Electric Touring / On-Road RC >

Electric Touring / On-Road RC

Like Tree1Likes

Electric Touring / On-Road RC

Old 06-03-2007, 04:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (89%+)

Originally Posted by Lewd Skywalker
Marvi, Tommi: Just to really make things clearer, the Futaba HRS receiver WILL WORK with ANALOG servos. Just make sure the transmitter is set to FM mode, this way the HRS receiver will automatically shift to FM (not PCM, not HRS) mod and accept the signal and WORK with the ANALOG, or even with DIGITAL servo (but at slower transmission rate). Sana di kayo naguluhan OK?

Summary:
1. Futaba 3PK + HRS receiver will work with DIGITAL servos, in FM and HRS mode.
2. Futaba 3PK + HRS receiver will work with ANALOG servos, only in FM mode.
3. Futaba 3PK + PCM OR FM receiver will work with both DIGITAL and ANALOG SERVOS, in PCM OR FM mode of transmission.
4. ANALOG and DIGITAL servos wont work on conditions other than that specified above.

what about this combo?

Futaba 3PJ + PCM Reciever

will digital servos work on this set? or am i stuck to using analog?
Old 06-03-2007, 05:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tommi Makkinen
what about this combo?

Futaba 3PJ + PCM Reciever

will digital servos work on this set? or am i stuck to using analog?
Hi Raymund, yup it should work fine. I am also using 5 digital servos (3x S-9255s, 1x S-3152 and the GY601+9251 combo) on my PCM1024 R-149DP 9ch receiver on my other helicopter set-up, which works the same as your 3PJ + PCM receiver combo. My daughter's M-chassis is using the Futaba 3PM-FM + FM receiver and the Futaba S-3050 sport digital wala naman kaming problem.

Marvi> Sige will try to look for those rolling toolboxes. Dapat walang problem yun. Baka hindi mo cincycle yung power switch when you changed from HRS to FM mode. Dapat i-off then on again, then turn-on the receiver power, the analog servo should work fine. Tinry na namin sa shop yun using the newer 3PK super and yung sa'kin (3PK gold). If you want to try, try using S-3003 lang na used para mura in case masunog, pero I can guarantee you as long as you follow the instructions (nasa manual naman ng 3PK HRS) di masusunog yan hehe.
Old 06-03-2007, 05:51 PM
Tech Elite

additional pala...

you can even mix analog and digital servos on a PCM, standard FM receiver and HRS receiver working in FM mode, pero not on an HRS receiver working in HRS mode otherwise masusunog yung analog servo mo.

example application- my previous heli
3x S-9255 on elevator, aileron and pitch (digital)
1x S-9254 on GY401 gyro (digital)
1x S-3001 on throttle (analog)
using an R-149DP PCM1024 receiver

another- my friend's GP boat
1x S-3001 on throttle
1x S-3152 on steering
using a R-113iP PCM1024 receiver + 3PJ (non-super)

Goodluck 'kaw ha tatanong-tanong ka pa, loyal Futaba user ka naman
Old 06-03-2007, 06:06 PM
Tech Elite

thanks boss Lewd... now it totally clears up everything...

now all i have to do is look for a digital servo for sale na mura...
Old 06-03-2007, 06:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Lewd: wag ka na muna gumastos sa tire warmers. lets limit your expeses first. i ran last weekend without using warmers and the car was fine. if i may ask, what inserts and rims did you use with your sorex 36s? i suggest you try the super soft inserts of much more (pink) coz the air gap will induce more mechanical grip and your tires the heat they need. gumamit ka naman ng tfx2 compound nung tumakbo ka right? dapat nag invest ka nalang pards sa brushed/brushless esc (Novak/LRP) .... dun ka makaka tipid pards. upfront lang yung cost but in the long run you'll save on motor maintenance and brushes plus dont need to worry about lathes, etc .... then you'll just need one 4.5 maybe and a stock 27t so you can join most of the races at JP. anyway, itakbo ma pa rin yan sa sabado pards! isali mo yung 19t mo sa mod class ... ok lang yan, im sure you'll still do fine and put in decent times. text ka lang o post dito kung may kelangan ka and we'll try to help as much as we can to make your transition back to on-road smooth!

voodoo: try out the stuff i mentioned sa text and let me know if that helps. as for thread lock, try using locktite or ae. the tamiya thread lock is think and takes time to cure/dry up before reaching maximum holding strength.

