Search
Like Tree1Likes

Electric Touring / On-Road RC

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 05:13 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ROBORAT
raj: pare, there are two LiPo chargers out from Orion.

Avionics Advanced Flight Charger: http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXMRH8&P=7

and ...

Advantage Charger: http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...er&FVPROFIL=++

looking at the specs, will both get the job done equally well if i purchase and use the Orion Platinum Series LiPos? I guess im a bit thrown off on why they released two chargers ang they call one a "Flight" chrager. the Flight is $100 cheaper so thats a huge plus (i think its for LiPo only? meaing no NiMh charging)! sorry, i have not done much research on LiPo so not quite sure what to look for in a charger.
Roborat / Marvi
Hindi ako si Marvi pero I would agree with what he says (Get the Flight Charger) kasi the specs on the advanced series looks as if they have not completed the other functions on the charger.

Although Team Orion states that you dont need to balance charge their cells,
you will greatly improve your performance and longevity when balancing your packs during non-race days.

Some reading material

Flight Chargers
http://www.b-p-p.com/proddetail.php?prod=d_EOS_5IDP
http://www.b-p-p.com/proddetail.php?prod=e_EOS_1210i

Balancer
http://www.b-p-p.com/proddetail.php?prod=2_LBA10
Old 05-28-2007, 05:19 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by VooDooPH
seems like the silent charger is a good 2nd charger. i personally think it shouldn't replace your CTX-CM if you already have it. Features wise, the CM is still better for our usual NiMH race packs (at least you can monitor the deltapeak, temperature and mah going in, with the Silent you can't). But its good to have the Silent charger for repeaking or charging your LiPo packs (TX and/or race packs).

Been looking around for the balancer... so far i'v seen separate units that you use inline with your LiPo capable charger... not sure if they model specific though (meaning they can only work with a particular brand of charger). Noticed that the LiPo chargers for airplane use already have the balancer built in though.

VoodooPH:

Most inline balancers can function using different chargers as long as they are lipo chargers. The problem is with the balance tap connector incompatibility since diff manufacturers of lipo use diff types of balance plugs.

But- it is very simple (using a voltage tester, soldering equipment) to make a proper adaptor to suit your batterys tap connector.

the hyperion I posted above is a good balancer since it allows you to do passive balancing as well as active balancing or even stand alone balancing (after a race day)
Old 05-28-2007, 05:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

The hyperion looks like it will work with the MM Silent Charger (banana plugs). where is this available?
Old 05-28-2007, 06:29 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by VooDooPH
The hyperion looks like it will work with the MM Silent Charger (banana plugs). where is this available?
It will work bro, you can get it at the link i posted. Locally, you can get a clone of that hyperion at DuckRC (number is at RC shop directory)
Old 05-28-2007, 06:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

marvi: gaya-gaya! .... hehehe ... pero salamat pards! i figured yun nga yung difference. next question, regarding the device needed to balance lipo cells - do those come separately? or do some chargers come built in with balancers?...
sungit

re. balancing, as rajs said, orion suggests that there is no need to balance after every run. ive read that you can balance after about 30 runs, but ive also read that they were running lipos weekly for about a year without the need for balancing. you can check your platinum lipo if it is out of balance using a voltmeter. i forgot the minimum voltage difference acceptable for them to be considered to be out of balance

you can balance your platinum lipo using the flight advantage, carbon advantage, or ice clones ganito lang yun ...

1. positive charge lead on positive lipo plug
2. negative charge lead on lipo balancing plug (sa ilalim ng lipo battery)
3. charge to full capacity

pag nag peak na siya ...

2. negative charge lead on negative lipo plug
2. positive charge lead on lipo balancing plug
3. charge to full capacity

pag nag peak na ulit siya, ayos na, sunog na lipo mo j/k

ok na yan pag nag peak na. what you just did was charge each pair of cells separately ang design kasi ng platinum lipo, 2S 2P, meaning 2 cells (3.7v 2400mah each) wired in series (so magiging 7.4v 2400mah siya, diba pag series, nag-a-add yung voltage but mah remains the same?) then wired in parallel to another 2 cells (kaya nagiging 7.4v 4800mah siya, diba pag parallel, nag-a-add yung mah but voltage remains the same?)

hindi siya kasing accurate ng balance charging kasi pero ive read sa lipo thread na pwede na rin to

