Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Manila Racers
Electric Touring / On-Road RC >

Electric Touring / On-Road RC

Like Tree1Likes

Electric Touring / On-Road RC

Old 05-24-2009, 03:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

RC FREAK: if you just wanna see how the facilities look, they're open Tues til Sunday, from 10am to 10pm. This saturday there's a Tamiya Cup Qualifier Series race so you'll see tamiya classes being run. No open class races .... the next open class races with Modified and Stock classes will be held on the 13th of June. the map posted by RCManila should be the best guide to get there.
Old 05-24-2009, 07:23 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCFREAK
Thank you much!! thats exactly what we needed..... i must have drove past the gate like 4 times?!?!??!?!?!?!?
No problem.
May 30 and June 6 would be Tamiya Asia Cup Qualifiers
June 13 2nd Leg of the King of the Hill Series (Open Modified & Open Super Stock) classes

Hope to see you guys there!

Originally Posted by lui11
bro kelan ka punta.. gusto ko din sana ma try ang jp raceway.. para may makalaro naman...
Kayo din po sana makalaro sa mga races, see you!!
Old 05-24-2009, 07:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

starting wednesday until this weekend we will be in boracay to attend a wedding. i will be returning to Las Pinas after this weekend. that is why we spent so much time finding the track yesterday with no luck... perhaps when i get back..
Old 05-24-2009, 04:48 PM
Tech Champion

starting wednesday until this weekend we will be in boracay to attend a wedding. i will be returning to Las Pinas after this weekend. that is why we spent so much time finding the track yesterday with no luck... perhaps when i get back..
sorry you had to spend so much time looking for the track without getting instructions on how to get there. usually the threads are quiet from fridays onwards as most of those who do race at JP are at the track and on sundays they're usually hung over from the racing.... so hardly anyone on the boards during these days. hopefully you'll still get to find time to check out the facility.
Old 05-24-2009, 06:35 PM
Tech Elite

thank you for all the responses.... i understand about "racing hangovers" sometimes its called "burned out"

my home track is called www.rctrack. com our indoor carpet track. and the outdoor asphalt track is http://www.nbcwashington.com/sports/...ington_DC.html a retired Washington Wizards basketball player turned rc racer. he also played with the famous Michael Jordan.
Old 05-24-2009, 08:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

thank you for all the responses.... i understand about "racing hangovers" sometimes its called "burned out"

my home track is called www.rctrack. com our indoor carpet track. and the outdoor asphalt track is http://www.nbcwashington.com/sports/...ington_DC.html a retired Washington Wizards basketball player turned rc racer. he also played with the famous Michael Jordan.
Hi RCFREAK, I was the guy you were talking to over the phone at Lil's. I'm sorry I wasn't able to help much since even I don't know the EXACT address of JP Raceway. I did give you the details on the road/street names, landmarks and the structures (IPI, Tiendesitas, etc.) but I understand it is really difficult if you're not familiar with the said roads and landmarks. I guess I should keep an image/MAP of JPRaceway on my cell and could send it via MMS.

When are you free to go to JPRaceway? Advise me in advance and I can meet you at Lils/Megamall and proceed there. I'm usually free on Saturday mornings and Sunday afternoon (3pm onwards). Weekdays depends on my schedule (work).

Last edited by Lewd Skywalker; 05-25-2009 at 12:40 AM.
Old 05-24-2009, 10:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by A X O
musta na kapatid? RC na!

kamusta kapatid??? hindi na ako marunong mag set-up... haha...
Old 05-25-2009, 12:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default JP

Mga brod dito ba ang JP RaceWay?
Attached Thumbnails Electric Touring / On-Road RC-jp-raceway2.jpg  
Old 05-25-2009, 01:01 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by berserk
Mga brod dito ba ang JP RaceWay?
yan na yun! just look for the light blue gate to your right when your on C-5 approaching the ortigas (intersection below the flyover).
Old 05-25-2009, 01:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

There are actually three blue gates. You're looking for the third blue "solid" gate that's almost under the flyover. (the first two gates are rusted grill gates, but still very blue). You will be asked for your name or friendster account for security purposes.

Old 05-25-2009, 02:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by lui11
bro kelan ka punta.. gusto ko din sana ma try ang jp raceway.. para may makalaro naman...

sir ako po lalaro bukas. mag sstretched po ako arms at turn buckle ng rc bukas.drop by ka nalang sir. para makapag laro tayo.hehe
Old 05-25-2009, 07:26 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rough512
There are actually three blue gates. You're looking for the third blue "solid" gate that's almost under the flyover. (the first two gates are rusted grill gates, but still very blue). You will be asked for your name or friendster account for security purposes.

yeah i think we did actually stop in front of the gates... they were opened just a little bit but did look like there was no activity going on.... we even peeked inside the gates of the piping company at the corner.... ah well, gonna try to make it there again!!! thanks for the help! now it is real easier. someone should spraypaint the name across the gates...

