Electric Touring / On-Road RC

Like Tree1Likes

Electric Touring / On-Road RC

Old 01-25-2012, 10:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by politpot
hello po mga sir

i am new to electric rc and i have an xray t3 kit, i used speed passion grandturismo 2.0 esc with 3.5t and 4.0t motor.. now i am not sure what type of lipo battery to use? okay lang po ba ung zwe na 5000mah 35c? or mag Mimh nalang po? patulong po and is it safe to charge this kind of lipo without the balancer for once in a while?

cyncya na daming inquiry bago po kasi lahat from solid of roader to onroad
whoa! that's a lot of motor for a "beginner"! even the "on road veterans" are only running a 6T or a 5T motor for mod...
Old 01-25-2012, 11:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by politpot
hello po mga sir

i am new to electric rc and i have an xray t3 kit, i used speed passion grandturismo 2.0 esc with 3.5t and 4.0t motor.. now i am not sure what type of lipo battery to use? okay lang po ba ung zwe na 5000mah 35c? or mag Mimh nalang po? patulong po and is it safe to charge this kind of lipo without the balancer for once in a while?

cyncya na daming inquiry bago po kasi lahat from solid of roader to onroad
You should be fine with 35c packs provided they're in good condition. You should have enough capacity anyway at 5000mah. And since you plan to run a low wind mod, 35c should be better actually as the higher C rating packs will diliver more power and punch making it a challenge to drive consistently. Come on over the the track and the on road guys will surely help you out.
Old 01-26-2012, 02:35 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

wow ang kumplicado po pla ng mga battery sa lipo ... i dont intend to race i just want a free run with my kit and to maximize the power.. pacncya na po wala kasi akong mapag tanungan dito samin, since we are all using nitro's..

to sir cocojam are you recommending me to use a 60c batt? awww im confused po, would that mean, it can give a better power to my over all package and little time to play?....waaaaaaaaaa, on a race track like Melzo i can see the electric guys hitting the straight lines to 110-120kph not even lamberto picco can match on his 1/8 nitro.. so in this example 60c for a power punch or still depends on the Mah of the battery?

anyway salamat po sa mga sagot.. im really just new to world of electric, brush-less, etc....
Old 01-26-2012, 02:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

hi guys, i have a quick question for the vets here... which is better for tuning option? (assuming you can achieve similar speeds)

lower FDR or higher boost? I appreciate opinions

im thinking of lowering fdr to achieve a smoother feeling car on the beginning of the sweeper. but tuning down the boost and turbo setting to monitor temps.
i'm at 6.9fdr with 30 and 12 boost just to keep up. (i go until 202degress if i run down my battery - the motor takes it like a champ!)

I have a hbbywing 2.1 120amps and an x12 combo... (please dont say buy another motor or esc) hehehe hindi ko pa kaya spending power nila godfather at stepfather... peace step and wes!
Old 01-26-2012, 02:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tmomedrano
hi guys, i have a quick question for the vets here... which is better for tuning option? (assuming you can achieve similar speeds)

lower FDR or higher boost? I appreciate opinions

im thinking of lowering fdr to achieve a smoother feeling car on the beginning of the sweeper. but tuning down the boost and turbo setting to monitor temps.
i'm at 6.9fdr with 30 and 12 boost just to keep up. (i go until 202degress if i run down my battery - the motor takes it like a champ!)

I have a hbbywing 2.1 120amps and an x12 combo... (please dont say buy another motor or esc) hehehe hindi ko pa kaya spending power nila godfather at stepfather... peace step and wes!

not a veteran but...

adjust gearing (fdr) and timing for the infield

then

adjust turbo timing for the backstraight
Old 01-26-2012, 04:07 AM
Tech Adept

When it comes to FDR versus boost this I think there isn't a clear cut way of determining which is better at the moment.
A simple way is to check your lap times. The stopwatch is the best gauge. Sometimes the feel of the smooth control a lower FDR value will provide is actually slower on the clock. The opposite can also be true where you go with the high FDR value with high boost setting, this setting feels fast but your lines suffer a bit since the car becomes less smooth during acceleration and good racing lines are more difficult to achieve.

