Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Manila Racers
Electric Touring / On-Road RC >

Electric Touring / On-Road RC

Like Tree1Likes

Electric Touring / On-Road RC

Old 06-21-2010, 09:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

@pointforward - okay lang yon dude, I'm pretty sure all you had to do was to reverse the throttle setting on the radio

At least it wasn't painful. Painful is when you find out how to release the magic smoke from your electronics good thing when I did, it was with a cheap ESC and receiver
Old 06-22-2010, 11:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (89%+)

Originally Posted by pointforward
Thanks Bro!

Problem solved. Solution was actually very simple. Another stupid newbie mistake. Too embarrassing to post....

Thanks again!

no worries bro. we all make mistakes when we started out in this hobby. part of the learning curve. if you got any more problems, just ask away here.
Old 06-22-2010, 06:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

JPRacing: Happy trip bossing!! Don't forget to washy washy
Old 06-22-2010, 06:24 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mikeygar
@pointforward - okay lang yon dude, I'm pretty sure all you had to do was to reverse the throttle setting on the radio

At least it wasn't painful. Painful is when you find out how to release the magic smoke from your electronics good thing when I did, it was with a cheap ESC and receiver
Actually mas engot pa than that: just had to switch the connections to the ESC.

colors didn't match kasi.

What's a decent amount of laps to do in 5 minutes? I was at JP last night and did one run where i completed almost 14 laps using the TA05 with a silver can.
Old 06-22-2010, 06:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (89%+)

Actually mas engot pa than that: just had to switch the connections to the ESC.

colors didn't match kasi.

What's a decent amount of laps to do in 5 minutes? I was at JP last night and did one run where i completed almost 14 laps using the TA05 with a silver can.

normally even if the colors did not quite match, a good rule of thumb for wiring is:

POSITIVE: (Light colors, Warm colors) Red, Yellow, Neon Pink, Pink

NEGATIVE: (Dark colors, Cool colors) Black, Green, Neon Green, Blue

(and for some reason, some rc items has red for positive and white for negative!)

14 Laps in 5 mins for a TA05 with silvercan... thats a good starting point. the fastest runs on silvercan touring cars i believe was somewhere in the neighborhood of 15-18 laps. you just need to either find more speed in your car, improve the handling, or adjust your lines around the track.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mikeygar

Talking about magic smoke I was practicing my mini in JP about a month ago when it started to sputter until it came to a complete stop right in front of the drivers stand. The said magic smoke was coming out underneath and later on followed by the more dreadful magic fire . My esc was toast mainly because my braking and reverse setting on the new tx i was using was not set up properly. Similar to Sir Pointforward, the reverse would come in straight when I push the tx trigger. Good thing it was a cheap esc as well
Old 06-23-2010, 05:58 AM
Tech Initiate

guys, what time may mga nagprapractice sa jp racing? manonood lang muna ako. want to go to check out the cars you guys run and setups you do, before buying anymore parts, baka masayang lang kasi. been into r/c since grade school but stock parking lot basher lang mga use ng kits ko, M01 and TA02 tamiya yun nabili ko noon, and completely stock, walang ball bearings or esc, walang pera then hehe. just recently got back sa r/c, daming pwede na gawin sa kits ngayon compared dati, napabili tuloy sa mga porma and light accessories hehe.
Old 06-23-2010, 07:32 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default TLP charger

Is TLP charger good? I'm referring to the only charger for sale in Lil's Hobby shop in parksquare.
Old 06-23-2010, 07:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Adr1an
Is TLP charger good? I'm referring to the only charger for sale in Lil's Hobby shop in parksquare.
Not sure about the TLP. If you're looking for charger, get one of the new cheap china-made charger capable of charging Li-Polymers, Ni-CD, Ni-MH and even lead-acid. There are so many floating around in the Buy and Sell thread.
Old 06-23-2010, 08:36 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
208 is right around the corner. It will have the new spec software, stronger brakes as well as a few other improvements we're not talking about yet.

Led's 12 67 can be one of two things. Either a bad motor or the esc. Hook that esc up to a known good brushless motor and see if it works properly.
v.208 malapit na!!

kakamiss pakshet!
Old 06-23-2010, 09:56 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rough512
Not sure about the TLP. If you're looking for charger, get one of the new cheap china-made charger capable of charging Li-Polymers, Ni-CD, Ni-MH and even lead-acid. There are so many floating around in the Buy and Sell thread.
Speaking of Ni-Cd and Ni-Mh, should you discharge them after EVERY use? Paano pag race day and you don't have the time?
Old 06-23-2010, 10:02 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Tommi Makkinen
normally even if the colors did not quite match, a good rule of thumb for wiring is:

POSITIVE: (Light colors, Warm colors) Red, Yellow, Neon Pink, Pink

NEGATIVE: (Dark colors, Cool colors) Black, Green, Neon Green, Blue

(and for some reason, some rc items has red for positive and white for negative!)

14 Laps in 5 mins for a TA05 with silvercan... thats a good starting point. the fastest runs on silvercan touring cars i believe was somewhere in the neighborhood of 15-18 laps. you just need to either find more speed in your car, improve the handling, or adjust your lines around the track.
Kaya pala...I'm conditioned to think that blue is always POSITIVE and green is always NEGATIVE!

Salamat sa encouragement. Yep, my car was always drifting to the left (beyond what the trim could compensate for), so made some adjustments to the arm from the servo to the steering assembly. Tighter lines and bawas semplang should be my next objective.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Store nicads discharged. If assembled side by side, it may be beneficial to discharge them to 0volts per cell

With Ni-MH the usual practice was to discharge them to .9 volts per cell then charge for around 500 seconds prior to storage. 2 days before raceday, discharge/equalize to .9v per cell (some discharge down to 0volts per cell). Leave till raceday. Raceday, charge and race. Some racers felt that the packs are punchier on the second cycle for the day.

Of course racers have their own secret routines. This was what I used to do. Some people even store their packs inside pyramids
Old 06-23-2010, 04:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Speaking of Ni-Cd and Ni-Mh, should you discharge them after EVERY use? Paano pag race day and you don't have the time?
You'll need about three packs kung nicad or nimh for a race to keep up. And maybe two chargers! Too many things going on on their charging/ discharging routine, as rough mentioned.

Forget these battery types and use lipo. You can do with one hi capacity battery for the whole race, lalo na sa silvercan. Isa lang pati iisipin mo sa lipo, and thats not to over discharge the pack.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:24 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Mark Flores
You'll need about three packs kung nicad or nimh for a race to keep up. And maybe two chargers! Too many things going on on their charging/ discharging routine, as rough mentioned.

Forget these battery types and use lipo. You can do with one hi capacity battery for the whole race, lalo na sa silvercan. Isa lang pati iisipin mo sa lipo, and thats not to over discharge the pack.
Thanks Mark! Where can you get the LiPo na rounded yung sides that you use for your Mini? What brand/specs work best for brushless and silver cans?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.