On the other hand, i was looking to purchase a (discontinued) cyclone moorespeed edtion kit... if they had one brand new, or if anyone was selling one in real great shape.. not too worried about scratches on chassis, i can purchase new one.

i currently race:
cyclone surikarn edition
cyclone black edition
cyclone TC edition
hara pro 4 hara edition
xray 009EU and 008US
xray NT1
kysho RRR wc edition (waiting to be received when i get home from here)

just found out i will be back saturday evening, too late to stop by... perhaps just stop by sunday and hangout with whoever is there...

LMK and thanks again!!
Arvin
Old 05-25-2009, 10:22 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

2009 KING OF THE HILL

Leg #1 Results:

Open Super Stock 23T/13.5 (B-Main)
Super stock B-Main saw Daniel Lagamayo got down to business with his HB CYCLONE TC winning the first 2 rounds and securing the overall for the B-Main. While the Umali brothers secure 2nd and 3rd spot ALSO with HB CYCLONE TC while Alec Ladanga settles for 4th place finish with his Xray T2'009.

1. Daniel Lagamayo / HB Cyclone TC
2. Rolan Umali / HB Cyclone TC
3. Ian Umali / HB Cyclone TC
4. Alec Ladanga / Xray T2'009

Open Super Stock 23T/13.5 (A-Main)
It was a clean sweep by Tamiya driver Yuichiro Takaya with his 416WE. 2nd and 3rd was a close fight between two HB CYCLONE TC drivers Christian Saplala & Jerome Supan. Actually they were tied at the end of 3 main finals and have to be decided who has the best run. Christian Saplala had a best run of 21/5.03.952 while Jerome Supan had a best run of 21/5.10.436 so Christian got the 2nd place and Jerome 3rd.

1.Yuichiro Takaya / Tamiya 416WE
2. Christian Saplala / HB Cyclone TC
3. Jerome Supan / HB Cyclone TC
4. Takahashi / Yokomo BD5
5. Noel Aldaba / Tamiya 416WE
6. Hirano / HB Cyclone TC
7. Edward Angtuaco / Team Losi Type-R
8. Alfonso Ramos / Tamiya 416WE

Open Modified
It was another clean sweep by Tamiya driver Yuichiro Takaya with his 416WE this time in open modified class. Noel Aldaba with his own Tamiya 416WE secured 2nd place after two mains. Close battle for 3rd place by Jerome Supan HB CYCLONE TC & the rookie Anton Ramos. Anton Ramos debuting his Tamiya 416WE in open modified got 3rd place for all the 3 main finals!! Thats what you call consistency! With Jerome and Anton tied after 3 mains we have to go to there best run again to break the tie...This was so close I have double check...Jerome got 21/5.02.144 while Anton got 21/5.03.512 so it was Jerome Supan taking home 3rd place! Congrats to all and keep it up Anton! Nice showing!!

1. Yuichiro Takaya / Tamiya 416WE
2. Noel Aldaba / Tamiya 416WE
3. Jerome Supan / HB Cyclone TC
4. Anton Ramos / Tamiya 416WE
5. Joel Mangilit / Tamiya TA05
6. Weinner Ramos / Xray T2'008
7. Roland Binas / HB Cyclone TC
8. Mitch Sy / Xray T2'008

Will there be another clean sweep by TAMIYA driver Yuichiro Takaya? Will team HOT BODIES, ASSOCIATED, Xray, YOKOMO, LOSI give him a challenge?! Drivers who are absent in the first leg...will they show up and give Yuichiro Takaya a run for the money?! Gerry Soler, Joseph Salcedo, JP Reyes, Ralph Lorenzo, Josh Castro, Raffy Abello, Jay Flores, Joji Say etc. etc...how about Mr. Highwayman and kupz will they give us a surprise visit? The return of the come back?!

Well, hope you guys had fun and hope to see you again for the 2nd leg of the series.
Will the KING be dethroned? Watch it live and/or race with the KING on June 13, 2009!!

Last edited by RCManila; 05-25-2009 at 11:04 AM.
Old 05-25-2009, 11:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rough512

Nope. We don't ask for your friendster account. We ask for your facebook.
Old 05-25-2009, 07:27 PM
Tech Champion

OUR KABABAYAN RONALD VOLKER TAKES THE 2009 REEDY INVITATIONAL!!!

Although the field participating in the race this year was admittedly on the slim side due to many of the international drivers avoiding travel due to the AH1N1 virus, there was still a very strong line up present to make for some interesting and action packed racing. Factory Drivers such as Juho Levanen, Hupo Hongil, Paul Lemiuex, Rick Howart, Josh Cyrul, Ralph Burch, Steve Weiss were there to fight for the win. It was tight with Juho and Volker tied in the end and a tie break had to decide the winner.

In the end, our half pinoy rc brother Ronald Volker took it home. Not bad at all for the 2008 Worlds Runner-Up considering it was his very first time out with his new ride - the Yokomo BD5! Looks like good things to come, for Volker!

Pic of Volker's Brand Spankin' New Yokomo-BD5:

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.