Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Manila Racers
Electric Touring / On-Road RC >

Electric Touring / On-Road RC

Like Tree1Likes

Electric Touring / On-Road RC

Old 09-25-2007, 08:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

coming soon from XTREME RC Hobbies...

Once in a great while an innovation occurs that so completely improves upon what is available that it sparks a change from one way of thinking to another. It's a revolution, a transformation, a metamorphosis where old ideas are left behind and a new way of thinking takes over.
The Schumacher Mi3 is the first next generation touring car. It will set new standards for 4WD electric touring car design. Featuring a host of design innovations and a unique ultra modern look the Mi3 will be the car to beat at race tracks around the world and the benchmark all new touring cars will be compared to.

Mi3 breaks 100mph barrier

At the recent 2007 Schumacher Speed Event at Shakespeare County Raceway drag strip, Schumacher drivers Leon Morrell and Johnny Dronfield won the electric class with the awesome speed of 103.0mph (165kph) with their Mi3.
The car featured twin Core 5000 Lipo packs, twin Speed Passion 3.5 brushless motors, twin Nosram speed controls, twin receivers, and twin drivers! Leon controlled the steering and throttle and as he began accelerating and shout of ‘Hit it Johnny!’ was heard and Johnny came in with the second throttle control and doubled the power.

WATCH GERRY SOLER RUN HIS Mi3 on SATURDAY @ JP Raceway
Old 09-25-2007, 04:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

WOW!!!

Do I hear people starting to set aside their Christmas bonuses? I read the review of this kit and on paper it's everything from being innovative to (dominantly?) competitive. Not to mention it really looks GREAT! As the saying goes...if it looks like a duck and quacks likes a duck, it must be a duck.

Dang...I wonder if we'll get to see an Mi3 v. 416 head-to-head at JP sometime soon? What other new releases are we expecting from Assoc, HB, Kyosho et al that could very well make for a wonderful Christmas?
Old 09-25-2007, 04:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tantalus007
sana nga at 008 and no division needed...
Weinner: If I divide it, then hindi na pwede lipo.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

rbboy: di ko pa sir mapapatakbo this saturday. still waiting for my novak gtb system to arrive back from charlie. likely next week pa sir. pero by this sat buo na yun so drop by if you wanna have a look see .... have to have a body painted pa and then get some battery strapping tape to fasten some 4800 LiPos to this baby! so for this sat its still the Losi Type-R. by the way, where should i send the parts list to? email?

JP: 008? s400? m-i-3? choose but choose wisely, and choose one already! hehehe ... and since nasa istate-side ka na, kuha ka na ng LiPo diyan! Para pag dating dito salpak nalang agad! ..... (barring any milling work depending on which chassis you decide on).

neil: very exciting indeed! the mi3 has been around a few months so the 416 is the next in line in terms of releases. as for AE TC5 and Kyosho Stallion, are not likely to have new replacements given they are newly released as well ... same goes with Corally and their Phi .... among those who havnt had an "all new car" out in a while are yokomo and HB/HPI .... maybe they'll surprise us but i wouldn't hold my breath though .. hehe ... ready na ba sir for saturday? excited na rin kami ...
Old 09-25-2007, 06:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Sir ROBORAT: good day po i'd just like to add up a suggestion for saturdays race, if you could, please be strict on having the non players turn off their transmitters and receivers during races.

had a prob kse last sat, altho hndi magkafrequency, nagka signal spike ako causing my car to lose control and not takeoff from the start line. just to eliminate possible problems and car damages this coming weekend. thanks!

sana saturday na!!! =)
xcited na kme ulet!
Old 09-25-2007, 07:05 PM
Tech Champion

MORE EP RACING FUN THIS WEEKEND!!! OPEN CLASS CLUB RACES ONCE MORE THIS SATURDAY AT JPRaceway!!!

When: This Saturday - Sept 29
Where: JP Raceway
Race Start: 1:30pm
Layout: same as last week

RACE CLASSES:

Open Modified Class
Rules
Motor: Brushed and Brushless Allowed
Battery: NiMh/Ni-Cd Sub-Cs and LiPoly allowed
Body: 190mm 4-Door Touring Car/Sedan Bodies Only (Any Brand)
Tires/Inserts/Rims: Open (Any Brand)
Weight Limit: 1,500 grams (race ready but without transponder)

Outlaw 19T Class
Rules
Motor: Any brushed 19T with fixed timing and 10.5 Brushless Motors
Body: 190mm 4-Door Touring Car/Sedan Bodies Only (Any Brand)
Tires/Inserts/Rims: Open (Any Brand)
Weight Limit: 1,500 grams (race ready but without transponder)

Silver Can/Novice Class
Rules
Motor: Silver Can 540 Motors Only (Mabuchi, Johnson)
Body: Any 190mm 4-Door TC/Sedan and GT, Rally type body. (ie. Tamiya Stock Touring Bodies)
Tires/Inserts/Rims: Open - Any On Road Tires with 24mm rims (Any Brand)
Weight Limit: None
Electronics: Open - any mechanical or electronic speed control allowed

Race Format:
5 minute runs for all classes
Qualifying: Two Rounds (best run counts)
Finals: Triple Main Finals (Drop 1);
Points System: 1st - 10pts; 2nd - 9pts; 3rd - 8 pts; 4th - 7 pts ... etc ....

