Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Manila Racers
Electric Touring / On-Road RC >

Electric Touring / On-Road RC

Like Tree1Likes

Electric Touring / On-Road RC

Old 06-16-2009, 11:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

PAPA KEN ...,REMEMBER THIS 8 YEARS AGO...NAKA BRUSHLESS PA YAN..HE HE HE 13.5 STILL RUNNING GOOD AT THE OCRC RACEWAY.....EVO 2
Attached Thumbnails Electric Touring / On-Road RC-tamiya-boat-002.jpg  
Old 06-17-2009, 01:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

POTA! Naloko ako dun ah!
Old 06-17-2009, 03:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

Congrats sa mga nanalo ng 2nd leg bmmer701 and tutoy.

@tutoy nasagot mo na yong tanung ko sayo last friday kung "maganda ba yan" you answer it, by winning. hehe
Old 06-17-2009, 04:50 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi RCMainla,

Thanks. Alex drove his socks off. At one time I thought he would manage top 5, but not to be. But I am still very proud of him at such a young age.

Keep up the nice hair cuts.

Regards,

michael.
Old 06-17-2009, 06:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mike and Alex
Hi RCMainla,

Thanks. Alex drove his socks off. At one time I thought he would manage top 5, but not to be. But I am still very proud of him at such a young age.

Regards,

michael.
congratulations on the win mike and alex!

does that mean we will be seeing alex by the end of this year on the podium in one of the many races featured/reported in www.redrc.net then?
Old 06-17-2009, 10:36 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mike and Alex
Hi RCMainla,

Regards,

michael.
congrats Mike and Alex
Old 06-17-2009, 07:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Congartulations Mike & Alex! keep us proud.
Old 06-20-2009, 09:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY TO ALL THE RC DADs!

... countdown begins for King of the Hill round 3! 6 days to go! Saturday, June 27!
Old 06-21-2009, 02:09 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

ROBORAT: Same to you pare!

Happy Fathers Day to All!!!
Old 06-21-2009, 07:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

belated happy father's day to the dads!
Old 06-21-2009, 07:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

King of the Hill Race Update #006 - Interview with Round 2 Mod Class winner Josh Castro:

(Photo courtesy of Geetoo - TAC 2008)

Rioters: When did you start in RC and how old where you then?

JC: I started running electric on-road in 2006 and I was 23 then. You could say I was in the median of the RC age-scale with the likes of Anton and Alfonso on one end and…um…a couple of the guys on the other.

Rioters: Guys such as?

JC: Um…you know…ah, the more senior guys that helped me a lot when I started in the hobby. They…ah…kinda define the other end of the spectrum. You know I’ve stuck to electric on-road ever since I started and my first “real” race was the 2006 Ride Series.

Rioters: Interesting. So how’d it feel to get your name on the trophy by winning the 2nd leg?

JC: Happy, definitely happy. And very, very lucky. Anyone of the guys on the grid with me that day could just as easily have beaten me. So luck I think had a lot to do with it.

Rioters: Did the brownout affect you and how did you cope with it?

JC: Made me sleepy, that’s all. The lull while we waited I mean. But I think it was also due to the pizza that Christian treated us to. Can’t remember how many slices I had but I think Mitch, Anton and Jason ate the most. They were really quiet after the pizzas arrived. Oh yeah, happy birthday to Christian and thanks for the (edit) (edit) treat bro.

Rioters: Uh, we’ll have to edit out the name of the pizza store for legal reasons but going back to your race, how did you prepare for it?

JC: Not much really, just made sure I was at the track before the cutoff so I won’t have to start at the back of the grid. Then I checked the setup of the car, checked the tires and charged my batteries.

Rioters: You make it sound so simple, but was it speed or consistency that won the race for you?

JC: My kit! Just kidding. To be honest I really think luck had the most to do with it. I do think the pizza helped me coz I saw a lot of yawning and heard a fair bit of burping on the stand during the race.

Rioters: Was the pizza good?

JC: So long as it’s free it’s all good.

