Electric Touring / On-Road RC >

Electric Touring / On-Road RC

Like Tree1Likes

Electric Touring / On-Road RC

Old 07-11-2010, 05:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rough512
Robo : if we remove the sensor wire, can we use the HW XErun? I understand the boost function is only available for sensored BL systems(?)
Originally Posted by mikeygar
Ran the Xerun on my xevo last Saturday with the V1.0 spec firmware (no boost). Ran a bit slower than the other ESCs but was still competitive. Came in 3rd

If you run it sensorless, it'll run slow, run like crap and it'll cog. I used to run my sensorless mamba max (1st gen), and to be at the same speed as a sport tuned, had to use a 24 pinion.

With the program box, it's easy to scrutineer the ESCs since firmware version is shown on startup
rough/mikey: If i make the exception of allowing the xerun used without a sensor wire, then i will have to do the same for tekin users... To be quite honest, part of the intention of the rules posted is also to make it as simple and straight forward as possible - eliminating as many of the IFs and BUTs as much as possible. Also not so long ago there was already a debate about what motors/escs to use for open mini and what was always discussed were options like 1) no boost (with tekin being a special mention), 2) Sport tuned only, 3) Sport tuned and HW EasyRun only, 4) 13.5 with Sport tuned, etc etc etc ... and partly the discussions revolved also around what majority of the racers were already accustomed to using at that time. noted things have changed since then and more so with the entry of the very affordable XERun (ain't it wonderful? hehe). But since we want to keep the speeds at decent levels for this class - boost will definitely be out. As for your request, let me think about it a bit get back to you. Hope thats ok.

mikey: I have no intentions of plugging into any external programming box or device during inspections. Our races do not involve dedicated people in a tech booth who are focused on and trained to do just scruteneering. As you know, racers run our races (unpaid, compensated by only being able to have races to join as well) who also race during these events so the more straightforward and simple the inspection process is, the better. So as "easy" as it seems to plug in an esc into a little black box to check a software version, it's yet another step to do which we'd like to avoid.... the suggestion of running without a sensor wire is actually more acceptable in that it's a quick eyeball process to do (hence why i will think through that suggestion). Unless we have at least one or two people willing to step up and volunteer to do the scutineering with this additional step of checking software versions in place, lets just keep it as simple as possible please. That's also another reason why the rules are crafted as such .... hope you understand.

Last edited by ROBORAT; 07-11-2010 at 05:58 PM.
Old 07-11-2010, 06:05 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by cocojam
Yehey, this is something to look forward too again!!
cocojam: definitely! hope you join! good to see you finally running your mini at last satruday's club race!

Originally Posted by Bandit1
Sir Robo, yayain mo lahat ng taga Nueva Ecija para lalong mas madami! pati narin sila Doki, Bam, Jon! naloko na sa MTB!
bandit: aba, mtb? maalok nga sila! hahaha ... sige, post ko na rin yung race announcement sa isang thread. ikaw? sali ka!
Old 07-11-2010, 06:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ROBORAT
cocojam: definitely! hope you join! good to see you finally running your mini at last satruday's club race!

bandit: aba, mtb? maalok nga sila! hahaha ... sige, post ko na rin yung race announcement sa isang thread. ikaw? sali ka!
naka pin na sa calendaryo ko hahaha, ngayon sir wala kana makikitang tumataob na mini! hehehe pero sana walang music na malumanay! hahaha
Old 07-11-2010, 08:19 PM
Tech Addict

Ayos! I hope there's a special prize for Most Spectacular Crashes, or Most Spinouts on the Straight! Maybe I should keep my Junkyard Dog mini body on.
Old 07-11-2010, 10:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

robo, no problem, though am willing to volunteer to help scrutineer i have a program box and always have my laptop naman so if you'll allow, then i'll step up. If not, then okay lang din, will just have to make do with another esc

For those with HWs that already have the upgraded software, I can volunteer to downgrade the firmware to stock for the race. We can do this upon race registration, to check what ESC is being used, and upon identification of HW users, then I can have them line up for verification/downgrading to keep things fair.