Registration fee will be P350 for first entry(only P50 over the normal track/practice fee at JP), P100/additional entry.

Initial Sched of upcoming Saturday Club Races @ JP Raceway (subject to change):
Sept 29
Oct 13
Oct 20

Special thanks to:
Mr. JP Reyes for the awsome track/facilities.
Mr. Mike "Pitshop" Ang for the use of his amb transponder system.

A Friendly Note (): We are currently sourcing out a printer for this saturday to facilitate printing of heat results. Hopefully we'll have one before then. Will also have a mic available to use with the PA system there.

SEE YOU ALL ON SATURDAY!!!! RAIN OR SHINE! WOOOOHOOO!!!
Old 09-25-2007, 08:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Robo: Ain't got no melk, pero still being melked pa din...

ano saturday na ba?

pag wala 19t on sat sa mabuchi ako, beginner pa naman eh

bully sa race si weinner, binubully ako sa straight...

sir JP: try ka ng ep
Old 09-25-2007, 09:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

tanta: sponsor mo ulit ako ng motors?

minimi: oist itakbo mo na yung xrayted t2 mo!!! mabubulok lang yan!!!

sana may quorum na ng 19t
Old 09-25-2007, 09:38 PM
Tech Elite

NOW ON STOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CALL 7226180
Old 09-25-2007, 09:51 PM
Tech Champion

suntok2: itakbo mo na kasi yan pare! para makita naman namin pano tumakbo yan ....

porshaa: no worries pare ... will do that.

Miguel: basta puna ka lang .... motor or batts pwede ka namin pahiramin. mag mod ka kaya? kaya mo nitro so kaya mo na rin tulin ng modified!
Old 09-26-2007, 12:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ROBORAT
rbboy: di ko pa sir mapapatakbo this saturday. still waiting for my novak gtb system to arrive back from charlie. likely next week pa sir. pero by this sat buo na yun so drop by if you wanna have a look see .... have to have a body painted pa and then get some battery strapping tape to fasten some 4800 LiPos to this baby! so for this sat its still the Losi Type-R. by the way, where should i send the parts list to? email?

JP: 008? s400? m-i-3? choose but choose wisely, and choose one already! hehehe ... and since nasa istate-side ka na, kuha ka na ng LiPo diyan! Para pag dating dito salpak nalang agad! ..... (barring any milling work depending on which chassis you decide on).

neil: very exciting indeed! the mi3 has been around a few months so the 416 is the next in line in terms of releases. as for AE TC5 and Kyosho Stallion, are not likely to have new replacements given they are newly released as well ... same goes with Corally and their Phi .... among those who havnt had an "all new car" out in a while are yokomo and HB/HPI .... maybe they'll surprise us but i wouldn't hold my breath though .. hehe ... ready na ba sir for saturday? excited na rin kami ...
ROBO: nyak! kala ko pa naman mada-drive ko na! joke! nga pala la pa yung gtb.. oks daan ako on sat.. email it to me at [email protected] im keen on trying the Corally PHI... hay nako buhay di makapilli torn between 2 lovers eh

JP: Mi3! PHI! hehehe! mapapa-esEP-esEP nako bumalik sa EP nyan best regards! buy the Mi3 na there hahaha!
Old 09-26-2007, 12:09 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ROBORAT
suntok2: itakbo mo na kasi yan pare! para makita naman namin pano tumakbo yan ....

porshaa: no worries pare ... will do that.

Miguel: basta puna ka lang .... motor or batts pwede ka namin pahiramin. mag mod ka kaya? kaya mo nitro so kaya mo na rin tulin ng modified!

Bradir si EDgar mauuna tumakbo nang Electric serpent.
Old 09-26-2007, 12:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (97%+)

Originally Posted by suntok2
Eh kung sabayan mo na lang kaya?! Para masaya

Toink
Old 09-26-2007, 12:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by suntok2
Pano ilagay ang lipo? kasya ba?
Old 09-26-2007, 01:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

robo: sa open mod or spec 19t ba maiden run ng MI3 mo???

miguel: sino kaya ang bully sa sweeper??? sige, no problem sa motor... kapag sinipag uli ako magcut... petiks na eh...

jp: no division indeed... hopefully we see you in the upcoming races with your kit of choice...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.