Old 05-10-2009, 11:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

ROBO: happy birthday
Old 05-11-2009, 12:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

MAY 9, 2009 CLUB RACE RESULTS

CONGRATULATIONS to the winners and participants!!!

Tensions were high in the Superstock Class as previous club race winner Christian Saplala was expected to continue with his dominating form. This time around it was Yuichiro Takaya, Anton Ramos and visiting Mod Class driver Gerry Soler that threatened Saplala’s bid for a repeat win.

Qualifying saw Takaya throwing down the gauntlet early with a blistering 13.258 on his 4th lap of the 30 minute qualifying period. He was joined ontrack by Hirano, Anton Ramos, Alec Ladanga, Ron Convento and John Apilado but none of the 5 drivers had the speed to challenge for pole. 10 minutes into qualifying, it was Taka, Ramos and Hirano occupying the top 3 grid positions. However, taking advantage of a clear track, Saplala went on the offensive first setting a 13.877 on his 3rd lap and followed quickly by a 13.746 on lap 7. Saplala was sending a clear message to Takaya of his intentions but an off on lap 11 seemed to rattle the confidence of the young driver and he failed to find his earlier form. Meanwhile, Gerry Soler also took advantage of the clear track and like Saplala waited until the other drivers pitted. Spectators feared that Soler’s strategy was compromised by logistics complications that saw him arrive on track just as qualifying was about to commence. Displaying the confidence of a seasoned and spiced veteran, Soler hunkered down with a 13.889 on his outlap and took 2nd on the grid with a 13.695 on lap 5. Soler’s performance drew the attention of Takaya who then went out on track a second time with less than 10 minutes remaining and raised the bar to 13.049. Both Soler and Saplala conceded pole to Takaya as neither went out but Ramos gave it one last shot with 5 minutes remaining in qualifying. Ramos’ valiant effort netted him 3rd on the grid.

The Finals was a clean sweep by both Takaya and Soler who took 1st and 2nd place overall with 3 straight wins in the 5 round finals. It was routinary running for Takaya as he would breakaway at the start of the race taking advantage of a clear track while the rest of the field sorted themselves out. Soler’s fast and steady driving allowed him to keep Saplala and Hirano at bay while Ramos was still shaking off the effects of jetlag after taking the red eye flight from Bangkok to join the race. 3rd place overall had more excitement as Ramos, Hirano and Ladanga took a 3rd place win each. The last podium spot was only decided in the 5th and final round when Ramos found his form (and a new set of tires) and recorded his best finish of the day in 2nd. Though not suffering from KERS or a boneheaded fuel strategy, journeyman Saplala had to settle for 6th overall after a general run of bad luck compromised his race weekend.

There was added excitement as JP Reyes took the controller of Takaya’s 416 for Final 4 and started from the back of the grid. This handicap merely stressed the superiority of Takaya’s chassis setup as Reyes went on the win the round after weaving through the entire grid.

Open Superstock 23T/13.5BL Class

1. Yuichiro Takaya
2. Gerry Soler
3. Anton Ramos
4. T. Hirano
5. Alec Ladanga
6. Christian Saplala
7. Ron Convento
8. John Apilado

Results of the other race classes are as follows:

Formula 1 – One Hour Endurance Classic (Full story in the Formula 1 thread)

1. Joel Mangilit
2. Ron Convento

Formula Mini

1. Neil Severino
2. Joel Mangilit
3. Ron Convento
4. Mark Flores

Attached Thumbnails Electric Touring / On-Road RC-may-9-2009-results-mini-f1.jpg   Electric Touring / On-Road RC-may-9-2009-results-stock.jpg  

Last edited by neil4wd; 05-11-2009 at 04:31 AM.
Old 05-11-2009, 03:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ROBORAT
go barca!

tanta: salamat pare ko. sayang di ka pumunta nung sabado. ok rin mag stock ... pero mas ok pa rin mod siyempre! hehe
sayang... late na rin kasi ako makakarating sa track kung tumuloy pa ko... baka wala na akong abutan...

sa susunod na lang na race... mod na!!!

then manu vs barca naman!!!
Old 05-11-2009, 08:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

saw this at another forum... share ko lang...

YOU KNOW!!!
Old 05-11-2009, 05:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

i'd like to thank also everyone who texted their greetings. unfortunately i was not able to reply to everyone 'coz my phone just decided to stop working yesterday. need to have it replaced. anyway, salamat ulit mga kapatid! kita kits sa track!
Old 05-12-2009, 05:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

TAMIYA FANS!!! TA05 VERSION II!!!

