Electric Touring / On-Road RC >

Electric Touring / On-Road RC

Like Tree1Likes

Electric Touring / On-Road RC

Old 07-29-2007, 03:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lewd Skywalker
Sorry medyo late na ito, napansin ko lang sa gilid nung 4800 pack, DO NOT CHARGE MORE THAN 4 AMPS
OMFG!!!!
Old 07-29-2007, 06:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Voodooph: Oks lang yan bro, its still 1C eh. Basta remember as follows:

- charging at higher current MAY degrade performance and shorten battery life, no harm in charging at lower rates, pero it takes too F long
- make sure you're not over geared, check your Lipo temperature after the 5 min run, should not be more than 60degC. Optimal temp should be around 40-45 degC after a 5 min run. LiPos are more sensitive to heat than SubCs.
- be sure not to over-discharge, don't let the battery voltage go below 3V/cell (that is 6V for a 2-cell 7.4V pack). Actually pwede naman upto 2.75V/cell pero sobrang sagad na yun, I won't recommend. Better invest in the LiPO Smart Stop (cut-off) if your ESC isn't equipped with one.
- let it cool after a run, esp. if you're going to charge it again
- use the right charger, and make sure you're charging with the correct setting
- never drop it, kahit naka-case yang mga LiPo natin manipis pa din yung plastic and you can dent the soft insides.
- IN CASE, napansin ninyo lumobo or umiinit ng todo yung pack, ilayo ninyo to a safe place then dispose properly. kung tuloy-tuloy lumolobo yung pack, lumayo na kayo hehe fireworks yan for sure after awhile

Now I have experienced LIPO and BL in r/c cars... I can definitely agree that these technologies will be the future of R/C car racing. Sigurado yan, madami pang lalabas kanya-kanyang pakulo mga manufacturers.

Kokams (other than Peak/Orion), MaxAmps, ThunderPower, etc. yan ang mga aabangang brands sa LiPoly.

Tagal naman ng next race Anyone care to practice runs this coming weekend? Gawa tayo mini-race, kahit pindot system lang (laptop + software)
Old 07-29-2007, 06:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

..Pre bakit yung mga EP chassis ngayon nagmumukhang nitro na (side belts) hehe
hehe, yung xxxs, single belt. yung mga bagong labas ngayon na touring, dual belt. ito naman, triple belt iniba nila yung layout ng chassis, dati naka 4x2 central batt to.

top view of the magic ep touring
Attached Thumbnails Electric Touring / On-Road RC-img_0537.jpg  
Old 07-29-2007, 06:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Lewd: glad you're happy with the lipo/BL combo ..... i am too! definitely! this is the way to go. now i can concentrate more on my car rather than battery and motor maintenance inbetween heats. Sarap talaga!!! as for lipo being advantageous, i wouldnt say that. i agree though about the wieght thats why many races abrouad that allow lipo have imposed a 1500gr weight limit to neutralize that. with wieght being controlled, the playing field becomes fair. actually, as mentioned to you last sat, i think the car being too light weight does have some negative effects on the car's overall traction and stability. mine felt as though it was floating through the corners, a little less planted as the car throws its weight around. im actually looking forward to adding the lead weights to see how it improves the car.

... but i still thing from a strictly power output perspective, theres no clear advantage between lipo and nimh. fresh and good quality nimh packs really have insane voltage as well. when my nimh matched packs were new, my car was "balistic" too. when i switched to lipo i think they are just about the same. in fact, definifely mas malaki pa ang difference ng loose nimh vs matched nimh .... but we never had issues having them run together.

anyway, lets not belabor the point .... alam na ng lahat yun. now its time to charge up those packs and go racing!!! woooohoooooo!!! SARAAAAAAP!!!!
Old 07-29-2007, 07:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ROBORAT
Lewd: glad you're happy with the lipo/BL combo ..... i am too! definitely! this is the way to go. now i can concentrate more on my car rather than battery and motor maintenance inbetween heats. Sarap talaga!!! as for lipo being advantageous, i wouldnt say that. i agree though about the wieght thats why many races abrouad that allow lipo have imposed a 1500gr weight limit to neutralize that. with wieght being controlled, the playing field becomes fair. actually, as mentioned to you last sat, i think the car being too light weight does have some negative effects on the car's overall traction and stability. mine felt as though it was floating through the corners, a little less planted as the car throws its weight around. im actually looking forward to adding the lead weights to see how it improves the car.

