Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Manila Racers
Electric Touring / On-Road RC >

Electric Touring / On-Road RC

Like Tree1Likes

Electric Touring / On-Road RC

Old 09-30-2007, 09:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

rough: sorry, talagang pang 19T ka na. si oldskul at si taka pampagulo lang yung mga yun last saturday kasi they said they would only run one main and sit out the other two to virtually make them last place overall. so kung ok sayo magbayad ng reg fee at tumakbo ng isang main lang, sige payag kami .... hehehe ... pero sir, sa 19T ka nalang. my batteries and tires are still there for you to use this saturday. next saturday (13th) si ronchie naman gagamit.

oldskul: sir, next time sa 19T na rin kayo. if you need a motor, i can lend you one. im willing to share whatever gear i have to racers provided i have spares. para lang makalaro tayo. .... nga lang my gear wont last that long so make the most of them while the offer stand ...

ludwig: speaking of gear, yung Yokomo 23T ko sir baka pwede makuha na ulit. will likely need that for the futaba cup at the end of the year. pa-cut nalang sir at pa-linis.

MGA SIR, THIS SATURDAY WE WILL HAVE TO START AT 1PM SHARP!!! Some of the organizers and racers have to leave by 6pm the latest. Will post details of our race sched and guidelines by Wednesday.

TAGAL NG SABADO!!! hehehe
Old 09-30-2007, 09:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

First off...THANKS to the organizers. I don't know what robo is talking about coz from what I saw everything went well and can only get better. I also saw how hard they were working on setting up the heats, tabulating the results and generally GIVING EVERYONE WHO ATTENDED A GREAT TIME.

Lewd...dude, thanks for sorting out my Tx and kit during the slippery stage of the day!

Robo...thanks for the reamer thingie. I gotta get me one of those...kinda handy for "poking"...uh...lexan stuff.

Team Silvertuned boys...tips on the dampers and torsion bars where really a major help. The more you guys teach me the lesser excuse I have for poor driving....hehehehe....if and when I get the chassis "dialled in" I'll h ave no more excuse for my lousy driving skills. I very much like the idea of Mini (MO3 chassis) race...but I'll have to put it off while I learn to fix my current kit.

To y'all masters of mine...yes, I will get a proper aero body, yes, I will replace the 3003 servo with a high torque/speed unit, yes, (kiriz) I will get those toe-in rear uprights...along with all the other tips and instructions you've given me.

Noob notes #2...damper and torsion settings...it's all well and good to have a stiff setup...but in my case with a high CG TT-01 chassis and body combination it just started me rolling once grip started to improve later in the day. With the wisdom and guidance of Team Silvertuned I've swapped to softer springs (from white to yellow), damper oil (from 800 to 300) and torsion bar (yellow to red or none). I tried googling for TT-01 settings but didn't get any hits. Hmmmm.

Noob notes #3...steering and upper arms...after breaking off one of my adjustable front upper arm in the 1st b-main I slapped on the stock (fixed) upper arms. My steering went from "lazy" to "hyper" and I either turned to early or tipped over again. Doesn't take a wise man to tell me I shoulda rebuilt my adjustable upper arms instead of taking a shortcut.

Noob notes #4...servo and Tx settings...while rebuilding the kit at home I noticed that turning left was actually too much (ie servo was whirring). Adjusting the Dual Rate only made it lazy. After fiddling with the Tx I finally figured out how to properly dial in the DR, EPA and Trim so that I had maximized steering travel on both sides.

My consolation for the day...the only kit I wrecked was mine...hahahaha.

Thanks again MASTERS!!!

Last edited by neil4wd; 10-01-2007 at 10:38 PM.
Old 09-30-2007, 09:46 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Mini Toink
I think if you're using NiMH you can still use the carbon battery strap, with LiPo I think you should use tape like what's in the picture.

Toink
ok sir, thanks
Old 09-30-2007, 10:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Neil4wd: Welcome bro, actually wala naman ako ginawa sa radio mo kasi ayaw ko pakialaman, if only you asked me to sit down with you and give me the go signal pakialaman yan eh... hehe... sige next time umupo ka malapit sa table ko kung alam ko lang, may dala ako extra S-3050 eh pinagamit ko na sa'yo... pati ngatog ng kamay mo lalabas sa front tires

Robo: No problem, sige will bring FLR on Saturday. Ala pa din ako oto Monday pa made-deliver, makikisuyo ulit bro Tama agahan natin para aga din matapos. Ok Friday nights afterwork, text text kapatid

shrewd: ganda ng banner design ah, kumpleto brands... sana may sponsors tayong ganyan hehe

porshaa: thanks sa deal bro

See you guys sa weekend. Tagal talaga ng Sabado, Lunes pa lang haaay...
Old 09-30-2007, 11:45 PM
Tech Master

