Electric Touring / On-Road RC >

Electric Touring / On-Road RC

Like Tree1Likes

Electric Touring / On-Road RC

Old 02-26-2011, 04:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rccartips
Good luck Mickey. Looking forward to your next pose.
hahaha thanks! I think I should have just modeled instead of raced. Heats today were horrible - my car was turned into a pingpong ball. Apparently, the drivers in the lower heats don't know how to do a courtesy pass. Oh well. Even missed my 2nd heat today!

Leche! Pero okay lang. Might play at the track on monday para sulit byahe!
Old 02-26-2011, 06:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Final Quali standings:

Mini Class:
Toytoy: 8th, B-Main
(Atsushi Hara: 6th, B-Main, M05)

FF Class:
Toytoy: 4th, C-Main
Mikey: Pole, D-Main

F1 Class:
Raymond: 9th (1 main, 1 15min run only)

Brushless Class (13.5 No Boost)
Garet: 3rd, C-Main
Toytoy: 8th, C-Main

Open Brushless Class (11.5 Open ESC)
Gerry: 5th, E-Main
Mikey: 8th, G-Main

Open Modified Class:
Domeng: 6th, D-Main
Old 02-26-2011, 07:20 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mikeygar
My ass made famous by the TITC photographer! hahaha!

GUYS you have to go next year pare SOLID yung experience and we're not even at the racing day yet! The track is great, traction rolling is a constant problem against a good clean run the first qualifying day, but better now. Track is very tight. The inside of the track is around 2/3rds of what we're used to in JP. Some sections 1/3rd the width!!! The only way to go around this track is without error, and it's very easy to make mistakes or go over a berm too fast and fly onto the other lane.

Quick update on the positions of the guys after 4 rounds of qualifying:

Modified
Taka: 28th out of 60 in mod. Driving very clean and consistent, but had problem with a backmarker in Q4

Open Brushless 11.5 (Q4 results)
Gerry: 23rd out of 127. Was able to do 18 5:17.68. Great run, very smooth and fast

Myself: 52nd out of 127. 17 laps 5:15.23. Still very slow, TQ for Q4 did 19 laps so still alot of work to do. Need to be more aggressive attacking corners!

FF:
Myself: 32nd out of 49. Not good, traction rolling everywhere. Switched from ball to gear diff with 100k oil and got even slower. Didn't have any clean runs. Several times was upside down for more than 15 seconds. Suddenly I miss Dexter, Mike and Ramil!!!

Tutoy: 27th out of 49, was able to pull off good, clean runs. His car looks good and is very stable.

Tomorrow is the last day of qualifying - bahala na. Will driver as hard as I can to improve my position, but have already hit my goal in 11.5 to be in the upper half. We'll see how things go!
charge them for royalty.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Voodoo:

Nandito ka ba pare? Mas alam mo pa standings namin! actually, didn't really care to look anymore because of my crappy run today, tapos I missed pa the first minute of my 2nd run!

Where'd you get the pics btw?
Old 02-26-2011, 07:52 AM
Tech Elite

Voodoo:

Nandito ka ba pare? Mas alam mo pa standings namin! actually, didn't really care to look anymore because of my crappy run today, tapos I missed pa the first minute of my 2nd run!

Where'd you get the pics btw?

hehehehe... wish i was

everything from the titc website (pix and standings)
Old 02-26-2011, 07:58 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Chassis Question

Hi to all

I recently purchased a kit second hand RTR

im genuine noob when it comes to RC cars and i got one in hope i can try out RC drifting...

my question is

The kit I bought was labelled as a TB-03D semi hopped-up

however yesterday i dropped by Lil's with my Kit

What they said was the kit wasnt a TB-03D however it was a Tamiya EVO III

I Feel mislead by the seller as i was thinking all this time a had a TB03

What are the main differences and from what i can gather the evo 3 is a limited edition chassis labeled surikarn or something

basically is the Evo3 a higher and more expensive model than the tb03?

please confirm this for me masters
Old 02-26-2011, 08:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default TB 03

Originally Posted by red_elle07
Hi to all

I recently purchased a kit second hand RTR

im genuine noob when it comes to RC cars and i got one in hope i can try out RC drifting...

my question is

The kit I bought was labelled as a TB-03D semi hopped-up

however yesterday i dropped by Lil's with my Kit

What they said was the kit wasnt a TB-03D however it was a Tamiya EVO III

I Feel mislead by the seller as i was thinking all this time a had a TB03

What are the main differences and from what i can gather the evo 3 is a limited edition chassis labeled surikarn or something

basically is the Evo3 a higher and more expensive model than the tb03?

please confirm this for me masters
Main difference is the carbon reinforced plastic tub chassis on a TB03d and what you got is a TB Evo 3 carbon graphite chassis.

Yes it is basically a higher more expensive model, only prob is, harder to look for parts nowadays, but there's always www.