Rioters: Just to give your fans a little insight on Josh outside the hobby, on the political front, what’s your take on the Senate looking into missing cellphone loads?

JC: Uhm…what’s that?

Rioters: Ah, I guess you have a post-paid account, moving on. Relationship-wise, how do you feel about same-sex marriage?

JC: Hey, whatever floats their boat.

Rioters: And what do you look for in a partner that “floats (your) boat”?

JC: One word…KAT!

Rioters: How about on RC and Filipino driving styles, do you think driving in local traffic is good training or does it simply create “bad driving habits”?

JC: Depends. If you’re using a spool on your RC car it should be okay, but if your setup is a one-way I don’t think so. Pinoy-driving is brake intensive and a one-way compromises that so I think the setup has to fit the driving style.

Rioters: Looking ahead, what improvements do you feel you need to make for the 3rd leg?

JC: Steering, definitely. My car needs more steering.

Rioters: What advice can you give to those thinking of starting in RC?

JC: Always do your best to have fun and don't be discouraged if you can't find the right setup for your car. Just keep driving and expermenting and you'll learn faster.

Rioters: Good advice, and if there was one person you could credit for your success in RC, who would that be?

JC: R/C guru Gerry (Soler)...hehehe.

Super Stock winner Noel "Tutoy/Axo" Aldaba declined repeated requests for a similar interview citing contractual obligations. - Rioters N.A.

Disclaimer: The above article has not been sanctioned or is in anyway reflective of the opinions of the organizers and entities connected to the KOH Race Series. All statements and statistics are fictional and any similarities to persons living or otherwise are purely coincidental. No animals were harmed in the writing of the article and there is no opinion expressed or implied with respect to same-sex marriages. In the interest of full disclosure, the above article was not funded by any person or entity within or outside the RC community.

Last edited by neil4wd; 06-21-2009 at 07:22 PM.
Old 06-21-2009, 10:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by neil4wd
King of the Hill Race Update #006 - Interview with Round 2 Mod Class winner Josh Castro:

(Photo courtesy of Geetoo - TAC 2008)

Rioters: When did you start in RC and how old where you then?

JC: I started running electric on-road in 2006 and I was 23 then. You could say I was in the median of the RC age-scale with the likes of Anton and Alfonso on one end and…um…a couple of the guys on the other.

Rioters: Guys such as?

JC: Um…you know…ah, the more senior guys that helped me a lot when I started in the hobby. They…ah…kinda define the other end of the spectrum. You know I’ve stuck to electric on-road ever since I started and my first “real” race was the 2006 Ride Series.

Rioters: Interesting. So how’d it feel to get your name on the trophy by winning the 2nd leg?

JC: Happy, definitely happy. And very, very lucky. Anyone of the guys on the grid with me that day could just as easily have beaten me. So luck I think had a lot to do with it.

Rioters: Did the brownout affect you and how did you cope with it?

JC: Made me sleepy, that’s all. The lull while we waited I mean. But I think it was also due to the pizza that Christian treated us to. Can’t remember how many slices I had but I think Mitch, Anton and Jason ate the most. They were really quiet after the pizzas arrived. Oh yeah, happy birthday to Christian and thanks for the (edit) (edit) treat bro.

Rioters: Uh, we’ll have to edit out the name of the pizza store for legal reasons but going back to your race, how did you prepare for it?

JC: Not much really, just made sure I was at the track before the cutoff so I won’t have to start at the back of the grid. Then I checked the setup of the car, checked the tires and charged my batteries.

Rioters: You make it sound so simple, but was it speed or consistency that won the race for you?

JC: My kit! Just kidding. To be honest I really think luck had the most to do with it. I do think the pizza helped me coz I saw a lot of yawning and heard a fair bit of burping on the stand during the race.

Rioters: Was the pizza good?

JC: So long as it’s free it’s all good.

Rioters: Just to give your fans a little insight on Josh outside the hobby, on the political front, what’s your take on the Senate looking into missing cellphone loads?

JC: Uhm…what’s that?