Originally Posted by roborat
...voodoo: yup, looking at the silent charger too. it will all boil down to functions and price. the Duratrax ICE and it's clones (Yokomo, Checkpoint) are also interesting. Tingin tingin lang ako muna ng mga options ... no rush pa naman. but defnitely very interested.
check mo yung mga recommended chargers ng orion for their platinum nung bumili kasi ako ng charger pang lipo, nag decide ako sa ice kasi yun ang isa sa mga recommended nila

lipo ka na! tamang tama yan sa jrxs type R pag nag tekin esc ka, spektrum micro receiver, at futaba 9550, tadtarin mo ng tingga yung chassis mo at mga 200+ grams underweight yan
Old 05-28-2007, 08:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

marvi: sensitib! parang kang bading! hahaha joke lang! ok lang, nasagot na ni raj ... salamat nalang! hahaha ... mag lipo naman talaga ako. its just a matter of when. ... hehehe but seriously, thanks sa info. natutunan ko na rin sa waka ang ibig sabihin ng 2P 2S. siguro in a couple of months kuha na ako ng LiPo.

voodoo: kaw? may silent charger ka na diba? so when you getting LiPOs?

Last edited by ROBORAT; 05-28-2007 at 08:51 AM.
Old 05-28-2007, 08:36 AM
Tech Champion

Guys, the P-Dub bumpers are on their way! They should be here by end of the week! Will compute the cost including all incidentals (ie. tax, shipping, etc). Will just PM you all once i get to compute everything.

Mini Toink/Mitch - 1 Xray
Gerry - 1 XRay, 1 JRXS
marvi/Fred - 1 BD, 1 JRXS
curious/Bing - 1 BD
voodoo/Jason - 1 BD
buboy - 1 415
Old 05-28-2007, 06:04 PM
Tech Master

Guys, the P-Dub bumpers are on their way! They should be here by end of the week! Will compute the cost including all incidentals (ie. tax, shipping, etc). Will just PM you all once i get to compute everything.

Mini Toink/Mitch - 1 Xray
Gerry - 1 XRay, 1 JRXS
marvi/Fred - 1 BD, 1 JRXS
curious/Bing - 1 BD
voodoo/Jason - 1 BD
buboy - 1 415
ok po sir thanks
Old 05-28-2007, 08:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

robo: ok, text me na lang kung kelan ang bayad, para makapag tago tago muna
Old 05-28-2007, 10:24 PM
Tech Elite

nice! thanks gerry!

about the lipo battery... pag nagka funds at may available na. hehehehehe
Old 05-28-2007, 11:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

robo/voodooh/marvi/rajs; i think the orion advantage will do fine with Lipo batts, provided you get the Team Orion Stability Balancing System ORI62204 for balancing.

Pitshop: pwede ba mag order nito?

Josh: Bl and Lipo for modified racing!! whoooohoooo!!!
Old 05-28-2007, 11:41 PM
Tech Elite

mitch...

Bloody Red Mary ba gusto mo?

Old 05-29-2007, 01:33 AM
Tech Champion

voodoo: is that andy moore's pink ride? looking at the equipment seems like it is ... from RROC ba?

speaking of RROC, looks like the TC5 is promising did very well accross all classes. Hara seems to be struggling for a major win, and moore isnt as dominant as hara or rheinard were after they won thier championships. even for rhienard the big wins are not as frequent as before but he is still the most consistent it seems .... losi got whipped but then again they dont have nearly the on-road line-up as other teams .... and speaking of strong teams, despite having one team Xray seemed to struggle too (puro carpet kasi inaatupag).

mitch: pulang-pula ... nakaka-demonyo! bwahahahaha .... kuha na!!!

Old 05-29-2007, 02:44 AM
Tech Rookie

Default ech

mgandang araw po tanong lng po sana kung may nkka alam kung may [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]ECHO SQ or ECHO PQ sa pit shop po tnx....
Old 05-29-2007, 03:45 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Newbie..help on tires, nitro

yung nitro kit ko, parang "pike" ung rear wheels...normal bto?? newbie po...thanks...

para san b ang glow igniter?? kelangan bto para mgstart ung nitro kit??

san mkkbili ng nitro(gas)? howmuch??? marikina are ako...sn malapet bilihan..

thanks..thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.