Robo: thanks for offering your 19t motor! i have a Komodo 19t motor naman for my evo4.

i was requesting for an expert class for the silver can because me and taka really had a great time. just imagine it would be really fun to see how the experts run the silver can class and for the newbies to see how we take the lines with a slower car para maka-relate sila kasi basically its the same speed they are running. nga lang experts have their own secrets so expect to see mabuchi na halos kasing bilis ng 23t motors

during our victory party i told the tamiya boys about the silver can class and everyody got really excited and wanted to join in the fun (especially si Tutoy na makulit!), hence the request for the Silver Can Expert Class. Marami din sasali dito kung sakali pero kung masyado na mahirap to accommodate another class with our limited time for racing then no problem, we'll just join the other classes.
Old 09-30-2007, 11:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Roborat

See? madami intresado sa expert/disqualified Silver Can class. Si lewd dati nagrequest din ba? Ganito na lang. Kung may 5 racers, buo na quorum? ketchup to you. hehehe... Naghihintay yung TA03 ko.
Old 10-01-2007, 12:16 AM
Tech Master

rough: hehehe TAO3? expert/vintage class na ito! si tutoy kating-kati na itakbo yung TL01 nya. at least sakin medyo bago-bago yung TT-01 ko. Tara, masubukan nga TA03 mo.
Old 10-01-2007, 12:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oldskul
Robo: thanks for offering your 19t motor! i have a Komodo 19t motor naman for my evo4.

i was requesting for an expert class for the silver can because me and taka really had a great time. just imagine it would be really fun to see how the experts run the silver can class and for the newbies to see how we take the lines with a slower car para maka-relate sila kasi basically its the same speed they are running. nga lang experts have their own secrets so expect to see mabuchi na halos kasing bilis ng 23t motors

during our victory party i told the tamiya boys about the silver can class and everyody got really excited and wanted to join in the fun (especially si Tutoy na makulit!), hence the request for the Silver Can Expert Class. Marami din sasali dito kung sakali pero kung masyado na mahirap to accommodate another class with our limited time for racing then no problem, we'll just join the other classes.
SILVER CAN EXPERT CLASS

ito IMHO lang po ha, maybe (AS IN MAYBE) we can have this as a special CLASS in one of the weekend races na mapagkasunduan. Mahirap kasi isabay sa currently running three classes (silver, outlaw 19t and open mod) dahil kakapusin tayo sa oras, lalo pa pag naging 3 set na ang SILVER CAN STOCK CLASS which we expect we can't make this a regular CLASS na available every weekend. Pasensya na po pero we're still going to run the three classes as before.

Last edited by Lewd Skywalker; 10-01-2007 at 12:34 AM.
Old 10-01-2007, 12:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default IDEA!

Guys, i jus thought of this, instead of an expert silvercan class, why not make it a Sport Tuned class race, faster than the silvercan, but not as fast as the 23 turn class....interesting? tamang rush lang!

diba?
pede rin diba?
Old 10-01-2007, 12:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Lewd...thanks for the offer. I'l start looking for that servo you recommended...but if it's that sensitive maybe I should get something a tad less reactive...hehehehe. Actually, there are a lot of good samaritans around me...from tanta to the Team Silvertuned guys. Hehehehe. Help is never to far.

Last edited by neil4wd; 10-01-2007 at 05:07 PM.
Old 10-01-2007, 12:26 AM
Tech Champion

oldskul/rough: the expert silver can class was already mentioned previously but it is a class we discounted for the time being. we think the silver can class at this point should be left to the novices "as much as possible". but of course the other tt-o1/stock touring class drivers of tamiya are more than welcome to join the silver can class as well! but we think that the more seasoned racers such as tutoy, you, taka, etc. would be just as big a help to them at the pits (if not bigger) giving driving and set up tips. if the purpose to see learn from an "expert's" run, i dont think it would be any different than watching them in 19T or mod class. the correct racing lines dont actually change just coz the motor speeds are different. so taking a corner and reading lines are essentially the same. we also think watching others will only take you so far coz things like throttle control cant really be seen that much by a car on the track. we're even more open to having all the silver can racers run together rather than split them up in separate teams. personally i learned driving the most during actual racing - coz there you'll be able to really see the lines when you're trying to keep up with the faster guy in front of you or even when defending.

