Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Manila Racers
Electric Touring / On-Road RC >

Electric Touring / On-Road RC

Like Tree1Likes

Electric Touring / On-Road RC

Old 04-20-2012, 04:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Coco, baka gusto mo ito para sa touring.

Old 04-20-2012, 06:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rccartips
Coco, baka gusto mo ito para sa touring.

Pwede....bling bling pa.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default equivalent brushed motor

mga bossing anong turn ang pwede sa summer shooot if iam going to use a brushed motor and esc? ty
Old 04-24-2012, 02:22 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by vintage boy
mga bossing anong turn ang pwede sa summer shooot if iam going to use a brushed motor and esc? ty
@Vintage boy: The brushed equivalent of the 13.5 brushless motor is a 23T motor. Go for the no boost category para me laban.

Was really surprised to find out that there is no silvercan category in the summer shootout where novices can join. Its suppose to attract and bring in new blood to the hobby. Im sure there is a reason for this.
Old 04-24-2012, 04:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

cocojam/vintageboy: for this year's summer shootout, yes we have opted to stick two race classes - super stock and modified. as with most our recent big races, we are streamlining to two classes and with modified re-emerging, this will the first time in a long while that we will be including this class. we are not prejudicing novice classes - as you know, we have been running this class for years as well in all our club races and will continue to do so. there are also upcoming races in the calendar that will still have novice classes (nasa cup is one, and the orca series) but will already start to take a different form, ie a non boosted class. novice classes will not die off, but rather we want it to evolve as well given all the races available to all racers throughout the year. it will be a trail and error thing so we might not get the right formula at the first crack but we have to try out how to evolve it so we also promote improvement among the ranks of our local racers and make it sustainable. so its about gradually trying to look how all the combined races (from TAC, to the club races, to the Big Races, and MTCC) will work together to make the hobby grow, improve the level of racing, long term costs/investments of racers, and in the process make the hobby fun and exciting for everyone. hard to fully explain it here on rctech but you can approach me at any of the races if you wanna clarify further.
Old 04-24-2012, 05:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default very much clarified

roborat, thank you very much for the explanation, i will join the super stock 13.5, i just have to install my brushless system in my losi xxx-s
Old 04-24-2012, 07:08 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by vintage boy
roborat, thank you very much for the explanation, i will join the super stock 13.5, i just have to install my brushless system in my losi xxx-s
vintage boy: thanks very much for your open mindedness and understanding. and good to hear you're still joining the shootout in the super stock class. it should be fun!

... rest assured the goal is really to make the local races we have complement each to make the local racing scene better as a whole! it's a work in progress but hopefully we improve little by little along the way.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:22 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ROBORAT
cocojam/vintageboy: for this year's summer shootout, yes we have opted to stick two race classes - super stock and modified. as with most our recent big races, we are streamlining to two classes and with modified re-emerging, this will the first time in a long while that we will be including this class. we are not prejudicing novice classes - as you know, we have been running this class for years as well in all our club races and will continue to do so. there are also upcoming races in the calendar that will still have novice classes (nasa cup is one, and the orca series) but will already start to take a different form, ie a non boosted class. novice classes will not die off, but rather we want it to evolve as well given all the races available to all racers throughout the year. it will be a trail and error thing so we might not get the right formula at the first crack but we have to try out how to evolve it so we also promote improvement among the ranks of our local racers and make it sustainable. so its about gradually trying to look how all the combined races (from TAC, to the club races, to the Big Races, and MTCC) will work together to make the hobby grow, improve the level of racing, long term costs/investments of racers, and in the process make the hobby fun and exciting for everyone. hard to fully explain it here on rctech but you can approach me at any of the races if you wanna clarify further.
Well said Robo +100
Old 04-26-2012, 10:29 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by cocojam
Well said Robo +100
pogi points ba yan? hahahah
Old 04-28-2012, 03:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

mga boss, ok lang ba ipang touring yung nasa harap yung motor? thank you,
Old 04-29-2012, 01:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by clinton
mga boss, ok lang ba ipang touring yung nasa harap yung motor? thank you,
boss,

technically pwede naman as long as 1/10th scale 4wd electric car, but it does not mean na it will be competitive especially in the faster classes.

The new front wheel drive touring cars mostly use front mounted motors FYI, but it is only run in the Tamiya Cup
Old 04-29-2012, 03:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Just playing with a 1/12 scale at JP yesterday (Sat) around 1:30pm, dusty track. I used homemade tires and no traction compound.

RC Car: 1/12 Associated RC12L3
Battery: Fullymax 7.4v Saddlepack Lipo
Motor: SpeedPassion 13.5T
ESC: HobbyWing Boost
Old 04-29-2012, 04:35 PM
Tech Addict

Now Available @ Lils Hobby Centers

Orion Products
VST Pro 4.5 modified motor
VST Pro 5.5 modified motor
VST Pro 6.5 modified motor
VST Pro 13.4 modified stock motor
6500 90c Bullet Connector Lipo
R10 160A-esc
Program Card!!!

LRP-X20 new release 5.5 modified motor
Tire TweAK Traction Compound
Old 04-30-2012, 02:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by mikeygar
boss,

technically pwede naman as long as 1/10th scale 4wd electric car, but it does not mean na it will be competitive especially in the faster classes.

The new front wheel drive touring cars mostly use front mounted motors FYI, but it is only run in the Tamiya Cup

thank you sir sa advice ahm ano mairrcommend mong brand and model para sa budgeted? pang touring po. kasi nakabali ako hsp pero parang di ata pwede sa mabilisan talaga,
Old 04-30-2012, 06:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by clinton
thank you sir sa advice ahm ano mairrcommend mong brand and model para sa budgeted? pang touring po. kasi nakabali ako hsp pero parang di ata pwede sa mabilisan talaga,
The cheapest but very competitive Associated TC6 / TC6.1 is the best bang for the buck. Spare parts are super cheap also. Kit will definitely cost much more than HSP but for sure you know that it is a quality kit that is run in the world championships.

Available sa Pitshop ang Associated.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.