Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Manila Racers
Electric Touring / On-Road RC >

Electric Touring / On-Road RC

Like Tree1Likes

Electric Touring / On-Road RC

Old 05-11-2012, 11:32 PM
Tech Rookie

Good day!

I am a Novice and I plan to buy RC electronics that would help me in competing in the FF. racing category:

Mini Class
Stock Novice
Super Stock

So far I am already set buying Tamiya ESC TBLE-01 because of my ff. assumptions
1. I can use any 12T+ brushless motor of any brand using this Tamiya ESC TBLE-01
2. I can use Fullymax Lipo battery 3300mah 7.4v 2s Cont. 35c/70c that Lil's Futaba is offering when I use this Tamiya ESC TBLE-01
3. Tamiya ESC TBLE-01 would be competitive enough in Club races in JP raceway.

If any of my assumptions are wrong, please enlighten me

I have been also canvassing for a good charger in the internet. Unfortunately, all good chargers I searched are not available in our local hobby shops. So far Lil's Futaba have been offering me the G.T. Power C60 Dual Power AC 100 V- 240V DC 11.0v - 18.0V
1. is this a good charger if I use Fullymax Lipo battery 3300mah 7.4v 2s Cont. 35c/70c?
2. Will this charger charge a better battery that I could use to compete in advance racing category such as the Super Stock class?

I am also set to buy Fullymax Lipo battery 3300mah 7.4v 2s Cont. 35c/70c but I need some confirmations.
1. Is this a good battery if used in a Tamiya MINI and TT-01 chassis?
2. Will it be competitive enough if use in club races in JP raceway?

Last edited by AdrianEADR; 05-11-2012 at 11:39 PM. Reason: needs clarifications
Old 05-12-2012, 02:54 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by rccartips
Clinton, taga malate ako. Welcome ka to carpool to JP. Daan ka sa bahay ko, baka may magustohan ka kit na bilhin. Madali ako kausap.

sige po sir, next week po avlble kayo? thank you boss
Old 05-12-2012, 02:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

Lewd Skywalker- thank you ulit boss
Old 05-12-2012, 09:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AdrianEADR
Good day!

I am a Novice and I plan to buy RC electronics that would help me in competing in the FF. racing category:

Mini Class
Stock Novice
Super Stock

So far I am already set buying Tamiya ESC TBLE-01 because of my ff. assumptions
1. I can use any 12T+ brushless motor of any brand using this Tamiya ESC TBLE-01
2. I can use Fullymax Lipo battery 3300mah 7.4v 2s Cont. 35c/70c that Lil's Futaba is offering when I use this Tamiya ESC TBLE-01
3. Tamiya ESC TBLE-01 would be competitive enough in Club races in JP raceway.

If any of my assumptions are wrong, please enlighten me

I have been also canvassing for a good charger in the internet. Unfortunately, all good chargers I searched are not available in our local hobby shops. So far Lil's Futaba have been offering me the G.T. Power C60 Dual Power AC 100 V- 240V DC 11.0v - 18.0V
1. is this a good charger if I use Fullymax Lipo battery 3300mah 7.4v 2s Cont. 35c/70c?
2. Will this charger charge a better battery that I could use to compete in advance racing category such as the Super Stock class?

I am also set to buy Fullymax Lipo battery 3300mah 7.4v 2s Cont. 35c/70c but I need some confirmations.
1. Is this a good battery if used in a Tamiya MINI and TT-01 chassis?
2. Will it be competitive enough if use in club races in JP raceway?
Buddy,

The gear you selected is applicable for the TAC. There are 2 groups that run in JP Raceway, the Tamiya Series and the open club races. Your gear will not be competitive for the club races and the big races of the open group, but will definitely be competitive for the TAC which just ended today (last race of the year I think). You can ask on the Tamiya Series thread for clarification on the classes.

The electronics we use for the open races suit the following classes:

1. Modified: 4.5 - 10.5 turn sensored motor, open ESC, usually 6000mah 60C 2s lipo batteries or better
2. Super Stock 13.5 turn sensored motor, open ESC with boost, usually 6000mah 60C 2s lipo batteries or better
3. Stock Class 13.5 turn sensored motor, open ESC, NO BOOST/TIMING.

You can use any kit for the club races, and you are not limited by brand, except those particular brands that are banned at the track. Clarify first with Ramil at the track para hindi sayang purchase mo.

Orca's whole line, ESC, motor and batts (shameless plug ) are for sale at the racetrack for the regular club races and is used by many top racers at the track. Other popular brands are Orion, Tekin, Hobbywing for the ESC available at your favorite hobby shops.

Cheers!
Old 05-12-2012, 10:41 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by mikeygar
Buddy,

The electronics we use for the open races suit the following classes:

1. Modified: 4.5 - 10.5 turn sensored motor, open ESC, usually 6000mah 60C 2s lipo batteries or better
2. Super Stock 13.5 turn sensored motor, open ESC with boost, usually 6000mah 60C 2s lipo batteries or better
3. Stock Class 13.5 turn sensored motor, open ESC, NO BOOST/TIMING.
How about the batteries used for stock class? What are the usually batteries used?

May I ask why do you guys use 6000mah batteries? Based on what I've researched, higher mah means longer run times right? So does this mean, open club races are longer than TAC races or it means your motor uses more more energy to run faster thus needing more mah to sustain the regular run times?

