Electric Touring / On-Road RC >

Electric Touring / On-Road RC

Like Tree1Likes

Electric Touring / On-Road RC

Old 06-12-2007, 08:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by marvi
lewd: yung binabarena yung lipo tapos sumabog ba yun? grabe, dapat binigay na lang nila sa kin yung batt
Binabarena yung Lipo?!?!
Old 06-12-2007, 09:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lewd Skywalker
wala ng woooooot woooooootttt, weeeeeeeeeeeeng weeeeeeeeeeeeeeng or baka sssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssss na lang at tire screech ang madidinig
100% correct!!! wwwweeeeennnnnnggggggg!!! wwwweeeeennnnnnggggggg!!! is here to stay!!!
Old 06-12-2007, 09:59 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default safety first

Hey Guys,

Its good to see everyone is finally shifting to lipo technology.

I guess to minimize risk of fire, we should follow those safety rules
noted on the previous page.

Here are some links to "blazing lipos" or "What not to do with lipos"

lipo booboo's
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=463204

deliberate over-charging
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151687

PS: When you go lipo, you aint going back to Round cells.
Old 06-12-2007, 02:11 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi guys,
off topic lang. Ano po ba ang schedule ng on-road racing nyo sa Manila. bakasyon kasi kami dyan from LA from June 24 up to July 15. I may bring my electric RC. Any information is appreciated.
Thanks,
Victor
Old 06-12-2007, 05:44 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TANTA
Hi guys,
off topic lang. Ano po ba ang schedule ng on-road racing nyo sa Manila. bakasyon kasi kami dyan from LA from June 24 up to July 15. I may bring my electric RC. Any information is appreciated.
Thanks,
Victor
For sure may race somewhere on those dates you mentioned. Most likely the shootout series is still on-going at that time.
Old 06-12-2007, 06:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lewd Skywalker
jay> tama ka, sana payagan din mga naka non-lipo at non-BL tumakbo sa class na yun. the more, the merrier
i think we have to be clear on what we want coz we might be confusing the other readers of this forum.

what was agreed upon last saturday was having a serparate lipo class. but unfortunately other details were not discussed. we did not decide on what motors to run BUT, seeing that the early adapters & those already willing to to take the lipo plunge are mostly the mod racers anyway (ie. me, jason, jp, raj, etc) open mod is likely going to be the motor to be run in this upcoming lipo class .... and if it will be open mod, then brushed and BL will of course be allowed (legal na yun up to IFMAR).

siyempre ako i am all for having nimh and lipo racers run together. that way we dont split the racers into two sub groups and have trouble getting decent quorums. i dont think there are major advantages in using lipo in terms of power output and speed anyway - in fact it is known that in spec racing at least, nimh still has a slight advantage in terms of punch/power. but in the end having nimh and lipo run together will have to be decided as a conscensus ... opinion ko lang yun. kaso kung di magka-agreehan, then thats where a separate lipo class will come in - kasi mukhang we have enough racers to form a quorum anyway ... sigurado rin naman lalaki ng lalaki rin ang lipo users.

i think the idea of initially having a separate class for lipo is a compromise more than anything just so we can get lipo up and running. tingin ko the natural thing to happen is that people will likely migrate to lipo anyway simply coz it makes more sense given the benefits over nimh lalo na in terms of cost sacings. kaya isip isip mga kapatid!
Old 06-12-2007, 07:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Robo> thanks for clearing that up, medyo kulang nga sa details nung gabi na-open yan.

Sa'kin lang naman eh, maybe the initial step that the race organizers could make is ALLOW lithium polymer battery users to join the OPEN MOD races. When R/C started dati pinangalan yun OPEN MOD dahil run what you bring, kahit ano pa yan nakasaksak sa oto mo, 5-turn ,4-turn, Lead Acid powered, nuclear powered... kidding aside, sana lang payagan naka lipo to join.

Robo is right, wala naman masyadong advantage except for light weight, savings and the additional voltage. Pero a hotter mod motor for those sub-C users can compensate for the higher voltage enjoyed by LiPo users, and to be honest pare mas malakas pa din bigay na current ng mga sub-Cs so if those lipo users would put lower turn motors or change their gear ratios, eh di naman kaya ibigay ng lipo yung power required. This is for MOD races only.

Talagang unfair naman kung sa STOCK, 23T or 19T eh may naka-LiPo at naka-sub-C lang, advantage yung naka-LiPo.

Anyways, tama nasa organizers pa din yan. Kung pure LiPo class lang, at may quorum, tapos yung mga hindi naka-LiPo walang quorum eh di yung isa lang may karera mapipilitan siyempre bumili ng LiPo, at matutuwa yung mga shops.