... but i still thing from a strictly power output perspective, theres no clear advantage between lipo and nimh. fresh and good quality nimh packs really have insane voltage as well. when my nimh matched packs were new, my car was "balistic" too. when i switched to lipo i think they are just about the same. in fact, definifely mas malaki pa ang difference ng loose nimh vs matched nimh .... but we never had issues having them run together.

anyway, lets not belabor the point .... alam na ng lahat yun. now its time to charge up those packs and go racing!!! woooohoooooo!!! SARAAAAAAP!!!!
Robo: Sa MOD I talagang walang clear advantage, lamang lang ng Lipo would probably be sa spec class. Lalo sa stock. Mataas talaga (8.4v at full charge) and halos linear ang discharge curve ng Lipo so advantage yun sa classes na iyon.

Kung power to weight ratio pag-uusapan, lamang talaga. Pero you have to tune your car na on-rails talaga para masulit yung advantage na ito. Though when regulations are applied, talagang fair and square na yan. Hmm... pwede pala sa r/c drag race maka-lamang diba Voodooph??? 4800Lipo + 3.5R or 2.5R!!!

Anyway let's not go about it baka ma-misinterpret at ma-protest ang mga naka-Lipo. Basta pare-parehong battery lang yan Nasa driving na lang daanin

Originally Posted by marvi
hehe, yung xxxs, single belt. yung mga bagong labas ngayon na touring, dual belt. ito naman, triple belt iniba nila yung layout ng chassis, dati naka 4x2 central batt to.

top view of the magic ep touring
Marvi: Pre siguro maglalabas din sila ng Lipo packs na naka 3x3 congfiguration

Mitch: Kaya naman pala di mo mai-set yung ride-height at droop ko eh, kapos yung shock length. Mas maiksi yung shock ball end nung JRXS kaysa sa Type R. Talagang di makukuha yung 4.5+3 at 4.5+4. Pwede na pre, sama lahat terms pa dun sa dati presyo
Old 07-29-2007, 08:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (97%+)

Pwede na pre, sama lahat terms pa dun sa dati presyo
TUKSO

Toink
Old 07-29-2007, 08:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Lewd: actually, sa spec nga may konting lamang ang nimh .. but anyway, broken record na tayo niyo. sabak na! in the end, driver choice nalang yan and driving skill will still be the biggest factor.

mga EP boys: kung walang race this sat, at walang akong lakad, ep practis and/or mock race tayo sa JP. gusto ko pa mag set up while the track is warm. medjo malamig nung sat so malamang iba handling and i'll have to adjust my set up even more. konting tono pa .... di pa ako 100% hapi sa handling although much better na auto ko last sat.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ROBORAT
Lewd: actually, sa spec nga may konting lamang ang nimh .. but anyway, broken record na tayo niyo. sabak na! in the end, driver choice nalang yan and driving skill will still be the biggest factor.

mga EP boys: kung walang race this sat, at walang akong lakad, ep practis and/or mock race tayo sa JP. gusto ko pa mag set up while the track is warm. medjo malamig nung sat so malamang iba handling and i'll have to adjust my set up even more. konting tono pa .... di pa ako 100% hapi sa handling although much better na auto ko last sat.
Tara praktis tayo... saan ba makakapag download nung race software na di-pendots? dati may ginagamit kami sa circle noong di pa uso yung AMB eh... pependot ka lang nung 1-10 pag daan nung kotse, tapos number/sticker lang nakalagay sa kotse mo... si JR o si Ramil ang pependot sa laptop hehe... will bring my PC...
Old 07-29-2007, 09:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

lewd: thanks for the meal last sat... regards na rin kay charlie and novak...

toink: too bad you left early... hindi mo narinig fearless forecast ni jay... nagdilang anghel si motor master jay...

jay: el presidente ka nga...

robo:
kulang pa rin yung setup mo last sat??? what more pa kaya if you get an almost perfect setup for your kit...
Old 07-29-2007, 10:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (97%+)

Originally Posted by tantalus007
toink: too bad you left early... hindi mo narinig fearless forecast ni jay... nagdilang anghel si motor master jay...
Abuh! Anong fearless forecast nanaman yan?! Nagdilaan kayo??