Rioters: Ah, I guess you have a post-paid account, moving on. Relationship-wise, how do you feel about same-sex marriage?

JC: Hey, whatever floats their boat.

Rioters: And what do you look for in a partner that “floats (your) boat”?

JC: One word…KAT!

Rioters: How about on RC and Filipino driving styles, do you think driving in local traffic is good training or does it simply create “bad driving habits”?

JC: Depends. If you’re using a spool on your RC car it should be okay, but if your setup is a one-way I don’t think so. Pinoy-driving is brake intensive and a one-way compromises that so I think the setup has to fit the driving style.

Rioters: Looking ahead, what improvements do you feel you need to make for the 3rd leg?

JC: Steering, definitely. My car needs more steering.

Rioters: What advice can you give to those thinking of starting in RC?

JC: Always do your best to have fun and don't be discouraged if you can't find the right setup for your car. Just keep driving and expermenting and you'll learn faster.

Rioters: Good advice, and if there was one person you could credit for your success in RC, who would that be?

JC: R/C guru Gerry (Soler)...hehehe.

Super Stock winner Noel "Tutoy/Axo" Aldaba declined repeated requests for a similar interview citing contractual obligations. - Rioters N.A.

Disclaimer: The above article has not been sanctioned or is in anyway reflective of the opinions of the organizers and entities connected to the KOH Race Series. All statements and statistics are fictional and any similarities to persons living or otherwise are purely coincidental. No animals were harmed in the writing of the article and there is no opinion expressed or implied with respect to same-sex marriages. In the interest of full disclosure, the above article was not funded by any person or entity within or outside the RC community.

aba! may exclusive interview pa! shobiz ah!

Limang tulog paaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! tagal!!
Old 06-21-2009, 11:25 PM
Tech Addict

It’s time for the NEWEST and HOTTEST Touring Car Race Series around!

Get your racing gear ready ‘coz we’re out to crown the first ever EP Touring Car KINGS!

When: May 23, June 13, June 27, July 11, July 25, and Aug 8, 2009
Where: Where else? - JP RACEWAY

GENERAL RULES FOR ALL CLASSES:
Chassis Type: 1/10 Scale 4wd Electric Powered Touring Cars Only – Any Brand
Battery: Any 6-Cell NiMh/Ni-Cd Sub-C and LiPoly (2C/7.4v) allowed
Tires/Inserts/Rims: Open - Any Brand
Motors/Electronics: Open – Any Brand
Body: Any 190mm 4-Door Touring Car/Sedan Body
Track Layout: It's in the banner above!

Open Modified Class

Motor: Brushed and Brushless Allowed
Weight Limit (Race ready with Transponder): 1,500 grams

Open Super Stock Class
Motor: Brushed 23T & Brushless 13.5 Only

Race Format:
Every race day we will have:
1. 5 minute runs for all classes
2. Qualifying: 3 Rounds, best run counts (not best lap time)
3. Finals: Triple Main Finals (Drop 1)
4. Points System: 1st - 10pts; 2nd - 9pts; 3rd - 8 pts; etc ....
5. In case of a tie, we will take the best run in the finals as basis for the deciding the winner! Dropped round will not be used as tie breaker – even IFMAR does it this way.

Series Points:
1. After each race day, all racers in each class will be ranked from top finisher (1st place in A-Main) to last place finsher (ex. 10th place in C-Main).
2. The top place finisher for the day gets 50 pts., 2nd - 48pts, 3rd - 47pts, ..... and so on!
3. These daily scores/points will be accumulated through the course of the series.
4. Note however, only the best 4 finishes of each racer will be considered (drop 2 worst rounds) and added up for their overall points total for the series and consequently to determine the series winners for each class. So in short you have the leeway to miss out a weekend or two and still be in contention.
5. In case of a tie in points over the course of the series, the finishing position of the two racers in contention in last series leg (Round 6) will determine the winner. So coming into the last round of the series, if there is a high probability of ties, it makes the performance of the racers in contention more interesting and crucial during the final leg. --- in short the “heat will be on!” and only the true KING OF THE HILL for each class will be crowned!