Also does ESC with boost literally gives you a boost button? Really have no idea how this works

And for how long can I compete in stock class category? In other words, can I continue to race in the stock class category or am I suppose to level up to super stock if I already gained experienced in racing? If so, what is the basis that you are already experienced in a certain category?

What prices do club races have hehehehe

And does Tamiya races only happen every year? and are you supposed to be present on every race dates?

So sorry with so many questions! hope you could reply!

Last edited by AdrianEADR; 05-12-2012 at 10:56 AM.
Old 05-12-2012, 01:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by clinton
sige boss, thank you din, may nag alok sakin ta05ms kit 7k lang, sige sir pag maluwag time ko punta ako, thanks sa advice
wag kayo kumuha ng ms. limited ang class na pwede salihan.

if you're planning to join Tamiya Series, get tao5 tub chassis series. If you want to join open races, look for tamiya 416x, 417 or 417x but if you want to enjoy both worlds, buy both.

Originally Posted by Lewd Skywalker

Oo nga pre di ko na yata alam kung alin gate yung entrance papuntang JP raceway hehe. Minsan sisilip ako dyan pag may mga night practice sessions kayo. Di lang ako makabalik dami pa gastos at ubos oras ko tyempo Sat o Sun lang ako libre halfday pa flying. Kita kits soon kapatid
Pag thursdays lang ata may naglalaro ng gabi pero malamang marami aabutin ng gabi kasi maraming mga big races ngayon.
Pag naligaw ka papuntang JP, magtanong ka sa barangay.
Old 05-12-2012, 07:56 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by AdrianEADR
How about the batteries used for stock class? What are the usually batteries used?

May I ask why do you guys use 6000mah batteries? Based on what I've researched, higher mah means longer run times right? So does this mean, open club races are longer than TAC races or it means your motor uses more more energy to run faster thus needing more mah to sustain the regular run times?

*in electric racing, voltage = speed. The higher capacity you have, the faster your car goes :-) our electronics are hungrier than the TAC gear, and much faster, hence the power requirement. Heats are 5 minutes long and we look for every speed advantage we can get. Voltage and capacity go hand in hand.

Also does ESC with boost literally gives you a boost button? Really have no idea how this works

*boosted ESCs do exactly that, but instead of a button to press, it is determined by the length of time your finger is on FULL throttle. You can change the way the power is applied by programming your ESC. Boost can make your motor go beyond what it was designed for so proper programming is important.

And for how long can I compete in stock class category? In other words, can I continue to race in the stock class category or am I suppose to level up to super stock if I already gained experienced in racing? If so, what is the basis that you are already experienced in a certain category?

*racers usually start out where they are comfortable with - usually the lower classes, and as they feel they can handle the speed, they can move up anytime.

What prices do club races have hehehehe
*typically none, but our big races have trophies, and more importantly, the bragging rights to be the fastest electric RC racer in the country

wait for the Orca Series this July - will be sending the champ of stock and super stock to compete in the Orca Championships in Malaysia end of this year. That's where you'll see the big boys of Asia!

And does Tamiya races only happen every year? and are you supposed to be present on every race dates?

*AXO, help naman :-)

So sorry with so many questions! hope you could reply!

*anytime buddy!
Old 05-12-2012, 09:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

@ Arian : Tamiya Asia Cup usually starts every January to July and we have Jr class for 15 yrs and below, super stock, mini, ff03, f1, gt, modified classes. Top finisher of each class will be given full sponsorship to compete in the Tamiya Asia Finals to be held somewhere in Southeast Asia. 2nd and 3rd will also be given 50% and 25%.

For further details regarding Rules, cars, batteries, escs and motors to be used, please visit Tamiya thread 2012. thanks.
Old 05-13-2012, 03:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

ano po ba mas ok,hobbyhwing ezrun o xerun ?

thanks
Old 05-13-2012, 05:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by clinton
ano po ba mas ok,hobbyhwing ezrun o xerun ?

thanks

ezrun is a sensorless esc...

xerun is a senorless/sensored esc... software can be updated and can be programmed for boost (when used with sensored motors).

if you want to race, might be better to get the xerun... more tunability and flexibility.
Old 05-14-2012, 07:34 PM
Tech Master

Guys,

Any news kung tuloy ang NASA cup this weekend?
Old 05-14-2012, 07:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

As announced, Ride Pre-mounted Tires are now available at Lil's Hobby Shops! Go get your hands on 'em and hit the track for some practice!
Originally Posted by LilsTamiya
ride products and ride tires for summer shootout are now available @ lils hobby shops near you
The countdown begins to the 2012 Ride Summer Shootout! 17 DAYS TO GO TO JUNE 2nd!!! WOOHOOOOOOO!!!!

... thanks for the birthday greets everyone!
Old 05-15-2012, 10:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

ROBO: Belated bro!
Old 05-15-2012, 07:44 PM
Tech Addict

Location: 205 2/F Place One Bldg. Katipunan Ave., Q.C. Tel: 949-2129
Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

Guys, sorry for the late notice but Nasa Cup Ep race will be moved to the month of June and will be announced later on. Thank you.
Old 05-15-2012, 08:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Belated Boss Gerry!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.