On a side note, as far as the tekins go, only the unreleased v208 has the stock profile, indicated by a flashing LED in neutral, that'll be a bit harder to check and verify visually without plugging in to a PC since the lights can be confusing sometimes.

For the Hobbywing XEruns - there is no indicator light that the stock software is loaded, the only way to check is really to plug into the program box

just let me know if you'll allow or not
Old 07-11-2010, 11:00 PM
Tech Champion

mikey: thanks for volunteering, but just to be clear, scrutineering is not just before we start the race but actually after every heat is run. it cant be a one time thing before the race proper gets underway because others with a programing box can easily revert back to newer software .... just as easily as it is to downgrade. if someone known to be impartial can do that check for every racer running the xerun then that might be something worth considering.

on the tekin, it will actually be easier because of the LED flash pattern.... you wont need plug into a laptop to check. But, unfortunately the v208 is not yet out so thats a moot point unless it is made available before Aug 7th.
Old 07-12-2010, 01:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

no problem doing the scrutineering immediately after every heat I'll be glad to do it
Old 07-12-2010, 07:27 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Wow! Dami na post, tagal ko na hindi basa dito ah...meron na Mini Shootout!! Shiet! Kaingit!

Meron na din ulit sorex sa pitshop! Ang gulo talaga! Sino na ba talaga may hawak ng mga brands dyan?! Update naman!!!

Makikisingit lang...why not stick to the rules and not use ESC without boost? Diba kayo din naman ang nag request na "No Boost ESC" ang gamitin sa mini? Para hindi urung sulong
Opinion ko lang naman yan...
Old 07-12-2010, 08:15 AM
Tech Elite

Ayun o! Mini Shootout! Sarap nyan.

RCManila: Musta negosyo chief? Na-setup na ba?

Old 07-12-2010, 09:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCManila
Wow! Dami na post, tagal ko na hindi basa dito ah...meron na Mini Shootout!! Shiet! Kaingit!

Meron na din ulit sorex sa pitshop! Ang gulo talaga! Sino na ba talaga may hawak ng mga brands dyan?! Update naman!!!

Makikisingit lang...why not stick to the rules and not use ESC without boost? Diba kayo din naman ang nag request na "No Boost ESC" ang gamitin sa mini? Para hindi urung sulong
Opinion ko lang naman yan...
Musta na Mitch? We missed you in yesterdays race in Mega. Will be in Cebu on the 19th overnight lang tapos Iloilo Tuesday morning. Will text you once Im there. Regards bro.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:11 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

mga sir saan po makakabili ng sweep na tires?
Old 07-12-2010, 09:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...ed-timing.html
Old 07-12-2010, 09:29 AM
Tech Elite

Makikisingit lang...why not stick to the rules and not use ESC without boost?
Old 07-12-2010, 09:45 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maddafunker
Ayun o! Mini Shootout! Sarap nyan.

RCManila: Musta negosyo chief? Na-setup na ba?

Onga sarap yan...tsk! kaka-miss!!

Still under construction pa pare Kamusta na?

Originally Posted by cocojam
Musta na Mitch? We missed you in yesterdays race in Mega. Will be in Cebu on the 19th overnight lang tapos Iloilo Tuesday morning. Will text you once Im there. Regards bro.
Ok lang po. Sige, text lang when you're here...hopefully we can meet.

Originally Posted by Bandit1
mga sir saan po makakabili ng sweep na tires?
For mini sa ngayon online pa lang...siguro magkaruon na yan soon sa LHS sa Manila.

Wala naman timing advance ang LRP TC Spec.
SPX or SXX Stock Spec meron.

Originally Posted by rough512
bakit?
Old 07-12-2010, 09:51 AM
Tech Elite

bakit?
"not use ESC without boost" = "use ESC with boost"

why not stick to the rules and use ESC with boost?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.