Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Manila Racers
Electric Touring / On-Road RC >

Electric Touring / On-Road RC

Like Tree1Likes

Electric Touring / On-Road RC

Old 03-03-2012, 10:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Who's in? pls indicate the date prefer para maka adjust tayo lahat.
1)felix chua
2) gerry soler + 2
3)rolly,Anton Ramos +2
4) jason +2
5)
Old 03-04-2012, 10:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

@wes/kim: kamusta maiden run ninyo? boss wes, sensya na po na-late ako kahapon sa pag hatid nung program box KO! hahaha .... seriously, sorry I couldn't stay and test with you guys. mejo family time muna ako kahapon at hindi ako naka-baklas agad sa aming lakad. ano balita sa mga esc settings? malakas naman?
Old 03-05-2012, 01:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

next time wag mo nlng uulitin.hahahaha jok men.
Well, compare sa old esc ko (tekin). Orion has SUPER DUPER MORE!! punch. At the same time, smooth feeling parin pag throttle input sa controller.

Mabigat kasi kamay ko sa throttle eh..hehehe

Btw, ung setting ko sa program card is the same with Ralph
Old 03-05-2012, 02:18 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by wesman
Well, compare sa old esc ko (tekin). Orion has SUPER DUPER MORE!! punch. At the same time, smooth feeling parin pag throttle input sa controller.

Btw, ung setting ko sa program card is the same with Ralph
@wesman: o nga. Nag text rin si pareng kim, smooth and punchy at the same time. so pretty much kung ano nga sinasabi nila about the speedo. so very good! excited na ako mag testing sa sabado.

.... ay oo nga pala, sorry ulit. and yes, pramis di na mauulit ever na papahiramin kita ng program card! wahahahahaha sabi mo e! hehehe
Old 03-05-2012, 03:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ROBORAT
@wesman: o nga. Nag text rin si pareng kim, smooth and punchy at the same time. so pretty much kung ano nga sinasabi nila about the speedo. so very good! excited na ako mag testing sa sabado.

.... ay oo nga pala, sorry ulit. and yes, pramis di na mauulit ever na papahiramin kita ng program card! wahahahahaha sabi mo e! hehehe

mag hobbywing/SP na lang daw siya na card.. haha!

@wes dala ka na lang lagi laptop mo men.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wesman

wala yan... its all in your head... ( <------ingget lang, i want one ) wahehehe

hindi ba pwedeng mareprogram yung hobbywing card? I have the feeling that the orion is the same as the coming hobbywing version 3? pwede ata gamitan na ng normal program yun...
Old 03-05-2012, 08:15 PM
Tech Champion

@tim: The orion is a hobbywing OEM. So yes they are the same but different at the same time. Usually OEM manufacturers take the liberty of fiddling with the internals and the programing algorythyms (formware updates). Just like the old SP=HW, Quark=Prospec, or even LRP=Nosram. But yeah, at our level, i doubt they will be much different performance wise. Preference nalang siguro yan. I personally like the gunmetal and carbon fiber casing hehehe ... What Orion supposedly did with the R10 was focus on making both the power and brake feel smoother, translating to an easier to drive speedo ... that's essentially where firmware releases come in and Orion has already come out with a couple - with dedicated ones for spec and mod racing. Personally i'm hoping that's true, but i'll only find out when i actually get to run mine ... Saturday will be "D-Day" for me. yahooo!!!

... And yes, the new hw will likely be similar to the current r10. smaller package/dimensions. ika nga ni voodoo, likely pina-una lang nila orion before releasing their own as part of some arrangement.

kaya, abangan natin ... exciting!

as for wes, it's all in his head ... just like the 417X! ano nga ba difference wes? hahahaha

SABADO NA BA??!?!!?? ANG TAGAL!!!
Old 03-05-2012, 11:56 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

@tim: The orion is a hobbywing OEM. So yes they are the same but different at the same time. Usually OEM manufacturers take the liberty of fiddling with the internals and the programing algorythyms (formware updates). Just like the old SP=HW, Quark=Prospec, or even LRP=Nosram. But yeah, at our level, i doubt they will be much different performance wise. Preference nalang siguro yan. I personally like the gunmetal and carbon fiber casing hehehe ... What Orion supposedly did with the R10 was focus on making both the power and brake feel smoother, translating to an easier to drive speedo ... that's essentially where firmware releases come in and Orion has already come out with a couple - with dedicated ones for spec and mod racing. Personally i'm hoping that's true, but i'll only find out when i actually get to run mine ... Saturday will be "D-Day" for me. yahooo!!!

