Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Manila Racers
Electric Touring / On-Road RC >

Electric Touring / On-Road RC

Like Tree1Likes

Electric Touring / On-Road RC

Old 07-18-2004, 07:48 AM
Tech Addict

SATURDAY MORNING:
9am (at home): i woke up (meaning my spirit is awake but the body is still in deep slumber), i opened my left eye a little bit to see how the weather was like. it was a little shady than normal. i rubbed my eyes vigorously for it might just be muta lang...pero hindi. there was sunlight but it wasn't the sunlight that i was expecting on a saturday morning. before i could get up, i was attacked by a very strong feeling of heaviness in my eyes. there was nothing i could do but succumb to the wishes of my attacker.

10:30am (at home): i woke up (again with the same meaning), still with the same weather phenomena that i described at around 9am. this time, sheer determination overcomed the heavy eyes that was getting in the way of my quest to get a 24 lapper at capitol speedway.

11:30am (at home): i was now downstairs, i opened up the gate and started my journey to capitol for the much coveted 24 lap record that only 2 guys in the philippines hold! can u imagine that! out of over 50million filipinos, only 2 holds that record and i can be one of them! maybe not in the near future...heck maybe not in a million years or in another lifetime... but still, u never know! hope guyz, there's always hope!

12noon (on the road): still the same weather disturbance. there is sunshine but it is being covered once in a while by clouds.

BTW, did u know that from our house to capitol i passed thru 6 traffic lights! wala lang

12:10pm (capitol): arrived at capitol. went to the pit area. i was welcomed wholeheartedly by roborat and the guyz. i think he even reserved me a table beside him. i said to myself, boy, this guy sure is kind and a true friend. i was so touched that i could barely hold my tears! but before i could even sit and unpacked my stuff, he asked, "dala mo ba soldering iron mo?"

12:32:35pm (capitol): nasira yung V2 motor ni roborat. pero itago na lng natin sya sa pangalang "I Robot".

12:32:55pm (capitol): dark clouds formed what could be deciphered only as the letter L over "I Robot". (boy, these dark clouds are sure getting pretty fast these days!)

still, nobody knows what this letter L means.

12:42pm (capitol): after inspection of the motor by "I Robot" himself, he found out that it was broken. yun lang. di ko maintindihan kse yung sinabi nya e, pero tungkol yata sa winding na pumutok or nasunog. ang narinig ko lang ng malinaw e "Lemon" daw.

12:45pm (capitol): now i understood what the dark clouds on "I Robot" meant by the letter L!!! kala ko iba e, hehehe!

1pm (capitol): mang arrived. it rained.

Last edited by lmagnum; 07-18-2004 at 10:57 AM.
Old 07-18-2004, 08:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Lmagnum

Too bad it rained! Sayang I was not there to take a shower inthe rain with you!!!! Pero thanks pa din ako sa iyo----my daughter did not need transfusion and bilis ng recovery than usual! Salamat ulit sa referal mo!

So this means stock ulit tayo sa Saturday? And be early because, Scotty Ernst might be there on Saturday to race with us! This time may katapat ka mag English!

Isa pa: I was waiting for your name to be anouced as one of the finalist sa DJ search nila Brian G----- i guess di ka pumasa or di ka nag apply!

Have a great week everyone!!

Lem
Old 07-18-2004, 09:29 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Bad trip talaga! umulan na naman nung Saturday! intay na naman uli ng isang linggo bago makalaro.

Lem: Too bad walang karera this coming Saturday coz me lakad daw si Mang. Anyways, punta na rin tayo and possibly have some fun race minus the amb.

BLP/Robo: what u say guys?
Old 07-18-2004, 09:42 AM
Tech Elite

Default Barug

may race sa SUnday off road-- sali na!!!
May extra pala ako na hinahanap mo na motor clamp for TC3, like new! Text me how much you want to pay for it?

Last edited by lem2; 07-18-2004 at 09:48 AM.
Old 07-18-2004, 10:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
lem: parang gusto ko rin nga mag offroad kaya lang medyo malaki na naman investment for the kit and an extra esc. haay buhay, walang katapusan gastos. buti na lang my wife is not complaining.
Old 07-18-2004, 06:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Arrow ROAR NATS

Well, it's official! The US National Champion in Modified TC is a JAP! Harra wins easily the first two mains of the TC class to take home the ROAR Paved On-Road title. Looks like he's really trying to get the hang of running in US soil to prep for the Worlds. The nats this year was in a fast flowing track which is how the worlds track will be.