THE PRIZE:
What will make this race unlike any other is that we will only be giving out one trophy for each class! Yes, just ONE! BUT, it will be a special one! We will be adapting a Stanley Cup style trophy – one prize just for the KINGS of their respective classes. That trophy however will have the names of the Winners of Each Round (rounds 1-6) AND also that of the overall Series Champion, engraved and immortalized as part of the trophy! And of course, since there will only be one trophy for each class KING OF THE HILL, only the Kings take it home!

So rebuild those cars, set up them up, tune those motors and get some track time ‘coz we’re going racing!

LIMANG TULOG NA LANG!!! SEE YOU ALL @ JP RACEWAY JUNE 27, 2009 (Saturday) for the 3rd Leg of the Series!!
Old 06-21-2009, 11:28 PM
Tech Addict

It’s time for the NEWEST and HOTTEST Touring Car Race Series around!

Get your racing gear ready ‘coz we’re out to crown the first ever EP Touring Car KINGS!

When: May 23, June 13, June 27, July 11, July 25, and Aug 8, 2009
Where: Where else? - JP RACEWAY

GENERAL RULES FOR ALL CLASSES:
Chassis Type: 1/10 Scale 4wd Electric Powered Touring Cars Only – Any Brand
Battery: Any 6-Cell NiMh/Ni-Cd Sub-C and LiPoly (2C/7.4v) allowed
Tires/Inserts/Rims: Open - Any Brand
Motors/Electronics: Open – Any Brand
Body: Any 190mm 4-Door Touring Car/Sedan Body
Track Layout: It's in the banner above!

Open Modified Class

Motor: Brushed and Brushless Allowed

Open Super Stock Class
Motor: Brushed 23T & Brushless 13.5 Only

Race Format:
Every race day we will have:
1. 5 minute runs for all classes
2. Qualifying: 3 Rounds, best run counts (not best lap time)
3. Finals: Triple Main Finals (Drop 1)
4. Points System: 1st - 10pts; 2nd - 9pts; 3rd - 8 pts; etc ....
5. In case of a tie, we will take the best run in the finals as basis for the deciding the winner! Dropped round will not be used as tie breaker – even IFMAR does it this way.

Series Points:
1. After each race day, all racers in each class will be ranked from top finisher (1st place in A-Main) to last place finsher (ex. 10th place in C-Main).
2. The top place finisher for the day gets 50 pts., 2nd - 48pts, 3rd - 47pts, ..... and so on!
3. These daily scores/points will be accumulated through the course of the series.
4. Note however, only the best 4 finishes of each racer will be considered (drop 2 worst rounds) and added up for their overall points total for the series and consequently to determine the series winners for each class. So in short you have the leeway to miss out a weekend or two and still be in contention.
5. In case of a tie in points over the course of the series, the finishing position of the two racers in contention in last series leg (Round 6) will determine the winner. So coming into the last round of the series, if there is a high probability of ties, it makes the performance of the racers in contention more interesting and crucial during the final leg. --- in short the “heat will be on!” and only the true KING OF THE HILL for each class will be crowned!

THE PRIZE:
What will make this race unlike any other is that we will only be giving out one trophy for each class! Yes, just ONE! BUT, it will be a special one! We will be adapting a Stanley Cup style trophy – one prize just for the KINGS of their respective classes. That trophy however will have the names of the Winners of Each Round (rounds 1-6) AND also that of the overall Series Champion, engraved and immortalized as part of the trophy! And of course, since there will only be one trophy for each class KING OF THE HILL, only the Kings take it home!

So rebuild those cars, set up them up, tune those motors and get some track time ‘coz we’re going racing!

LIMANG TULOG NA LANG!!! SEE YOU ALL @ JP RACEWAY JUNE 27, 2009 (Saturday) for the 3rd Leg of the Series!!
Old 06-22-2009, 03:47 AM
Tech Addict

yun oh! hahaha!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.