Old 02-26-2011, 08:28 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default titc

Congrats to titc boys. Im sure you addicts had a blast playing with the best of the best. Hope i can go with you next year. Enjoy
Old 02-26-2011, 09:05 PM
Tech Rookie

Default :D

@plumber

Thanks for the headsup man

yeah. I was wondering as well as the Kit i have is already carbon fiber all over as well as the suspension brackets being already alums.

so it is an TB Evo3!

uhm The kit was RTR at 5.8k (no body shell) came with a 75mhz jrracing radio. Basic electronics though and the batts that came with it are Ni-CD

was that ok for the price?
Old 02-26-2011, 09:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

@red_elle : You should be seeing red....

red aluminum bits if that is a true surikarn tb-evo 3.The top deck should be fastened on aluminum mounts at both ends, the motor mount should be red aluminum. Servo braces, hex wheel adapters and spur gear holder should be red aluminum. Propeller shaft and suspension arm mounts should be red aluminum also. If you open the front diff case you should see a red aluminum one way diff unit with carbon fiber disc supporting the diff gear. Upper and lower chassis plates should be carbon fiber.

If this is not so, you may want to post the seller's handle / contact details at the feedback thread so other potential buyers would be warned.

Evo3 is higher end than TB03 but since the tb03 is based on the evo5, the tb03 may be considered at par with the Evo3. Plan on stock plenty of diff gear especially the front diff since that is the weakest point of the Evo3.
Old 02-26-2011, 09:22 PM
Tech Rookie

I doubt that this one is a surikarn

Yes its carbon fiber nut no red stuff here. all of the alum parts i have are light blue, at a glance its just a normal Evo3

This kit was purchased along S*lit.com so cant do that now.

kewl. i have some 2 extra Diff gears that came along the package. even the tranny housing can be replaced any time they wish not to cooperate.

thanks bro that cured my insecurity i was just about to say " argh i got scammed"

Uhm anyone know where to drift near south manila area? like makati or somewhere along edsa.
Old 02-27-2011, 02:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Congrats sa mga racers.
Old 02-27-2011, 04:00 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by red_elle07
I doubt that this one is a surikarn

Yes its carbon fiber nut no red stuff here. all of the alum parts i have are light blue, at a glance its just a normal Evo3

This kit was purchased along S*lit.com so cant do that now.

kewl. i have some 2 extra Diff gears that came along the package. even the tranny housing can be replaced any time they wish not to cooperate.

thanks bro that cured my insecurity i was just about to say " argh i got scammed"

Uhm anyone know where to drift near south manila area? like makati or somewhere along edsa.
not sure where the drift meets are nowadays... i heard that the track at parksquare in makati is closed already (someone pls confirm this please). you might want to check with the local drifters at the PRCD forum as most of the guys on this thread are more into electric touring car/on-road racing...
Old 02-28-2011, 10:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

My ass made famous by the TITC photographer! hahaha!

GUYS you have to go next year pare SOLID yung experience and we're not even at the racing day yet! The track is great, traction rolling is a constant problem against a good clean run the first qualifying day, but better now. Track is very tight. The inside of the track is around 2/3rds of what we're used to in JP. Some sections 1/3rd the width!!! The only way to go around this track is without error, and it's very easy to make mistakes or go over a berm too fast and fly onto the other lane.

Quick update on the positions of the guys after 4 rounds of qualifying:

Modified
Taka: 28th out of 60 in mod. Driving very clean and consistent, but had problem with a backmarker in Q4

Open Brushless 11.5 (Q4 results)
Gerry: 23rd out of 127. Was able to do 18 5:17.68. Great run, very smooth and fast

Myself: 52nd out of 127. 17 laps 5:15.23. Still very slow, TQ for Q4 did 19 laps so still alot of work to do. Need to be more aggressive attacking corners!

FF:
Myself: 32nd out of 49. Not good, traction rolling everywhere. Switched from ball to gear diff with 100k oil and got even slower. Didn't have any clean runs. Several times was upside down for more than 15 seconds. Suddenly I miss Dexter, Mike and Ramil!!!

Tutoy: 27th out of 49, was able to pull off good, clean runs. His car looks good and is very stable.

Tomorrow is the last day of qualifying - bahala na. Will driver as hard as I can to improve my position, but have already hit my goal in 11.5 to be in the upper half. We'll see how things go!
Yet another testimonial from a first timer at this event that the TITC experience is something each racer should experience! It is by far the best international race in the region as evidenced by the yearly attendance of the best racers in the world ... not ALL of them, but A LOT of them! No less than ALL the past IFMAR Touring Car World Champions were present - Moore, Rheinnard, Hara and Surikharn! Thrown in other greats like Jilles, Wilck, Adachi, Meen, etc and this is the race to be in! Best racing you'll ever get to see up close and personal plus so many stuff to learn about electronics (you'll be surprised how hara sets his tekin), set up, driving, etc .... KAYA ngayon pa lang, block of Feb next year for TITC 2012! Sama na mga kapatid! Practice na tayo the rest of this year sa JP! Lets hone our driving even more!

THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR ALL THE ENCOURAGEMENT! NEXT YEAR, SAMA SAMA TAYO SA LIGAYA!

@mikey: pagandahin mo naman ng konti resulta .... 11.5 had 172 entries, not just 127! Biggest class of the event. So we did ok i guess ... not great, lotsa of disappointments, surely could have done much better. Q5 and Q6 were just killer ... literally! Kuyugan to the max! instead of imprvoving, lumala pa! booooo!!! But track time is key. Next year we have to go a day or two before to get practice. Hirap talaga na pag dating sabak agad sa qualifying Pero regardless, SOLID pa rin! .... Sarap na babablik-balikan! hehehe TITC 2012, here we come!
Old 02-28-2011, 11:06 PM
Tech Elite

welcome back boyz!

peetyurs and beejos plz!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.