FDR will also affect the drag break setting you are running so you will need to adjust accordingly.

Your driving style and track conditions will also favor one or the other as well.

Experiment and you will find something that is best for you.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Chow chow?

Old 01-27-2012, 01:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

kuya ni princess amidala?
Old 01-27-2012, 08:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Old 01-30-2012, 10:56 PM
Tech Champion

!!!CLUB RACE ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

Given a good number of our on-roaders will be participating in the out-of-town leg (in Baguio City) of the TAC qualifiers, and the rechargeable transponders will also not be available, we will make our Feb. 4 (Saturday) club race into a practice session instead.

We can still run mock heats and open timed runs using the AMB system at the track but this will require the use of Personal Transponders (PT). Others may of course still join in even without PTs. Regular track fees will apply instead of club race rates.

The Feb 11 Club Race will proceed as scheduled with regular club race format.

See you guys at the track!!!
Old 02-01-2012, 11:04 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by ROBORAT
!!!CLUB RACE ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

Given a good number of our on-roaders will be participating in the out-of-town leg (in Baguio City) of the TAC qualifiers, and the rechargeable transponders will also not be available, we will make our Feb. 4 (Saturday) club race into a practice session instead.

We can still run mock heats and open timed runs using the AMB system at the track but this will require the use of Personal Transponders (PT). Others may of course still join in even without PTs. Regular track fees will apply instead of club race rates.

The Feb 11 Club Race will proceed as scheduled with regular club race format.

See you guys at the track!!!
Sorry for the last minute change but, for this Saturday there will not be any Club Race or Timed Practice Sessions as the entire AMB system will be unavailable. Apologies for this. To simplify things, we'll just stick to having our next Club Race on Feb 11th instead.

Track will of course be open for regular practice.
Old 02-06-2012, 11:25 PM
Tech Elite

guess who joined HB...
Old 02-07-2012, 05:30 AM
Tech Champion

This Saturday ...
February 11, 2011 ...
@JP Raceway ...
Will not be just another Club Race ...
Trophies will be awarded ...
Food will be served ...
The pits will be bustling ...
The racing will be fast and furious ...
You won't wanna be one of those who wasn't there ...

Get Ready for ...

THE DE LEON-ALDABA BIRTHDAY RACE!!!
(aka The Stephen Aldaba or Noel De Leon Cup )

Come join us as we celebrate with our R/C brothers as they celebrate another birth anniversary with pure R/C fun! The birthday boys want you there!

Race Classes (Open Class Rules):
Open Modified (below 10.5T motors)
Super Stock (13.5)
Novice (Silver Can)

To make things special, Noel and Stephen be awarding the the winners of each class the following:
A-Main Podium (1-2-3) - Trophies
A-Main Super Stock (1-2-3) - Trophies
B-Main Super Stock (1st) - Medal
A-Main Novice (1-2-3) - Medals

And no celebration is ever complete without some grub! So to add to the festivities, merienda will be served!!!

Race Starts at 2:30pm, regular club race fees apply.

SPREAD THE WORD! .... BE THERE!!!!

Last edited by ROBORAT; 02-07-2012 at 05:51 AM.
Old 02-07-2012, 06:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCManila
Chow chow?

Magbi-birthday ka pala kapatid!

Takbo kaya ako sa Saturday!
Old 02-07-2012, 12:33 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Aluminum 12mm hex rc rims..

Has anyone ever used aluminum rc rims made by Dongguan Qiying Precision Hardware Products Co., Ltd.

i'm haveing trouble finding the specs on them or even some comments since i dont know any chinese folks.. look perfect for some foams, but dunno how wide the rims are.. has anyone ever used these???

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.