Basta a move that would be significant and plausibly agreeable (JP tama ba'to?) is allow LiPO users to race sa OPEN MOD. If not then make a separate LiPO MOD class dahil may quorum naman. Later, dahil uso na LiPO at wala nang class na non-LiPO... meron na tayo ng LiPO 23T, LiPO 27T, LiPO 19T, etc.

Let's fly! Este, let's race...

ps> baka later on maging LiPO BL class na yan

hmm... parang lalong gumulo hehe
Old 06-12-2007, 07:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

rough the magician, minagic yung post ko my golly

http://www.liposack.com/LipoSackv.wmv

right click, save as, open in wmp lipo fireworks

oks yung lipo for open class open motor, open batt (7.4v lipo or 6-cell nimh), but with minimum weight (1500+ g ?)
Old 06-12-2007, 07:53 PM
Tech Master

Ako, anything that is agreed upon by the old time racers and the organizer, ok din with me.
Lipo class is what was determined last saturday to get the ball rolling. Meaning, everyone in the class must/can use Lipo regardless of motor. But, I'm assuming everyone will be using mod motors in Lipo class.
Now, with regard to Lipo being used in Open Mod or other motor classes, thats up to you guys and Mang. I have no preference one way or the other. Basta may Lipo class without restriction to what kind of motor is used (meaning pwede brushed or BL), masaya na ako.
Old 06-12-2007, 08:03 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by marvi
rough the magician, minagic yung post ko my golly

http://www.liposack.com/LipoSackv.wmv

right click, save as, open in wmp lipo fireworks

oks yung lipo for open class open motor, open batt (7.4v lipo or 6-cell nimh), but with minimum weight (1500+ g ?)
Where can we buy this LipoSack?
Old 06-12-2007, 08:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

not sure if its available locally, baka online purchase only for now

liposack website www.liposack.com

liposack list of dealers www.liposack.com/orders.html
Old 06-12-2007, 08:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

just thinking out loud... (naks, work mode)...

if the objective is to get the ball rolling for LiPo, maybe the easies route is to just ALOW the use of it in the Open Mod class, as Lewd mentioned.

Just so that those who already have and are getting in the very near future can already join and run their kits, and as we say, get the ball rolling for LiPo. However, for those who unwittingly invested far too much in NiMH the past couple of months (like me), and will have to "wait till the well gets full again," para di naman ma-OP, can still run their NiMH batts. the more weeeeeeeeeenggggggggggggg weeeeeeeeeeengggggggggggg the better diba?

Less classes in a race also means our race finishes earlier (which is good so we have time for our families or to visit certain dark places at the far flung corners of the south ). And since i guess we're all in agreement that LiPo is the way to go, people will eventually catch up anyway. before you know it, everybody running in Open Mod will be running LiPo.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

and i say it again .... im all for it!!! you wont hear me complaining if we decide to run nimh and lipo together thats really the ideal way. it really will be best for everyone since clearly there is no advantage currently with running one over the other. wish ko rin yun like you guys ... that way no one is forced into "unscheduled or unplanned" expenses. the whole point of getting into lipo in the first place is really to save on costs and lessen the headaches of maintaining nimh packs.

.... if in the end it will be a spearate lipo class, then count me still! if it will be allowed in open mod with nimh, then double !!! .... i say even better! either way, lipo will be my next battery purchase. have no plans on spending on nimh again. the matched packs i recently bought for cebu already have cells that are deteriorated. ayoko na mangyari ulit yun. *sniff* sakit sa bulsa ....
Old 06-13-2007, 01:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Robo / Voodooh> Agreed! Tama yan Tara, atat na'ko mag laro. Wala ba weekly club races? Parang sayang gamit pag once every two weeks lang pinaglalaruan hehe

Marvi> OK yan LiPosack ah... tama yan sa sobrang paranoid. Di kaya asbestos cloth or fire retardant cloth lang yan tinahi parang bag?

Meron ako dito mga lumang-luma lipo cells (super below capacity, sugak na) na pwede natin gawan ng video gaya nyan, sino volunteer for the charger?

JP> Go!!! Sana umabot equipment mo sa 19T spec shoot-out. Kahit di ka muna mag-lipo pahiramin kita batts. EP EP EP EP EP EP EP EP EP EP EP EP EP !!! Sali ako ha, team JPRacing hehe. Pare, may alam ako pwedeng pag gamitan nung Liposack hehe

Voodoo> san yang dark places far south? alam ko sa race track madami dark places, sarap nga mag night games dun dati
Old 06-13-2007, 01:45 AM
Tech Adept

tabi tabi po mga kapatid.

game din ako sa lipo. GAME na.

wag nyo na paguluhin mga karera. kahit anong gusto nyo gamitin nyo kahit battery pa ng kotse. hehehe. mag lipo ang gusto mag lipo, di naman siguro kalaki ang advantage pag lipo gamit. RACE nalang ng RACE.

Peace mga kapatid.

weeeeng....weeeng....HAHAHA

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.