... And yes, the new hw will likely be similar to the current r10. smaller package/dimensions. ika nga ni voodoo, likely pina-una lang nila orion before releasing their own as part of some arrangement.

kaya, abangan natin ... exciting!

as for wes, it's all in his head ... just like the 417X! ano nga ba difference wes? hahahaha

SABADO NA BA??!?!!?? ANG TAGAL!!!
Yahoo club race na this sat.

@wes, OO nga ano ba talaga difference ng 417? hahahahahaha
Old 03-06-2012, 06:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default motor cooling

For those who burn their BL motors, up to 20 deg better the double fan/heatsink combo.

http://www.tcscooling.com/index.html
Attached Thumbnails Electric Touring / On-Road RC-tcs.jpg  
Old 03-06-2012, 07:45 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by cocojam
For those who burn their BL motors, up to 20 deg better the double fan/heatsink combo.

@cocojam: are you implying wes should get this??? wahahahhaha but yeah, saw that mini "radiator" a while back. nifty technology actually. kaso too complex to add onto the whole set of electronics and wires that are already on a modern day touring car .... and probably extra weight kaya siguro wala masyado nag catch on. but you gotta love the concept. another cheaper way to cool your motors down is just solder on your fan leads to the battery ports in your esc so you get more air volume to cool down your motors. cheaper too. and of course, nothing better than a great spot on gearing and esc setting to keep things nice and cool ... easier said than done though unfortunately ...

playing this saturday? tara!
Old 03-06-2012, 08:57 PM
Tech Master

@cocojam: are you implying wes should get this??? wahahahhaha but yeah, saw that mini "radiator" a while back. nifty technology actually. kaso too complex to add onto the whole set of electronics and wires that are already on a modern day touring car .... and probably extra weight kaya siguro wala masyado nag catch on. but you gotta love the concept. another cheaper way to cool your motors down is just solder on your fan leads to the battery ports in your esc so you get more air volume to cool down your motors. cheaper too. and of course, nothing better than a great spot on gearing and esc setting to keep things nice and cool ... easier said than done though unfortunately ...

playing this saturday? tara!
@Robo: I like the concept since its something new which we can toy around with. Additional weight is less than 50 grams for the radiator, micro pump, and motor cooler. But developer is UK based where ambient track temp is much lower than ours so baka much less than 20 deg ang benefits dito sa atin. The other thing that can be done is put the fan sa radiator. Anyway, I dont think I will be willing to part with US$180 just for this. Sorry, cant make it this sat due to an office event.

Wes, bibilis ka pa dito if the test results of this "mini radiator" is to be relied on. Lalo na ngayon ang lakas ng esc mo daw e.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:33 PM
Tech Champion

@cocojam: yup, 50 grams is quite a lot and can throw your car's balance off especially with the motor plate insert which also offsets the motor more outboard. back then maybe not that big an issue coz at the time this came out, NiMHs were still widely used. but yeah, cool to see a radiator in a 1/10 rc car - pretty cool thing to play around with. kaka-aliw. kaso yun nga ... bigat sa bulsa!

.... anyway, sayang wala kayo on saturday. next time then. week after next summer na ulit! you know what that means ... malapit na shootout! pagpa-planuhan na natin yan. will just have to iron out details and stuff with some peeps.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cocojam

it looks baws...
Old 03-07-2012, 01:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Coco, ayos yan technology.

Attached is the cooling tech used by Taka in TITC.

The winner, Meen, used 3 fans (1 behind servo, 1 esc, 1 motor).
Attached Thumbnails Electric Touring / On-Road RC-titc-2012-018.jpg  
Old 03-07-2012, 08:32 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rccartips
Coco, ayos yan technology.

Attached is the cooling tech used by Taka in TITC.

The winner, Meen, used 3 fans (1 behind servo, 1 esc, 1 motor).
Ano yun cloth na nakabalot sa motor?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.