Toink
Old 07-30-2007, 12:24 AM
Tech Master

You are cordially invited to the...

Rnold and Oldskul's Birthday Race

Tentative Date: August 11, 2007

Time: Track opens at 8am, Race Proper starts at 11am

Registration Fee: 700 pesos only, additional entry is 250 pesos

Includes: All-day buffet, softdrinks and beer will be served. Smoke all you can cigarettes too.

Classes:
-Tamiya Stock Touring Class (expert drivers are not allowed in this class)
-Open Stock 23T Class
-Open Modified Class

Regulations:
Tamiya Stock Touring Class
-Tamiya TT-01 Chassis only
-Mabuchi Silver can motor (2 vents only)
-TEU ESC only
-Only the following three kinds of tire can be used:
#50419 Racing Radial Tire, #50454 Racing Slick Tires, #50810 Racing Semi-Slick Tires
-Only Tamiya batteries allowed in this class (up to 3700mah)
-Weight limit: 1,450g without a transponder

Open Stock 23T Class
-Any 4WD EP chassis
-Any brand stock 23 turn motor
-24mm rubber tires only
-6-Cell NiMH/NiCD and Lipo batteries allowed
-190mm 4-door touring sedan body only
-Weight limit: 1,500g without transponder

Open Modified Class
-Any 4WD EP chassis
-Brushed/Brushless motors allowed
-24mm rubber tires only

NOTE: Use of Personal Transponders are encouraged and will be given a 50 pesos discount on race fee. Those who don’t have a Personal Transponder will have an additional 50 pesos on their race fee

We hope you can be with us as we celebrate our special day.

Attire: racing (joke)

RSVP: Oldskul – 0918 3453746
Rnold – 0920 9538177

layout to follow

Last edited by oldskul; 07-30-2007 at 01:10 AM.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

ayos.

anong racing attire? complete with crash helmet ba?
Old 07-30-2007, 01:23 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by oldskul
You are cordially invited to the...

Rnold and Oldskul's Birthday Race

Tentative Date: August 11, 2007

Time: Track opens at 8am, Race Proper starts at 11am

Registration Fee: 700 pesos only, additional entry is 250 pesos

Includes: All-day buffet, softdrinks and beer will be served. Smoke all you can cigarettes too.

Classes:
-Tamiya Stock Touring Class (expert drivers are not allowed in this class)
-Open Stock 23T Class
-Open Modified Class

Regulations:
Tamiya Stock Touring Class
-Tamiya TT-01 Chassis only
-Mabuchi Silver can motor (2 vents only)
-TEU ESC only
-Only the following three kinds of tire can be used:
#50419 Racing Radial Tire, #50454 Racing Slick Tires, #50810 Racing Semi-Slick Tires
-Only Tamiya batteries allowed in this class (up to 3700mah)
-Weight limit: 1,450g without a transponder

Open Stock 23T Class
-Any 4WD EP chassis
-Any brand stock 23 turn motor
-24mm rubber tires only

Open Modified Class
-Any 4WD EP chassis
-Brushed/Brushless motors allowed
-24mm rubber tires only

NOTE: Use of Personal Transponders are encouraged and will be given a 50 pesos discount on race fee. Those who don’t have a Personal Transponder will have an additional 50 pesos on their race fee

We hope you can be with us as we celebrate our special day.

Attire: racing (joke)

RSVP: Oldskul – 0918 3453746
Rnold – 0920 9538177

layout to follow
Yan OK. I'll not miss this race for sure. Count me in, malamang as open mod
Old 07-30-2007, 01:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rough512
ayos.

anong racing attire? complete with crash helmet ba?

rough, di pwede crash helmet, panty o kaya bra na lang sa ulo

see you guys on the 11th
Old 07-30-2007, 03:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Rnold/Oldskul: count me in. thanks for the announcement.

tantalus/toink: ndi pala totoo nangyari sakin. did a motor run yesterday and its good. brushes lang pala. next time ndi na ako magsalita sa huling takbo.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.