but thanks for the suggestion, we know you're intetnions are good. but we think for now it would be better to have many participants in less classes rather than many classes with few participants in each class - this is so we get a chance to run with each other rather than separately and learn more in the process. from the start we wanted to keep the classes to a minimum... so lets see first how this goes. and yes, (as you said) there's also just too little time to include more classes. we really want to end the races by 6pm the latest so people have time attend to otehr personal commitments.

but again, the tamiya stock touring boys are more than welcome to join the silver can class - in fact we encourage it! pero yung mga "obvious vets" (im sure we know who they are hehehe ) it might be better to keep them in the other classes. and we think its also about time for them to start running faster classes coz that will also be training for them when they go back to running stock classes. even the "vets" need to get better since they are the one's likely to represent us internationaly in the future. meron nga silver can racer na ganun din mentality, nag practice the day before using a 23t para pag dating sa sabado mas madali mag silver can.... and i think he's really going about it the right way.

lastly, para rin naman the novices have a better chance to make the a-main and get to have the much coveted "photo-ops" at the end of the race with the winners trophies!

sorry haba, just thought i'd explain why we designed the classes that way.

with that, hope to see you guys again in the up coming club races! lalo na ikaw! 19t tayo sa sabado! baka pati ako 19T kung wala mga ibang mod racers. dun tayo mag sama-sama.
Old 10-01-2007, 01:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

diba pwede magstart yung 19t ng mas maaga pa sa 1pm? hehe... alam niyo naman addict hehe...

suggestion lang naman toh sa silvercan i think mas ok kung pagsabayin na yung novice and expert class para naman yung mga novice maexperience makalaban yung level ng competition ng mga experts i think robo is right, mahirap makita sa pit natin or nakatayo sa tabi ng race track yung racing lines not unless aakyat sila sa driver stand. Also, opinion ko lang po hehe, mas ok kung may kalaro ka talaga na magaling yung tipong alam mo iiwanan ka kasi masmabilis ka matututo doon pagnalapan ka na ng faster car kasi minsan doon mo makikita yung racing line and yung throttle control ng mas mabilis sayo tapos kahit papaano nagagaya mo na din yon lalo na kung kahit 3laps makasabay ka sa bilis niya ok na yon eh. yon lang po hehe...
Old 10-01-2007, 01:55 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by bmmer701
diba pwede magstart yung 19t ng mas maaga pa sa 1pm? hehe... alam niyo naman addict hehe...

suggestion lang naman toh sa silvercan i think mas ok kung pagsabayin na yung novice and expert class para naman yung mga novice maexperience makalaban yung level ng competition ng mga experts i think robo is right, mahirap makita sa pit natin or nakatayo sa tabi ng race track yung racing lines not unless aakyat sila sa driver stand. Also, opinion ko lang po hehe, mas ok kung may kalaro ka talaga na magaling yung tipong alam mo iiwanan ka kasi masmabilis ka matututo doon pagnalapan ka na ng faster car kasi minsan doon mo makikita yung racing line and yung throttle control ng mas mabilis sayo tapos kahit papaano nagagaya mo na din yon lalo na kung kahit 3laps makasabay ka sa bilis niya ok na yon eh. yon lang po hehe...
bmmer: most sensible post i read all day ..... pero regarding start time, sensya na josh, mejo kung ganun mas maaga pa kami dapat sa track. as it is we're among the first to arrive and the last to leave. hope you understand. but we hope to start at 1pm sharp this saturday.

.... like i said, "as much as possible" novice class. but as also mentioned, mas ok pa kung mag sabay nalang kayo kaysa pag hiwalayin pa ang expert at novice. makes things so much simpler! we're also trying to think of the bigger picture. we also want the long time silver can racers to also improve and make the step up to a faster class. and there are a number of veteran silver can racers who can and have run faster motors ... iba nga diyan nagmo-mod na eh. we want everyone to improve, not just the silver can racers. pati mod racers pwede mag improve. even world champs try to constantly improve.
Old 10-01-2007, 06:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

D nalang kaya i-sabay yung mga expert silver can class sa heat ng mga non-experts? Para naman matikman ng mga novices ang bilis ng mga expert. Pero gawing different overall classification ang expert at novice? Or after a few races, masasanay narin mga novices sa silvercan that we should be trained to run with the experts
Old 10-01-2007, 07:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mailboxck
D nalang kaya i-sabay yung mga expert silver can class sa heat ng mga non-experts? Para naman matikman ng mga novices ang bilis ng mga expert. Pero gawing different overall classification ang expert at novice? Or after a few races, masasanay narin mga novices sa silvercan that we should be trained to run with the experts

ayos yan ganyan. magagauge niyo ung laptimes niyo kung ok ba o hindi

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.