Last edited by ROBORAT; 06-03-2007 at 07:10 PM.
Old 06-03-2007, 07:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ricky_savage
curious,

sa wakas may pang alis kati na rin ako d2 sa saudi

WoW!!! laki ng racetrack.. easy ka lang at baka magalit sayo ang mga arabo pag panay ang alp mo sa kanila...

hmmmm... BL ka na din? d2 sa [inas marami na silang naka BL, pasalubungan mo nalang ako ng Bl para makasubok ako.
Old 06-03-2007, 08:01 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ROBORAT
Lewd: wag ka na muna gumastos sa tire warmers. lets limit your expeses first. i ran last weekend without using warmers and the car was fine. if i may ask, what inserts and rims did you use with your sorex 36s? i suggest you try the super soft inserts of much more (pink) coz the air gap will induce more mechanical grip and your tires the heat they need. gumamit ka naman ng tfx2 compound nung tumakbo ka right? dapat nag invest ka nalang pards sa brushed/brushless esc (Novak/LRP) .... dun ka makaka tipid pards. upfront lang yung cost but in the long run you'll save on motor maintenance and brushes plus dont need to worry about lathes, etc .... then you'll just need one 4.5 maybe and a stock 27t so you can join most of the races at JP. anyway, itakbo ma pa rin yan sa sabado pards! isali mo yung 19t mo sa mod class ... ok lang yan, im sure you'll still do fine and put in decent times. text ka lang o post dito kung may kelangan ka and we'll try to help as much as we can to make your transition back to on-road smooth!
Pre dun ako nagkamali, I used Sorex 36 with medium inserts (yun kasi gamit ko dati sa Kapitolyo) so yun muna tinry ko. Dapat pala I asked muna before I made the tire set. Anyway, so soft inserts will do better. I'm using spool nga pala sa JRXS and medyo understeer lang ako so I had to adjust my entry sa corners, I prefer the one-ways I had sa XXXS noon, may upgrade ba JRXS na ganun? will going back to front ball diff make it better? Ganda lang sa spool, parang GP i-drive, point and shoot hehe. Will try to join the mod shootout pag maluwag sched ko sa weekend, btw kelan practice ninyo?
Old 06-03-2007, 08:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lewd Skywalker
...Marvi>...If you want to try, try using S-3003 lang na used para mura in case masunog, pero I can guarantee you as long as you follow the instructions (nasa manual naman ng 3PK HRS) di masusunog yan hehe...
ok, try natin, manghihiram ako ng 3003 kay tommi para safe tayo pare pareho tingnan mo rin yung mga r/c specific rolling toolboxes, meron yata from HPI and team magic re. inserts, yun din ang ginamit ko pala, yung pink much more, sabi sa kin ni robo

tanta: bat nawala ka bigla kagabi? nagpunta ba kayo sa toyota alabang
Old 06-03-2007, 08:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

voodoo: did you try changing your setup nung tinakbo mo yung BL???

centerfire: musta takbo sa tac??? may binago ka sa setup???

lewd: tuloy-tuloy na sa onroad ah... see you this sat...

jay: meron ata akong spare nung kulang mo... left side... let me know if you need it...

toink:
pasensya na...

marvi:
hindi.... sa sucat kami... ikaw lang naman mahilig dumaan ng toyota alabang... pati si bmmer...
Old 06-03-2007, 08:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Pasingit na din

Futaba AM 29MHz crystals work fine on 29MHz FM KO propo Mars radio.

that is if you don't mind the occasional glitches when you're running full speed on the backstraights at JP. Spinout sa straights!!!

I did this yesterday sa TAC. Saved me from going back to fetch the correct crystals.
Old 06-03-2007, 08:46 PM
Tech Elite

thats new... futaba 29mhz crystals working on a KO radio set... parang yan yung "odd-balling" technique for Futaba AM radio sets...
Old 06-03-2007, 08:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

lewd: adjust mo set up mo with the spool pare. wag ka na gumastos sa one way. you can make the spool work even in spec class ... mine works fine, no it works great even with stock 27t so no reason why you cant make yours handle good as well in 19t. challenge ko ngayon is to find a set up for mod. will do that this weekend during the race. .... sayang gulong mo, sana nag tanong ka nga muna. iba set up sa jp. layo form kapitolyo. for starters, try these adjustments when using a spool: droop: more rear droop - start with going down 1mm on the droop gauge, front shock: go out one hole on the shock tower, another is to use the 41t front pulley! i might do that this sat!
Old 06-03-2007, 08:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kulapooot
mga gurus, newbie po ako....ung hpi rs4 3 evo kit parateng nmamatay mkna after 5-10 mins n pnpatakbo.. mnsan kaya png istart ulet right after mamatay makina...mnsan kelangan mo munang palamigen mkna ng mga 30 mins-1 hour bago mo nastart ulet.. hinala ko ng ooveheat ung kit...
*** sidewinder 20 percent(nabile s lils) gamet ko fuel..

pano kaya to ayusen to?? s tuning kaya??... wala talaga ako idea kung pano pagtono or mgadjust ng makina... help mga gurus... thanks .thanks!!!!

yes, overheat ang engine mo... richen the high speed needle first (counter clockwise). 1/12 turn at a time.
Old 06-03-2007, 09:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

ricky savage : kamusta? what's the surface of the track you posted?

lewd : dala ka baril sa sabado, para sa break in between heats... (just kidding)
Old 06-03-2007, 10:12 PM
Tech Elite

Robo> OK bro thanks will do that. Fun run naman eh not vying for anything, matuto lang ulit mag-setup ng auto hehe.

Highwayman> musta bro? Ala na'ko airsoft stuff, sold everything to a guy in Bacolod. Pag na-engganyo ulit, difficult to start from scratch again hehe.

Tanta> Sige bro, will try hehe

Marvi> Ok yun, mabait naman yan si Tommi eh. Matibay yang Futaba, guaranteed

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.