool which has a 1.5, 2.0, 2.5 and 3.0mm built in, easier for me because I won't lose drivers if it's the 4-in-1.
http://www.hudy.net

Pit Bag
HUDY has an awesome pit bag, the nicest (and most expensive one) out there. Only a few guys have it, I wanted to get one, but it is too big for me. I use an el cheapo 3Racing pit bag. it costs P3000 and has served me well for the past 3 years so pwede na yon. Available at a shop somewhere in QC.

Transponder
You'll need this so your car can be timed at the track. The brand is MyLaps and is used worldwide. MyLaps is the new brand that bought AMB.

If you can assemble this stuff together, you'll have a VERY competitive setup for ANY class. You cannot go wrong with the Yokomo kit. It is leading every world championship series now and is competitive in every country. Just stock up on spares so if you crash on the track badly, your day doesn't end All the stuff I listed are some of the best stuff out there now. Sa akin kasi, if the top 5 drivers in the world use it, that's what I will use. Also, the most important part is, learn to focus on the setup! It's useless to drive a car that won't turn kasi it won't improve your skill so dapat masanay na your car is properly setup everytime you run it because if your car gets hit, settings change and will make your car handle for the worse.

That's it for now pare, I'm always excited when people want to start playing RC because it really is a fun and competitive sport and we really try to get new guys to join so almost everybody at the track is approachable if you have questions.

Last edited by mikeygar; 08-18-2012 at 08:18 PM.
Old 08-19-2012, 03:02 AM
Tech Initiate

Wow nice write up sir. Thanks for sharing. This touring is much more expensive than scale crawling.
Old 08-19-2012, 03:21 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by painter4x4
Wow nice write up sir. Thanks for sharing. This touring is much more expensive than scale crawling.
Don't get scared with the list - that's a COMPLETE list to be super competitive with the top dogs, of course there are alternative brands

Bare minimum are the kit, radio, servo, charger and batts and a few tools. Ok na yan!
Old 08-19-2012, 10:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (98%+)

thanks for the plug mikey

just wanted to throw it out there that we have the PROTOFORM LTCR in stock as well as the power supplies (LRP), the new top of the line servo (across brands) is the new KO BSX (we also have the RSX)

we also have yokomo rims and sorex tires in stock (but no bomber inserts)
plus a couple of other items you mentioned
Old 08-19-2012, 11:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thank you for the great info sir Mikey!

This would be a big help to us.

Old 08-19-2012, 11:54 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by pitshop
thanks for the plug mikey

just wanted to throw it out there that we have the PROTOFORM LTCR in stock as well as the power supplies (LRP), the new top of the line servo (across brands) is the new KO BSX (we also have the RSX)

we also have yokomo rims and sorex tires in stock (but no bomber inserts)
plus a couple of other items you mentioned
welcome dude! pare, special request, SRG-BLS I want and Sanwa has new receivers that will work with the M11x na smaller and cheaper than the 451 series and will work with analog servos. So I can run my old kits
Old 08-20-2012, 03:43 AM
Tech Initiate

hi pitshop. its me, JSia from bacolod. thanks for all the good stuffs. looking forward to recieve the package.

is my old imax b6 charger good enough for those hi cap lipo om you?

Last edited by painter4x4; 08-20-2012 at 03:46 AM. Reason: add ?
Old 08-20-2012, 06:04 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

may lalaro po ba bukas?
Old 08-20-2012, 07:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (98%+)

Originally Posted by mikeygar
welcome dude! pare, special request, SRG-BLS I want and Sanwa has new receivers that will work with the M11x na smaller and cheaper than the 451 series and will work with analog servos. So I can run my old kits
ok pare noted! will let you know soon as I get some
Old 08-20-2012, 09:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

2 Weeks!!

Originally Posted by pitshop
ok pare noted! will let you know soon as I get some
Old 08-20-2012, 09:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JPRacing
2 Weeks!!

Yeah Right! We ALL have heard that before!
Old 08-20-2012, 09:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Aba! aba! aba! nabuhay!

Originally Posted by STEALTH
Yeah Right! We ALL have heard that before!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.