.... and it dosent end there! Hara also took the first 12th scale main after starting 3rd on the grid! Blackstock however took the 2nd main. So depending on who wins the 3rd main, we could also have Hara be the 12th scale champ! .... its almost funny! HAHAHA
Old 07-18-2004, 06:48 PM
Tech Master

ROBO - Sayang, I should have stayed na rin sana. Problem was, inantok ako ng husto when I decided to watch sila KURIPS and DARKMEAT play this new Marvel Card Game that they wanted me to tryout too. . . . . I guess they now know what my sentiments are as far as that game is concerned.

BSUPERMAN - So let me get this straight . . . . . L is for Loser when it's MANGPIT, L is for Lemon when its I-ROBOT, and L is for Libag when it DARKMENT, tama ba?

LEM2 & BARUG - No race sir this coming weekend. PITSHOP BOSS has an engagement to attend to. Same goes for ROBO. In my case, have work naman here at the office. Ang plano ni KURIPS at ni DARKMEAT is to borrow the AMB of MANGPIT, tapos sila daw ang magpapakarera . . . . kanila din syempre yung race fee.

BLP
Old 07-18-2004, 09:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Sino si Darkmeat?

parang dumadami mga alias sa Captiol ah. heheheh
Old 07-19-2004, 12:26 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by lmagnum
SATURDAY MORNING:

1pm (capitol): mang arrived. it rained.

ehhheheheh BIG L talaga kau ni mang
Old 07-19-2004, 01:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (98%+)

Napostpone yung engagement ko this saturday...
so kung ok ang weather... go pa rin this saturday!
Old 07-19-2004, 01:36 AM
Tech Master

PITSHOP BOSS - Ganun ba??? Inggit ako!!!! Specially since there's a chance na baka makalaro pa ninyo si TRACKSIDE.

. . . . . Just wanted to see lang kasi talaga how the more experienced foreigners read tracks and setup their rides.

BLP
Old 07-19-2004, 02:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

BLP: dont worry, you wont be alone. hehehe ... di ko rin makakalaro yung bisita natin na si scotty. oh well, it would have been fun. im only hoping that he will play again at capitol while he's here. aturday is really out of the question for moi! and the way the weather is shaping up, looks like there's a likelihood that i wont get to run in wednesday either! bummer! means next week na ulit ako pwede if ever. darn! im having withdrawal symptoms already! hehehehe .....

.... more on ROAR Nats. Surprise .... Hara won 12th scale as well. my money is on that guy for the worlds! although id really want to see AE bring it home with the TC3 so that they can give a fitting end to probably the best TC made.... then on to the TC4!
Old 07-19-2004, 04:50 AM
Tech Elite

Default ROBORAT

Originally posted by ROBORAT
darn! im having withdrawal symptoms already! hehehehe .....
Sali ka sa off road race on Sunday!!!!

BLP: ikaw din alam ko madami kang mga naka set up na cars na Tamiya for Rally!!!! SInce you can't play on Saturday then --SUNDAY!!!!!
Old 07-19-2004, 06:19 PM
Tech Initiate

This is too much....it's been raining everyday....just one weekend without rain please...
Old 07-19-2004, 06:38 PM
Tech Master

ROBO - Yup, 31 July ulit na lang ang sabak natin. Konswelo ko na lang is that I'm now almost sure that I'll be able to finish my heats kasi may motor na rin akong matino.

Btw, have you gone through BJ's Forum lately? . . . . Ang bait na ngayon nung mokong kapag makina nung pinagtratrabahuhan nya ang pinag-uusapan ngayon. Pinupuri pa nga nya yung pinakahuling labas nito na sinuka ng lahat ng gumamit dito sa bansa natin.

LEM2 - Concentrate na muna talaga ako sa TC sir. Have 2 laps more to go para naman maganda naman ang ranking ko class sa namin ni KURIPS. . . . Baka magkaroon na naman daw ng classification kasi according to age bracket eh. So, pinagbigyan ko na si KURIPS at sinamahan ko na sya duon sa Senior Class. If not kasi, dalawa lang daw sila duon ni MANG PETE (da original).

BLP

Last edited by joelt; 07-19-2004 at 06:46 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.