The 2008 Super GT300 entrant, the Cusco Dunlop Subaru Impreza is the first Tamiya 1/10R/C car to feature the new TA05 Ver.II chassis. Finishing the Super GT300 season in 6thfrom a field of 28 entrants, the Impreza showed its prowess at the 4th Round in Sepang where it started from pole position and went on to claim the win. The Impreza also went onto record two more pole positions in the wet at Round 6 in Suzuka and at Round 9 in Fuji.The Impreza is powered by a Horizontally Opposed DOHC turbo charged 4-cylinder engine and is the only AWD race car in Super GT.

- This is a 1/10 R/C assembly kit of the Cusco Dunlop Subaru Impreza.
- The new TA05 ver.II chassis features 5 newly designed parts: L Parts (Lower deck), KParts (Stiffener), M Parts (Suspension Mount), Body and H Parts (Wing, Mirror), DC Parts(Motor mount).
- Overall chassis width is narrower which improves road clearance in rolls.
- The battery position is moved forward for improved driving characteristics.
- The separated suspension mounts enable easy maintenance of the drive train.
- The belt-driven 4-wheel drive chassis features isometric drive belts, front and rear 37T ball diff. and a horizontally mounted motor.
- Features inboard front suspension and short reversible suspension arms as well as up-rights with 1050 ball bearings.
- Aluminum one-piece integrated motor mount.
- Type 540 motor included.
- Polycarbonate rear wing Option Part can be installed.
- ESC, 2-channel R/C system, battery pack & charger are separately required.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...390011.jpg.jpg

Last edited by kirizutochan; 05-12-2009 at 06:16 AM.
Old 05-12-2009, 06:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

kiri...sounds like the TB03/EVO5 MS/416 WE genes are being grafted to the TA05-IFS platform. That should make parts swapping a lot easier.

Hmmmm...this could derail my F104 plans.

Old 05-12-2009, 06:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

hello, pwede matanong lng kng ano inserts para sa Sorex36 in mod? nalilito na kasi ako sa hardness and thickness. ty.
Old 05-12-2009, 10:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Robo: Belated. I did not realize that the WWE set your son was playing with was your gift to yourself.
Old 05-13-2009, 12:06 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Big Daddy Cool
Robo: Belated. I did not realize that the WWE set your son was playing with was your gift to yourself.
BDC: salamat! bad trip nga ako eh ... nauna pa niya napag laruan keysa sakin! and he broke off rey mysterio's arm! when we got home i power bombed him to teach him a lesson and think twic before messing with my stuff!

rcartips: if you want more traction, use softer inserts with more air gap. but the compromise is accellerated tire ware. so it all depends how much traction you want or need. ako gamit ko much more med/soft (orange) inserts pero gusto subukan mag med naman in the hope to not scrub too much corner speed due to too much bite. but haven't come around to trying it out yet. other options would be sorex type-c inserts. i know others also use excel mediums.
Old 05-13-2009, 05:53 AM
Tech Elite

Robo, ty sa inserts. sa body, pf mazda speed 6 ba? sensia na, tameme ako kapag sa setup ng touring cars.
Old 05-13-2009, 06:27 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

rccartips: mazda speed 6 gives you more turn in(without a proper setup baka mag fishtail sa tapang), mazda 6 mas mabait compared sa mazda speed 6. I think ROBORAT uses stratus all purpose...which I think is more mabait compared to mazda 6. I use mazda 6. Base lang po sa experience ko yan hehehe... HTH
Old 05-13-2009, 07:07 AM
Tech Champion

rccartips: speed 6 gives the most steering but as mentioned by toink, the rear can flick around if your set up isn't spot on, but if you do have it dialed it will turn on a dime. mazda 6 and AP is kinda hard to say. personally i prefer the AP because of its overall stability. i dont really find the AP to give less steering because it also gives the most consistent steering through the entire turn. the mazda 6 seems to give a bit more turn in but does not feel as good for me mid corner. pero sabi nga nila, nasa feel yan at driving style so depende rin talaga. tsaka kahit alin pa gamitin mo sa tatlo, set up pa rin ang kababagsakan. so you cant really go wrong with any of them.

ang tricky rin kasi ngayon is pasin ko ang laki ng binago ng traction sa jp. super kapit ngayon compared to months before. kaya like i said sa inserts, if you get too much traction, you may want to try new things. pansin ko ko personally, mas kelangan ko ma free up yung car ko sa corners to give me more corner speed. that may mean using a different body (im thinking of going back to speed 6), stiffer set up, re-using sway bars (current set up ko wala), or other inserts. pero siyempre, auto ko yun. so depende rin talaga sa hinahanap mong handling. hope that helps.
Old 05-13-2009, 12:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (98%+)

IN STOCK!!!

Old 05-13-2009, 04:57 PM
Tech Elite

rcmanila, robo, ty sa tips. cge DNA kunin ko dahil type ko yun looks (labo ko noh hahaha). i guess need to get 2 to 3 bodies as a tuning aid.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.